Jump to content

5/12 1:10 A's @ Tigers


Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Happy Limerick Day

In Al and Hinch we placed our trust

A winning season was a must

But with Willi in center

And the offense a pretender

We're left watching everyone's dust

 

 

Clearly, you missed your calling. 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Happy Limerick Day

In Al and Hinch we placed our trust

A winning season was a must

But with Willi in center

And the offense a pretender

We're left watching everyone's dust

 

 

Where's Carl Kasell when you need him? (RIP)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Avila spoke of his approach in building the team. He knows nobody is happy with the 9-21 start — Tigers brass, players, managers and certainly not the fans. Still, he did his best to look at the glass half-full..

 

"We discussed how blessed we are for our pitching," he said. "There are so many clubs out there that would die right now for the pitching we have ... knock on wood, but we feel we have a really good foundation for now and the future for pitching.

"Obviously, our hitting has not been the best right now … but at the same time, at the major league level, we have guys in the prime of their career."

He mentioned Jeimer Candelario, Javier Baez, Jonathan Schoop and Meadows all as a part of that foundation. He said he believes it's only a matter of time before it clicks.

Those words might ring hollow with fans these days, who've endured a rebuild since 2017 on the heels of a team that was constantly in go-for-it mode but never got the World Series title to show for it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watching the Tigers lose is still much, much better than watching snow fly during the off-season. Yeah, we're struggling but there will he exciting times this season. Injuries really hurt a team that isn't very deep in talent. Houston loses Correa? Well jeez, look at how his replacement is doing. Much better than a Castro, Short or Goodrum.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

Happy Limerick Day

In Al and Hinch we placed our trust

A winning season was a must

But with Willi in center

And the offense a pretender

We're left watching everyone's dust

 

 

I'll watch Tiger baseball until the fall.

Watch Miggy make his case for The Hall.

Sweating the months with the boys of summer.

If they don't contend, it will be a bummer.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Watching the Tigers lose is still much, much better than watching snow fly during the off-season. Yeah, we're struggling but there will he exciting times this season. Injuries really hurt a team that isn't very deep in talent. Houston loses Correa? Well jeez, look at how his replacement is doing. Much better than a Castro, Short or Goodrum.

And they are doing it without the genius AJ Hinch!  They are on pace to win 100 games with some old recycled manager.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

And they are doing it without the genius AJ Hinch!  They are on pace to win 100 games with some old recycled manager.

I think all of baseball agrees JV is amazing. He really is a throwback. I'm sure he would have thrived in the days of a 4 man pitching staff. 300 innings and 250 strikeouts? Yeah, no problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve listened to this entire series through the A’s audio feed. Last night one of their guys pointed out that Mark Kotsay was considered a finalists for the Tigers managerial opening Hinch was chosen for. I honestly didn’t recall Kotsay as a serious candidate for the job. That said, I believe Kotsay would have been an excellent choice for Detroit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...