4/27 @ 7:40 Tigers @ Twins

Tigeraholic1

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

This team just sucks right now.  Absolutely sucks.  They are the same as the 9-24 team from last year at this point.  Lifeless. 

They certainly have more talent on paper vs 2021. But it isn't working.

Just now, mtutiger said:

I mean, this is what Pineda is... he's useful as a lower end starter but can give up some runs.

Problem is that that you have no room for any of that with this kind of offense.

right. Dan talking about run scoring being down around the league - probably a lot of northern cold weather - at any rate ignoring that, 5 runs a game has been the average in recent years. But when you don't score at all we all tend to overfocus on runs allowed, even if they aren't that bad.

4 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I wouldn't bet my career as a manager on Badoo righting the ship.  I'd let him prove that he belonged by demoting him and seeing him fight his way back.

My guess - Akil needs to back off a touch and trust his strength - I think he's just out of control with his swing and he can't get the bat on the ball.

Edited by gehringer_2

12 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

This team just sucks right now.  Absolutely sucks.  They are the same as the 9-24 team from last year at this point.  Lifeless. 

I was told to ignore their April record last year because Hinch changed the whole franchise starting in May😉.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I wouldn't bet my career as a manager on Badoo righting the ship.  I'd let him prove that he belonged by demoting him and seeing him fight his way back.

If he were not a Rule 5 guy, he almost surely would not have reached the majors yet, so some time in AAA wouldn't be terrible.