Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

Mark Meadows needs to cave. Cut a deal and retire to his trailer in the Carolina hills with his $ million Trump bribe. But he either talk or take the perp walk.

Meadows should stay the line.   If he can stay loyal to Trump there are many more millions to be made grifting from the MAGA cult.    He’s got a get out of jail free card if the GOP can win in 24.   Roll the dice

Edited by Hongbit
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone really believe that President Pussygrab barely noticed the attractive 24 year old working at a desk 15 feet down the hall?    

He knew exactly who she was and probably tried many times to get her alone in the Oval Office study.  

Edited by Hongbit
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Edman85 said:

Moderates become enraged enough to vote for Dems until this brand of MAGA is quashed. And Dems don't push too hard on a far left agenda and scare them off. That is my hope.

Dem and Dem leaning turnout should certainly go up - marginally - which can be enough to tip a lot of elections, but I'm not sure anything will ever get the millions of Americans that regularly don't vote to ever start voting regularly. That said, there is another possible outcome that may be just as likely, which is that the constant water torture that of all these drips of fact represent  creates some reasonable about of 'deprogramming' inside the cult of Trump. With cult deprogramming, one outcome will be immediate zealotry in the opposite direction, which you already see in places like the Lincoln project, but more often you will just get turning away from that whole topic in the subject's like as the result of having been burned up/out by the experience. I think the likely outcome with these folks is not to embrace a character that is Trump 2.0, but rather to withdraw from politics, i.e. become non-voters. 

This will also serve of purpose of Dems winning elections, though again, the number that move will not likely be a big percentage of the MAGA, but given how close many elections are, their absence will swing enough to make a difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Lunging at the secret service member was actually the the part of the story that surprised me. I didn't think he had the courage to do that.  

You know you're talking about the president who was brave enough to hypothetically run into a hypothetical school shooting unarmed.   You may want to reconsider given his record of courage.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Lunging at the secret service member was actually the the part of the story that surprised me. I didn't think he had the courage to do that.  

She was quoting what she was told by SS the day of. Now they may have been embellishing a bit. I'd love to hear their testimony. There was also a comment made by one of the SS that Trump couldn't get his fat ass (my words) out of the seatbelt to do much damage. I think the temper was there in the car (small SUV) and the dining room. It matches other stories about Trump's toddler like temper.

Basically the intent was there.

The thing with the SS is cute in that it's dramatic but the biggest story is the arms.  Trump knew they had guns.  He wanted it so that there would be more of them.  He demanded that.  He wanted to be with them.  He knew they wouldn't hurt him and said so.  He didn't care if they hurt others.  He said Mike Pence deserved to be hung.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

I'm guessing it depends on how white evangelical women really feel about guns and abortion. If when they go in the those voting booths they decide they have had enough of the patriarchy, I think that is what could produce your re-alignment - and maybe the only thing.  But I'm still pretty sceptical. Working class evangelical women tend to be just as conned as their husbands (and ex-husbands....), so more likely the Dems will have to keep scraping for every vote just to not lose.

My impression is that evangelical women are truly and fully invested in the patriarchy, since their entire sense of identity is wrapped up in worship of the Ultimate Patriarch.

And the idea that the powerful men in their lives, whether their husbands, pastors, political leaders, etc., are ordained by God to reign over their lives is more than just a metaphor to them.

I can’t envision an en masse defection from Trump among evangelical women. 

27 minutes ago, oblong said:

The thing with the SS is cute in that it's dramatic but the biggest story is the arms.  Trump knew they had guns.  He wanted it so that there would be more of them.  He demanded that.  He wanted to be with them.  He knew they wouldn't hurt him and said so.  He didn't care if they hurt others.  He said Mike Pence deserved to be hung.  

10 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

These testimonies are planned for when the 118th Congress, dominated by Republicans, hold their own hearings investigating the Democrats who wasted government time and resources, thereby weakening our nation, by going after a private citizen who isn’t in power anymore and who nobody cares about anymore and can’t we just move on already because gas is $5 a gallon.

Interesting that there are at least two competing articles online which cite "8 things we learned from the Cassidy Hutchinson testimony"

This one from Rolling Stone by three writers

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/jan-6-hearing-cassidy-hutchinson-what-we-learned-1375653/

And this one from LA Times which has been picked up by apple news and the wires for local fishwraps.

That's what mobsters, Trump supporters and Faux Nuuze commentators do. They get a hold one item and hold on to it like a puggle with a rope. Ignoring all other facts while spewing their own lies.

And then get all huffy if you call them on it.

Edited by CMRivdogs