4/21 1:10 Yankees @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

Just now, lordstanley said:

Even a 6-4-3 dp would have got Miggy pitched to. 

Yep, Candy literally had the worst possiblt outcome short of a triple play...becauae of course he did!  Kinda pissed AJ didnt have Miggy batting in the 3 spot before the game, and what happened is exactly the reason why.

5 minutes ago, casimir said:

I don't blame the Yankees.  They're trying to win the game, not avoid 3,000.  Pitch the lefty against Meadows or Cabrera?  Come on, we'd be justifiably raking Hinch over the coals if he had some random lefty pitching to Judge rather than Gallo.

I dont blame them either...I blame Candy for that weak contact that lead to a DP and an open 1st base when bases were loaded and no outs w Miggy on deck.

Cabrera was good in the BSD interview.

• On the intentional walk decision:  He understood it, it was a baseball move, they're trying to win the game.
  • On kids skipping school to be in attendance:  "NOOOOO!  Don't do that!  Don't skip school."
  • On whether he has heard louder boos in Detroit:  "Oh, louder.  This home crowd can get loud."
  • Again on whether he was upset about being intentionally walked:  "No, (big grin) my on base percentage went up."

10 minutes ago, casimir said:

• On the intentional walk decision:  He understood it, it was a baseball move, they're trying to win the game.
  • On kids skipping school to be in attendance:  "NOOOOO!  Don't do that!  Don't skip school."
  • On whether he has heard louder boos in Detroit:  "Oh, louder.  This home crowd can get loud."
  • Again on whether he was upset about being intentionally walked:  "No, (big grin) my on base percentage went up."

I think that’s more than I’ve heard him expound on any subject in 15 years 

47 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I don't blame the Yankees for doing what they did, but it would be idiotic not to expect the kind of reaction that they got from the crowd when they ended up doing it.

Boone was completely correct. But if you are at the ballpark and don't boo the opposing manager for that you should lose your ticket buying privileges. That's what you are there to do. :classic_tongue:

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, casimir said:

It was also a class act as he walked off the field at the end of the inning. Trying to quiet the crowd and indicating the score was 3-0. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, casimir said:

I don't blame the Yankees.  They're trying to win the game, not avoid 3,000.  Pitch the lefty against Meadows or Cabrera?  Come on, we'd be justifiably raking Hinch over the coals if he had some random lefty pitching to Judge rather than Gallo.

It was a dick move.