What Are You Listening To?

mtutiger

Figured I'd restart this staple.

I will be embarking on a listen of The Rolling Stones entire catalog soon. Any favorite albums from the group?

My personal favorite is Beggars Banquet. But I really haven't listened to many of their albums the entire way through tho.

Edited by mtutiger

12 hours ago, mtutiger said:

I will be embarking on a listen of The Rolling Stones entire catalog soon. Any favorite albums from the group?

My personal favorite is Beggars Banquet. But I really haven't listened to many of their albums the entire way through tho.

Let It Bleed is the other side of Beggars Banquet, so you gotta do that.

My all-time favorite:

I'll put this here instead of the TV thread since it's music....

I watched "If I leave here tomorrow",  doc on Skynyrd is on Netflix now.  I think it's been around before.  Not the biggest fan of them even though I love the Allmans, too rednecky for me, but it was enjoyable and watchable.   There's a brief clip of a young black artist, that I have now begun to look into, playing a few seconds of Simple Man and it made me appreciate Ronnie Van Zant as a guitarist....

They do address the confederate flag angle.

Anyway, if you want a break and have 90 minutes for some casual watching, give it a shot.  Most of it's archival interviews as most of the original guys are dead, even outside of the plane crash. I hadn't realized that several of them passed since. 

On 9/21/2021 at 5:05 PM, mtutiger said:

I really like Aftemath. I’m not a diehard Stones fan, so when listening to it start to end there were still songs that surprised me. Whereas with the early 70s albums, which are great, it is hard for a casual fan like me to not have already heard virtually all of the tracks. 

Edited by lordstanley
  • Thanks 1

I went to see Hall & Oates and Squeeze a few weeks ago at Pine Knob.    I had never seen them live and they were really good even though Daryl's voice was not 100% (Dude is 74, high notes are a little too high now).   I was shocked at how young the crowd was, at least on the lawn.   Many of them probably weren't even born the last time these guys had a hit.  It was surprising and I am wondering if it's because of Daryl's internet show, which is fantastic.   

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I went to see Hall & Oates and Squeeze a few weeks ago at Pine Knob.    I had never seen them live and they were really good even though Daryl's voice was not 100% (Dude is 74, high notes are a little too high now).   I was shocked at how young the crowd was, at least on the lawn.   Many of them probably weren't even born the last time these guys had a hit.  It was surprising and I am wondering if it's because of Daryl's internet show, which is fantastic.   

I was at Pine Knob a couple weeks ago for Alanis with my wife.  I liked Ironic when it came out back in the day, but was not a big fan of her until that concert.  I am not sure what it was, but something about the entire atmosphere was pretty awesome.  Big fan now.  When we first started dating I took her to see Alanis at Pine Knob maybe 20 years ago.  My wife called it the "concert of her life", she is a HUGE fan of Alanis.

It may also just be because it was the first concert we had been to since Joshua Tree at Ford Field like 6 years ago, but we do not go to many concerts.  Pretty sure this is the first one I did not have a drop to drink at also...so I feel like I took it in more which sounds weird.

I went to see Megadeth and Lamb of God last Friday and it was so amazing to be back at a concert. There was a real energy and the bands did not disappoint. They thanked the crowd several times and expressed their gratitude at being able to do concerts again.

If you ever get a chance to do an outdoor concert at Soaring Eagle, jump on it. The sound was absolutely amazing.