The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

Just you wait, just you wait. Mark Meadows testifying means nothing. Mark Meadows flipping on Trump means nothing. Wait until you see those emails. Wait until you see that Durham Report. Just you wait, this is all a big distraction.

Mark Meadows flipping might just be Trump's John Gotti moment after Sammy The Bull Gravano flipped on him.

1 minute ago, Tiger337 said:

nah,  He'll autograph and sell the letter.  

lol, no seriously. Is this really catching him by surprise? Is his head so far up his own ass, fluffed as he is by hangers-on, that he had no idea he would be actually criminally prosecuted? That maybe he genuinely thought it was all just part of the big game? I wonder that about him sometimes, just how much he honestly believes in all the things he says, versus knowing it's not true and just pretending 100% of the time that it is.

25 minutes ago, chasfh said:

lol, no seriously. Is this really catching him by surprise? Is his head so far up his own ass, fluffed as he is by hangers-on, that he had no idea he would be actually criminally prosecuted? That maybe he genuinely thought it was all just part of the big game? I wonder that about him sometimes, just how much he honestly believes in all the things he says, versus knowing it's not true and just pretending 100% of the time that it is.

Probably some of both.  He knows he is in trouble and also knows he will get away with it.  

11 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Probably some of both.  He knows he is in trouble and also knows he will get away with it.  

That’s what I’m wondering: does he know just how much trouble? A guy who has never gone through the system probably has no idea, or maybe he believes it’s not actually serious and is a minor nuisance that can be negotiated. And for him, that might be right, who knows.

The one thing I do know is that he will leverage his popularity and the implicit threat  that entails, and that will be part of the calculus Justice takes into consideration.

Trump has always been able to "buy his way" out of trouble. Even when he was in serious danger of losing Trump Tower, the banks decided it was too much of an expensive White Elephant to actually foreclose and make him vacate.

He's a rich self entitled jerk who has never actually been punished, and serves no apparent us to society at large. But he thinks he's the King of the World. (Until his meetings with Putin. Watch his body language when the two are in public. Trump looks like a scared little todie.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

That’s what I’m wondering: does he know just how much trouble? A guy who has never gone through the system probably has no idea, or maybe he believes it’s not actually serious and is a minor nuisance that can be negotiated. And for him, that might be right, who knows.

The one thing I do know is that he will leverage his popularity and the implicit threat  that entails, and that will be part of the calculus Justice takes into consideration.

which says that we don't have a criminal justice system in the United States.  One could argue that our legal system is specifically designed to protect people like him.

Edited by Tiger337
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

which says that we don't have a criminal justice system in the United States.  One could argue that our legal system is specifically designed to protect people like him.

You would get no counterargument from me on this.

11 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

there were reports the DOJ had a meeting with the Congressional leadership (the so-called gang of eight). Speculation was to tell them about a Trump indictment.

EDIT: Aaannd there it is. Indictment just popped onto the front page of the NYT.

Edited by gehringer_2

On 6/7/2023 at 12:11 AM, Mr.TaterSalad said:

An oldie, long before my time. But just like ole Tricky ****, Donald Slump appears to be going down. This time though, Trump will be going to jail with Haldeman because there won't be a Ford to pardon him.

I think President Biden or President Harris, or President Newsom would pardon him actually,  with some major conditions - to avoid the embarrassment of having an ex-President behind bars and to stop bloodshed.  

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I think President Biden or President Harris, or President Newsom would pardon him actually,  with some major conditions - to avoid the embarrassment of having an ex-President behind bars and to stop bloodshed.  

Ford probably lost the election over pardoning Nixon. Argues no-one will make that mistake again.

9 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I wonder if today's news means that Meadows turned states witness on him.

It seems they wanted Meadows on the record before indicting. So either that, or I suppose it might not even be as much a matter of Meadows turning on him as they needed Meadows under oath not exonerating him either. IOW, just having Meadows on record that he could not contradict other incriminating testimony. That way Meadows would be risking perjury charges if he were testify in Trumps defense at trial in some way they didn't expect.

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

It seems they wanted Meadows on the record before indicting. So either that, or I suppose it might not even be as much a matter of Meadows turning on him as they needed Meadows under oath not exonerating him either. IOW, just having Meadows on record that he could not contradict other incriminating testimony. That way Meadows would be risking perjury charges if he were testify in Trumps defense at trial in some way they didn't expect.

I think that today's news, coming on the heels of Meadows testifying, likely means he didn't plead the fifth the other day and actually gave up information against Trump.