Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

13 hours ago, Edman85 said:

The TV station seems to be perfectly OK with it all since they accepted footage from and credited the retrograde organization that admitted they were behind the whole thing, and then amplifying support from normal-seeming sports fans.

D65B0FEC-6F47-43BE-A08D-45C1A46D567B.png

Edited by chasfh

Man, it sure seems like every tweet that shows up in this thread is from somebody I blocked or muted.

MTG, for as batshit as she is, only benefits when she gets amplified by people mocking her. Block/ignore and let her flail away. Promote the boring hard working politicians who are actually trying to solve problems and that behavior will be incentivized.

Edited by Edman85

I don’t think that not sharing MTG tweets in this forum, which we do purely for the batshit entertainment value of it all, would have even one iota of effect on her.

I would agree that news outlets should not routinely share her tweets in news stories, beyond those instances in which the tweets make actual news.

2 hours ago, Edman85 said:

Man, it sure seems like every tweet that shows up in this thread is from somebody I blocked or muted.

MTG, for as batshit as she is, only benefits when she gets amplified by people mocking her. Block/ignore and let her flail away. Promote the boring hard working politicians who are actually trying to solve problems and that behavior will be incentivized.

We will post only the sober and earnest In the "this is the crap we need to cleanup thread" sure thing.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, chasfh said:

The TV station seems to be perfectly OK with it all since they accepted footage from and credited the retrograde organization that admitted they were behind the whole thing, and then amplifying support from normal-seeming sports fans.

D65B0FEC-6F47-43BE-A08D-45C1A46D567B.png

Well, I can tell you the reporter on the byline is far from a right wing MAGA person with pronouns on her Twitter and many tweets advocating for the trans community, satirizing the republican mayor. That station also has produced an anchor who ran for congress as a Democrat and still employs her husband, and is aligned with the local newspaper that has frequent scathing editorials against DeSantis and Trump.

16 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Slightly older news...but welcome

Not the Mike Lee nonsense.  He's vile.  Mitch finally lands on the correct answer after trying all the others for 6-7 years.

is it the right answer from Mitch, though? He didn't say he wouldn't support him. He talked only about the party in general terms. He left himself some wiggle room here, I think.

7 hours ago, Edman85 said:

I don't follow any polliticians.  I have her blocked, but somebody quoted her.  I actually unblocked her momentarily as to not identify the person who quoted her.  I just posted it here because it was comically stupid and the thread title suggests this is a good place for crazy tweets   I am confident that she doesn't read motown forums.  

Edited by Tiger337

8 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I don't follow any polliticians.  I have her blocked, but somebody quoted her.  I actually unblocked her momentarily as to not identify the person who quoted her.  I just posted it here because it was comically stupid and the thread title suggests this is a good place for crazy tweets   I am confident that she doesn't read motown forums.  

Yeah I wasn't really going after you. I have the Flipowskis and Rupars of the world blocked.

I have mixed feelings on sharing tweets from people like MTG.... On the one hand, I agree with people who say "Stop making stupid people famous," and am sick of the media giving "certain" politicians a lot of press because of the controversy they cause.

On the other hand... people unfortunately do follow these people, and even more unfortunately actually will vote for them, and I'm a firm believer in knowing what 'the enemy' is up to.

21 minutes ago, LaceyLou said:

I have mixed feelings on sharing tweets from people like MTG.... On the one hand, I agree with people who say "Stop making stupid people famous," and am sick of the media giving "certain" politicians a lot of press because of the controversy they cause.

On the other hand... people unfortunately do follow these people, and even more unfortunately actually will vote for them, and I'm a firm believer in knowing what 'the enemy' is up to.

I doubt this place will make anybody famous!  I don't view this forum as wide reaching social media. It would be good if grew some more, but if it got too big, I would probably not like it as much.  I like that we all know each other a little bit. 

I agree the media should stop giving crazy politicians a lot of attention, but they won't because craziness gets them clicks.     

Edited by Tiger337
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I doubt this place will make anybody famous!  I don't view this forum as wide reaching socia media. It would be good if grew some more, but if it got too big, I would probably not like it as much.  I like that we all know each other a little bit. 

I agree the media should stop giving crazy politicians a lot of attention, but they won't because craziness gets them clicks.     

That is very true, most people find our site by going out of their way to search for it (which makes it good, IMO). 

Your second point is also true... I remember watching one of the WS games in (I think 2000?) and the announcers went on for a whole inning about how they 'wished everyone would stop talking about that bat throwing incident.' People always say they want to hear calm, rational discussion but it's the mud-slingers who get most of the attention while the voice of reason gets ignored or called 'boring.'

7 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Please keep sharing the ludicrous pronouncements from Carlson and Greene here.  I've never bothered to establish a Twitter account, so I would miss out on that comedic value if people did not copy those tweets here.  Copying a tweet to Motownforums.com does not "give it oxygen".

If you expose something to a Canadian it only makes it colder and drunk.