Javy Baez

UCFKNIGHT

I couldn't help noticing last night  that Harold Castro's throws to first base,  actually made it all the way to Tork, without bouncing half-way there or making him lurch to one side like a grasshopper.

Perhaps our "solution" at shortstop is not as big a reach as some strive to make it? 😇

Edited by Useful Idiot

3 minutes ago, Useful Idiot said:

I couldn't help noticing last night  that Harold Castro's throws to first base,  actually made it all the way to Tork, without bouncing half-way there or making him lurch to one side like a grasshopper.

Perhaps our "solution" at shortstop is not as big a reach as some strive to make it? 😇

you don't want Harold playing too much SS. If you've been watching, you remember that when when Javy was out for a few days Harold was pretty badly exposed. It's sort of comic that they choose Harold and Willi as utility based on their supposed flexibility but neither can play a serviceable SS. They've both hit well enough (esp Harold) to keep their spots but if Javy got hurt they'd be foolish to let either play extended innings in his place.

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

and a very moderately moderated one I would add.

Well, if that's the case, I find that comforting.   The "good ol boy" networks at most forums tend to be pretty skilled in framing newcomers as "trouble makers", so I've been careful to try and avoid that distinction.

Of course the other side of that, I really don't know who the admins here really are, either. At least at the MLB forums, you could rest in the comfort that your anonymity was safe from hostile posters. Here, I'm sure the admins have the full gamut of tools to employ, for whatever purpose might strike them as "fitting".

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

you don't want Harold playing too much SS. If you've been watching, you remember that when when Javy was out for a few days Harold was pretty badly exposed. It's sort of comic that they choose Harold and Willi as utility based on their supposed flexibility but neither can play a serviceable SS. They've both hit well enough (esp Harold) to keep their spots but if Javy got hurt they'd be foolish to let either play extended innings in his place.

I've seen him make a few blunders...but I suppose in the spirit of this board I should cherry pick some stat that suggests contrary?

Being able the throw the ball all the way to first, is a big plus.😮

49 minutes ago, Archie said:

The "buddy system" i

Interesting that you see it that way.   I've usually interpreted the "charm" systems such as that t be more of a "training tool" of sorts, used to groom desired behaviors.  aka be a good boy, and earn a lollipop.

What really grows annoying is some places like Reddit or Imgur where people actually play to the audience, trying to earn "charms"...pandering for reputation, basically. 

9 minutes ago, Useful Idiot said:

Interesting that you see it that way.   I've usually interpreted the "charm" systems such as that t be more of a "training tool" of sorts, used to groom desired behaviors.  aka be a good boy, and earn a lollipop.

What really grows annoying is some places like Reddit or Imgur where people actually play to the audience, trying to earn "charms"...pandering for reputation, basically. 

I'm too old and stubborn. I can't be groomed. I'm also not a fan of the mob mentality.  

Edited by Archie

57 minutes ago, Useful Idiot said:

Lzzy Hale på Twitter: "@TheJoeStorm I'm out! Good Night!  https://t.co/Y6EESjzhyK" / Twitter

https://www.houstonpress.com/news/four-houston-astros-among-thirty-most-hated-in-mlb-13478356

Baez is near the bottom of the “30 most hated players list” and the only current Tiger on the list which is culled from that arena of temperate rational discussion known as Twitter. As for former Tigers, Scherzer is way high on the list and Verlander included but way low. 
0BED2FB8-D20A-402B-9F5E-EA334FB1846D.thumb.png.7cfbfaff3eda29a6acc379f9730ab168.png

27 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

https://www.houstonpress.com/news/four-houston-astros-among-thirty-most-hated-in-mlb-13478356

Baez is near the bottom of the “30 most hated players list” and the only current Tiger on the list which is culled from that arena of temperate rational discussion known as Twitter. As for former Tigers, Scherzer is way high on the list and Verlander included but way low. 
0BED2FB8-D20A-402B-9F5E-EA334FB1846D.thumb.png.7cfbfaff3eda29a6acc379f9730ab168.png

Practically everyone on the list is a good player. So, it seems like showing up on the list is a good thing.  

4 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Practically everyone on the list is a good player. So, it seems like showing up on the list is a good thing.  

Yeah, I don't get the hatred for a lot of these guys.  Bauer and Donaldson of course but most of them seem pretty harmless.  Vladdy Jr?  Come on.