The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

44 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Of course Trump is fundraising off this. Amazing the number of people that will still follow this guy off the cliff and give him their hard earned money.

McCarthy, Jordan, Gaetz, Greene, Hawley, Grassley, Rubio among GOP Congresscritters still all in for Trump after the indictment.

Edited by gehringer_2

18 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

McCarthy, Jordan, Gaetz, Greene, Hawley, Grassley, Rubio among GOP Congresscritters still all in for Trump after the indictment.

But they love this.   Because they hope he gets nailed and gets out of their way, but they can use this for political hay.  This is their dream come true.  

13 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Ugh, for @romad1, @microline133, and I and others who aren't allowed near TikTok can we not embed their videos in here? Is there a way to block them?

android phones in particular are really aggressive at promoting downloading tik tok aren't they.   I think I got half a dozen urgent requests to download this critical app when i got my burner.  

11 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Lets not forget, there's still Georgia. 

That is the biggest deal as far as I am concerned.  It is where he clearly tried to overturn the election and was caught on tape.  Everybody talks about Jan 6, but it's what happened before that day which is more important.  

4 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

appears that Judge Loose Cannon, a Trump appointee who erroneously tried to appoint a special master to protect Trump in the initial phase of the the MAL investigation, has been assigned the case.

• Like 1

Just now, Tiger337 said:

That is the biggest deal as far as I am concerned.  It is where he clearly tried to overturn the election and was caught on tape.  Everybody talks about Jan 6, but it's what happened before that day which is more important.  

The competing big deals:

• Jan 6: literally a directing a coup and threats against the VPs life.  Many witnesses. A huge black eye for the nation. Some deaths.  He's already been impeached on this but only a handful of Republicans voted to remove. 
  • documents case: smokingest of the smoking guns because its literally a documents case.  And lordy there are tapes.  Not exciting to those who never signed a US Government NDA but, surefire a PROBLEM for the correct operation of the government if the President can ignore the law. 
  • Stormy Daniels: dude, we know he did it.  Lots of mob behavior.  Cringy evangelical attempts to ignore the obvious.  Its definitely one of the indictments.  Probably good it was first out of the gate.
  • Georgia:  Could you overthrow the election for me?  Pretty clear cut.  
  • Ukraine:  Could you dump bad news about Biden for me:  wait he was impeached for that.  Sadly, only a few honest GOP (Collins and Romney) in the Senate voted to remove. 

11 minutes ago, jz68 said:

Two of Trump's attorneys just quit.  One of them, Jim Trusty, was all over TV last night and again this morning defending Donnie.  

Can you imagine being a fly on the wall for any of these attorney/client meetings with Trump?  Has to be ulcer creating blitzes.

And I wonder… quit? Or fired? Is he even sure?

7 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

Can you imagine being a fly on the wall for any of these attorney/client meetings with Trump?  Has to be ulcer creating blitzes.

And I wonder… quit? Or fired? Is he even sure?

Haberman(NYT) this moring reports that turnover in Trump's legal team is driving largely by everyone hating Trump BFF Boris Epshteyn, who is literally a convicted bar brawler and apparently a drunk as well.

Edited by gehringer_2

30 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

What I am failing to comprehend is why he went to such great lengths to both take and avoid returning these specific documents. Stuff as sensitive as these documents.

Like, maybe it's just vanity, but man it looks way more nefarious than that.

When seeing this tweet, I can't get past that Kaitlan Collins and CNN just had a townhall with Trump as if he was just a normal candidate.