Javy Baez

UCFKNIGHT

7 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Trying to project a World Series winner is a random exercise.  Trying to project over a full season also involves some luck but  has more certainty.  

Ahhh,...I see.  So then sabermetrics is a more reliable tool for predicting outcomes that cannot be immediately  verified?   😃

6 hours ago, Useful Idiot said:

Ahhh,...I see.  So then sabermetrics is a more reliable tool for predicting outcomes that cannot be immediately  verified?   😃

Actually yes.  That is how it works.  If the Tigers play the Blue Jays 162 times, you can predict with a great deal of certainty that the Blue Jays will win more games than the Tigers.  If it's a three game series, the Tigers would have a decent chance to win the series. 

9 hours ago, Useful Idiot said:

Oh noes, that sounds just awful!! What'll I do? 😂

Does this mean if he still suxx at the end of this season you all will bow to my prescience??

I doubt there will be much occasion to get all backslappy this season, anyway.

lol suxx

20 hours ago, mtutiger said:

So what? He's a member of the 2022 Detroit Tigers and is absolutely a contributor to the short term success formula of this ballclub and he has been terrible on that front. And very few seem to notice (props to @kdog for staying on message there). And his lack of success at the plate definitely impacts his possibility of contributing to the long term success formula by not looking attractive to potential suiters at the trade deadline.... they'd be lucky to get a bag of stale sunflower seeds for him at this point lol

So yeah, maybe he doesn't have a long term deal, but he somehow elides any scrutiny and it's really strange.

You won me over. If you really believe that Grossman's performance merits a thread of it's own, then I completely  believe there is no good reason why you shouldn't start one.   However, you'll have to come up with a catchy nickname of your own, because I'm reserving "Neifi" for Mr Baez

27 minutes ago, Useful Idiot said:

You won me over. If you really believe that Grossman's performance merits a thread of it's own, then I completely  believe there is no good reason why you shouldn't start one.   However, you'll have to come up with a catchy nickname of your own, because I'm reserving "Neifi" for Mr Baez

Does it have to be a former Cub, or can it be any weak hitting outfielder?  Or does it have to be a former team that Grossman played for, like an ex-Twin or ex-Athletic?  Let me just throw out Jacque Jones to cover all my bases.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chasfh said:

lol suxx

I don't recall the statistics police going spazo  back when people started calling Avisail Garcia "little Miggy", despite a raft of differences in their records. So I'm consequently inclined to interpret all the excitement I've generated in christening "Neifi" Baez ®️ , as  a compliment.

26 minutes ago, bobrob2004 said:

Does it have to be a former Cub, or can it be any weak hitting outfielder?  Or does it have to be a former team that Grossman played for, like an ex-Twin or ex-Athletic?  Let me just throw out Jacque Jones to cover all my bases.  

Joe Nathan?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Useful Idiot said:

Your name is Neifi, isn't it?

OK, so whenever I refer to you specifically, it will be as "Used Up By Neifi".

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Your name is Neifi, isn't it?

OK, so whenever I refer to you specifically, it will be as "Used Up By Neifi".

Those who can....do

Those who can't....teach

Nice to see how I still own you, 84...been like 12 years running now.

Edited by Useful Idiot

2 hours ago, Useful Idiot said:

I don't recall the statistics police going spazo  back when people started calling Avisail Garcia "little Miggy", despite a raft of differences in their records. So I'm consequently inclined to interpret all the excitement I've generated in christening "Neifi" Baez ®️ , as  a compliment.

Honestly, I never understood the comparison between Miggy and Garcia.  I'm honestly surprised that Garcia has been as productive as he has in his career.  I thought he would be out of baseball altogether by now.  He always seemed like a Brennan Boesch type of guy to me.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, bobrob2004 said:

Honestly, I never understood the comparison between Miggy and Garcia.  I'm honestly surprised that Garcia has been as productive as he has in his career.  I thought he would be out of baseball altogether by now.  He always seemed like a Brennan Boesch type of guy to me.

I don't disagree with anything you say......although I'll qualify that by saying I don't begrudge any player an opportunity to reach their full potential...so "more power to Avisail" etc etc.

But to my point,  where were the obergruppen statenazi-fuhrers when everyone was calling Avisail little Miggy?

These guys here are self-deluding in thinking they are somehow"schooling" me that there are documented differences between Baez and Perez.  Excuse me for disregarding the differences when the similarities are  the rage of the midway....

Where were they when the "little miggy" comps were floating around?  Perhaps I get the attention because I "matter" ? 😇

I be special thata ways....

Edited by Useful Idiot

35 minutes ago, bobrob2004 said:

I think it was based on body type and facial resemblance.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Useful Idiot said:

I don't disagree with anything you say......although I'll qualify that by saying I don't begrudge any player an opportunity to reach their full potential...so "more power to Avisail" etc etc.

But to my point,  where were the obergruppen statenazi-fuhrers when everyone was calling Avisail little Miggy?

These guys here are self-deluding in thinking they are somehow"schooling" me that there are documented differences between Baez and Perez.  Excuse me for disregarding the differences when the similarities are  the rage of the midway....

Where were they when the "little miggy" comps were floating around?  Perhaps I get the attention because I "matter" ? 😇

I be special thata ways....

It's so unfair!

• Like 1

Yeah I thought the Mini MIggy thing was strictly looks wise and how Miggy took him under his wing and had nothing to do with actual skill.  When Garcia first got called up he was basically attached at Miggy's hip when they weren't on the field. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

Does Baez like playing in Detroit? I just hope Baez doesn’t become a malcontent much like David price. David Price never wanted to leave the Tampa Bay Rays, and I believe he hated every second in Detroit. Price also hated playing in Boston. Price confronted Dennis Eckersley, on the team plane, after a Red Sox loss.