Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

19 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Now that the Republicans and their media have had the night to digest this all, I would guess that today's the day the avalanche of fraud claims is going to start rolling down the mountain, isn't it? Because what are their alternatives otherwise? The only two alternatives I can imagine at the moment are either publicly concede or go into seclusion.

it is a small hurdle, but I am seeing most GOP losers conceding. Mastriano is big exception. Is there really anyone else not conceding?

MCS might appreciate this.  The intersection of Telegraph and Van Born is a disaster because of Telegraph construction.  The light going west is like 4 seconds green.  Always a backup.  On Sunday there was a longer backup than normal as they were laying blacktop and this typical Trumpy pickup truck with flags/decals tried to pull out then cut back in via the left hand turn lane.  I squeezed ahead of him as he tried to get in front of me and I yelled out a "Let's Go Brandon" at him.  He flipped me off and honked repeatedly. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

it is a small hurdle, but I am seeing most GOP losers conceding. Mastriano is big exception. Is there really anyone else not conceding?

Kari Lake won't, for one. I doubt Boebert would. Who knows down the ballot in the various states like city councils and school boards and dog catcher.

I agree this may be an inflection point for dilettante MAGAs who exist on the margins, but there are still tens of millions dyed-in-the-wool red hats who won't just roll their eyes, throw up their hands, and binge Ice Road Truckers to soothe their fee-fees. They still think their birthright to win elections have been undermined, and remember what happened the last time they thought this.

Edited by chasfh

6 minutes ago, oblong said:

MCS might appreciate this.  The intersection of Telegraph and Van Born is a disaster because of Telegraph construction.  The light going west is like 4 seconds green.  Always a backup.  On Sunday there was a longer backup than normal as they were laying blacktop and this typical Trumpy pickup truck with flags/decals tried to pull out then cut back in via the left hand turn lane.  I squeezed ahead of him as he tried to get in front of me and I yelled out a "Let's Go Brandon" at him.  He flipped me off and honked repeatedly. 

I have to stifle any reflexes that might have a result of a gun pulled, and shots fired.

Yes. I am this afraid of my “fellow American”

3 hours ago, romad1 said:

The damage to the MAGA brand was like the rudder being damaged on the Bismarck.  The Liz Cheney brand seems to be doing pretty well. 

The Johnny Horton song was always a road trip favorite.  Meanwhile, if you have not...you should watch the movie from the 1950s.  I watched it on Youtube with my son the a while back.   The Kenneth More character is the quintessential ultra refined British wartime stiff-upper-lip through all manner of suffering and strain.  Dayna Wynter as his aide is a smoke show.  He of course asks her out for dinner at the end because who doesn't inappropriately date their female underling in the 1950s?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054310/

Bismarck.jpg

Such a great movie and Dana Winter makes you want to enlist.

32 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Kari Lake won't, for one. I doubt Boebert would. Who knows down the ballot in the various states like city councils and school boards and dog catcher.

I agree this may be an inflection point for dilettante MAGAs who exist on the margins, but there are still tens of millions dyed-in-the-wool red hats who won't just roll their eyes, throw up their hands, and binge Ice Road Truckers to soothe their fee-fees. They still think their birthright to win elections have been undermined, and remember what happened the last time they thought this.

Aaaaand here we go ...

image.thumb.png.7c680ea0389575fad33b26bb70bcbc13.png

Laugh if you want because it's Gateway Pundit, but all the ideas that are the mainstream thinking of Republican red hats had their start in flamethrowing blogs like this.

1 hour ago, smr-nj said:

Time for the DOJ/Merrick Garland to drop the hammer, and indict DJT. 
Multiple charges.

Stop stalling. Do it. It’s past time.

I don't disagree, but what effect would an indictment before 12/6 have on the GA Senate runoff? Or Trump's supposed announcement next week?

Might be a bit better to hold off a bit.

13 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I don't disagree, but what effect would an indictment before 12/6 have on the GA Senate runoff? Or Trump's supposed announcement next week?

Might be a bit better to hold off a bit.

I think we absolutely need to stop with the political “what ifs”. If he’s deserving of being indicted, they need to just do it. There’s not gonna be a good time or bad time. There would always be another reason to put it off.  Enough.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1