What Are You Listening To?

mtutiger

11 hours ago, ewsieg said:

That's fantastic.  On a side note, I saw Liam putting out some hints at a reunion just last week, but again, doing it through social media rather than just calling Noel.  

Because Noel won't take his calls.   

"I liked my mum fine until she gave birth to Liam"  - Noel Gallagher, 2019

Siblings in bands

At a family get-together to celebrate Dave Davies 50th birthday in 1997, Ray Davies got so pissed off about not getting all the attention that he jumped up on a table and stamped all over the birthday cake and he wasn't even drunk.   

Ray Davies is so damned stubborn that a guy shot him and it still didn't kill him.  

Some people will hate this and find it a boring or poorly done acoustic cover of an Iron Maiden classic. However, I really enjoyed this folky/REM-style spin on Iron Maiden's Wasted Years. If you ever wondered what it would be like to hear Michael Stipe, Cat Stevens, or James Taylor sing an Iron Maiden song, well wonder no more.

I recently re-discovered The Stompers on You Tube, and it brought back some good memories. I'm not sure how well known they are outside of the Boston area, but I'd describe them as a cross between Tom Petty and The Stray Cats.

On 3/8/2024 at 2:51 PM, LaceyLou said:

I recently re-discovered The Stompers on You Tube, and it brought back some good memories. I'm not sure how well known they are outside of the Boston area, but I'd describe them as a cross between Tom Petty and The Stray Cats.

I don't remember any band in Boston called the Stompers.    I do, however, recall The Stawmpahs 

• Like 1

Karl Wallinger from the Waterboys and more famously World Party, has passed away at 66.   I really liked World Party.  "Goodbye Jumbo" and "Bang" were great albums of the early 90s with incredible production.      I saw World Party a few times live and when I got to broadcast from Bonnaroo I got to meet him, briefly.  They hadn't toured in some time and I asked why and he told me about a brain aneurysm he had in 2001 - it almost killed him and messed up his eyesight permanently.   I had no idea.   He was very nice and his remark about the weather that day "its hot as bollocks" gave everyone a good laugh.    He hadn't been active lately, but he died on Sunday.      He's the person that gave Sinead O'Connor her start.  

No video for this song, but the production is just stellar

And an all-time favorite of mine

Edited by Motor City Sonics

10 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Give the finger to the rock-and-roll singer

As he's dancing upon your paycheck.

Sales climb high to the garbage pail sky

Like a giant dildo crushing the sun ...

Chaser:

Edited by chasfh

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2024 at 8:29 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

I might have one last free pair of tickets to see Adam Ant and The English Beat on Friday at Masonic Temple in Detroit.    If you are interested, I need to know by Noon Tuesday.   FCFS  

Were you looking for Caller 9 at 734-998-1071?

The Beyonce Country song Texas Hold Em is catching on with me.  I listened to Jolene once and it didn't hook with me.  But this song is catching me like a commercial jingle would.  

I'm not a Beyonce fan and favor the kind of Country that Tater does but it is what it is... I didn't ask for this but I'm kind of digging it.  

On 4/5/2024 at 10:03 AM, lordstanley said:

Full Vampire Weekend album, Only God Was Above Us, is out today and I’ve been listening to it since last night. Strong from top to bottom, a great listen. 

What are the 5 best tracks?   We're featuring them every hour for Feature Artist Friday this week on 107one. 

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What are the 5 best tracks?   We're featuring them every hour for Feature Artist Friday this week on 107one. 

No filler,  but my pick for top 5 in order they appear on track list

- Ice Cream Piano

- Capricorn

- Prep School Gangsters

- Mary Boone

- Pravda