The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

2 hours ago, Archie said:

I deleted the post and edited the other.  My apologies that it sounded too much like a person attack which was not my intention. 

Thanks for taking care of that.

And you’re wrong on everything else. 😁

6 hours ago, Archie said:

If he has such a great team then why does he have so few accomplishments if any at all?  The country is the worst place its ever been. With inflation, open borders, crime, on the verge of WWIII and the overall moral decline of this nation thanks to his anti-American policies.  

If Biden and his team's goal was to bring America to its knees he is an overwhelming success.  Biden has the lowest polling numbers of any POTUS. 

His party knew he was a terrible candidate that's why they made him bulletproof in office.  As bad as Slo Joe is, Harris is even more worthless.  Nobody would ever consider impeaching Biden with that dolt as a successor.

I don't if he's doing a "good job" compared to other past presidents, but anybody would look good following delusional anti-American foreign dictator loving Trump.   

Edited by Tiger337

6 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I don't if he's doing a "good job" compared to other past presidents, but anybody would look good following delusional anti-American foreign dictator loving Trump.   

Even Rick Rizzs?

Edited by chasfh

3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

One of the Judges that Dump appointed struck down Tennessee's anti-drag law.    Oh, the irony, sweetie.  

More than anything, goes to show what we all expected, just how terrible and antithetical to our constitution those laws are.

15 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Rizzs or Rathbun?  Couldn't tell them apart?

Actually they both went on to decent careers. Rizzs with the Mariners and Rathbun with Atlanta’s Hawks and some college basketball on the side. The both happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

As an aside, Rathbun also worked a bit with Gary Cohen, they shared sports reporting duties briefly. Cohen was just inducted into the Mets Hall of Fame

4 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Actually they both went on to decent careers. Rizzs with the Mariners and Rathbun with Atlanta’s Hawks and some college basketball on the side. The both happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

As an aside, Rathbun also worked a bit with Gary Cohen, they shared sports reporting duties briefly. Cohen was just inducted into the Mets Hall of Fame

they probably weren't as bat as I remember, but they were five step downs from Harwell and they no hope of ever being embraced by Tigers fans.  

• Like 1

For Rathbun it was also probably a giant cultural leap from SE Virginia to Metro Detroit. I knew his wife before they married (I worked briefly with her) and I've read she had an extremely tough time. I think she lost a parent as well during the time they were in Detroit.

For youngish broadcasters if you are not from Michigan or Detroit it's hard to adjust to the market.

2 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

For Rathbun it was also probably a giant cultural leap from SE Virginia to Metro Detroit. I knew his wife before they married (I worked briefly with her) and I've read she had an extremely tough time. I think she lost a parent as well during the time they were in Detroit.

For youngish broadcasters if you are not from Michigan or Detroit it's hard to adjust to the market.

The same leap that a certain Michigan football coach tried to make 

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

they probably weren't as bat as I remember, but they were five step downs from Harwell and they no hope of ever being embraced by Tigers fans.  

Whoever put the two of them in the same booth with such similar sound was a sonic moron. When you can't identify the two sides of a conversation it's very disorienting to listen to, even if the conversation might have made sense. So that was one strike. And of course the other was that there had been no reason to make the change. Either of them might have succeeded as a member of a new team here if Ernie had retired voluntarily, because we recognized we couldn't replace him. But for someone else to be there when Ernie was still available and still perfectly capable was completely unacceptable. That strike two was so big that you didn't need a strike three.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, romad1 said:

Paul Carey and Ernie are probably still bouncing around in the ionosphere given the quality of their pipes. Paul Carey's voice will be the one I hear if I make it to the pearly gates.  

Yes Paul was one of those Voice of God guys.  Lorne Greene was another.

44 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Yes Paul was one of those Voice of God guys.  Lorne Greene was another.

there was this bizarre youtube video I ran across yesterday narrated by Lorne Greene which was a US Army tv program called The Big Picture made in the 60s.   Yes, he was a man with golden pipes.

3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What if it's Fran Drescher's ? 

Maybe you haven't heard generic lower-middle class Michigan woman talk after being away from Michigan for a while.  Fran Drescher sounds like Julie f'n Andrews in comparison.

3 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

Rick Rizzs has an outside shot at making the broadcaster’s wing of the Hall of Fame. I kid you not.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, romad1 said:

there was this bizarre youtube video I ran across yesterday narrated by Lorne Greene which was a US Army tv program called The Big Picture made in the 60s.   Yes, he was a man with golden pipes.

I have heard people try to put John Facenda from the original NFL Films in this category but he doesn't have the richness.

10 hours ago, chasfh said:

Rick Rizzs has an outside shot at making the broadcaster’s wing of the Hall of Fame. I kid you not.

He does. They love him there.

One year about 15 years ago we had the free preview of whatever the precursor to MLB Extra Innings.  I had a random game on while cooking and thought to myself "This broadcaster is good...".  It was Rizzs.  I didn't know it was Seattle or him.  

Rathbun lived in a gated community in Dearborn where a lot of other young TIgers, and Sparky, lived.  I delivered pizza to him.  Nice guy.

16 minutes ago, oblong said:

He does. They love him there.

One year about 15 years ago we had the free preview of whatever the precursor to MLB Extra Innings.  I had a random game on while cooking and thought to myself "This broadcaster is good...".  It was Rizzs.  I didn't know it was Seattle or him.  

Rathbun lived in a gated community in Dearborn where a lot of other young TIgers, and Sparky, lived.  I delivered pizza to him.  Nice guy.

Just on the off chance.  I had buddies who worked at Monroe Street pizza in Dearborn.  I use that as my phone greeting here in DC when I get a call I don't recognize at my desk.