4/21 1:10 Yankees @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

Get Garneau and/or Haase in the lineup somehow...and for the love of baseball gawd, drop schoop and candy somewhere 6-9, and preferrably not hitting back to back.  Tbh, I could care less if I see Barnhart in a Tigers uni ever again...even after only 11 games.

1 hour ago, Dtrain72 said:

Get Garneau and/or Haase in the lineup somehow...and for the love of baseball gawd, drop schoop and candy somewhere 6-9, and preferrably not hitting back to back.  Tbh, I could care less if I see Barnhart in a Tigers uni ever again...even after only 11 games.

To be fair, Candy is something like 3 for his last 5 with a double, but I agree on Schoop... he needs to bat lower until he breaks out of it.

41 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Really puts it into prospective. This will be the first in my lifetime.

Hey, you old guys (55+):

If you're anywhere near a TV or computing device, you have to watch Miggy get his 3,000th hit, because there's a good chance this will be the last guy any of us will see hit that milestone. That is, if this table from last September in Fangraphs is to be believed:

image.thumb.png.510c480b261ff6b9714c324a3f10e831.png

Edited by chasfh

We always hear about Jim Leyland's famous call out in 2006 when the team was unfocused and floundering.   That only works 1 or 2 times before it gets old, but after the last two games, it might be time for AJ to have the Come to Jesus meeting with his team.    Nobody wants to hear the injury excuse.  Both games were winnable, it was bad decisions not injuries that lost them.  

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Hey, you old guys (55+):

If you're anywhere near a TV or computing device, you have to watch Miggy get his 3,000th hit, because there's a good chance this will be the last guy any of us will see hit that milestone. That is, if this table from last September in Fangraphs is to be believed:

image.thumb.png.510c480b261ff6b9714c324a3f10e831.png

Even less likely may be anyone of us seeing another Triple Crown winner in our lifetime. 

55 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

We always hear about Jim Leyland's famous call out in 2006 when the team was unfocused and floundering.   That only works 1 or 2 times before it gets old, but after the last two games, it might be time for AJ to have the Come to Jesus meeting with his team.    Nobody wants to hear the injury excuse.  Both games were winnable, it was bad decisions not injuries that lost them.  

I don’t think Hinch has it in him. Seriously.

11 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Even less likely may be anyone of us seeing another Triple Crown winner in our lifetime. 

Believe it or not, Castellanos may be on the short list to accomplish that, at least in the next couple of eyars. Vlad Guerrero Jr might have the best shot in the next decade. Austin Riley, perhaps.

One thing to remember is that in today's game, a guy doesn't have to hit mid- to high .300s to win a batting crown anymore. Last year, .319 won the AL title and .328 won the NL crown. And the way base hits are down this year, who knows, we might see a guy with a batting title hitting two-something.

27 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Believe it or not, Castellanos may be on the short list to accomplish that, at least in the next couple of eyars. Vlad Guerrero Jr might have the best shot in the next decade. Austin Riley, perhaps.

One thing to remember is that in today's game, a guy doesn't have to hit mid- to high .300s to win a batting crown anymore. Last year, .319 won the AL title and .328 won the NL crown. And the way base hits are down this year, who knows, we might see a guy with a batting title hitting two-something.

The problem will always be just how hard it is for all three aspects. Hits after to be up thre. But, nobody can pull a brady anderson and jsut start jacking homers or you lose that category. RBI are a team stat so without a crazy good lineup forcing teams to pitch to you, that one is hard to come buy. When Miggy won it that lineup had Prince and Clete Thomas. That's often the tricky part, having enough guys on base and not someone on a crazy good team still that category from you