6/2 1:10 Twins @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

1 hour ago, Nerb said:

we'll be getting E-Rod back within the next 7-10 days

edit: oops, I see I was beaten to this 

edit 2: shouldn't we also be getting Pineda back by late June/early July? Just gotta hang in there a little longer

There's a lot of reason for skepticism on the pitching side, particularly with the starters, as to whether they can hold up for another month. But the path is there, particularly if they can get their act together offensively. Schoop and Tork playing better is a positive sign on that front, along with Meadows and Greene maybe joining the fray soon.

The fact that they lost 4 of 5 to Oakland at home really stings right now... if they won 3 of 5, they'd only be six back. And perceptions of their situation would likely be much different.

Edited by mtutiger

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

There's a lot of reason for skepticism on the pitching side, particularly with the starters, as to whether they can hold up for another month. But the path is there, particularly if they can get their act together offensively. Schoop and Tork playing better is a positive sign on that front, along with Meadows and Greene maybe joining the fray soon.

The fact that they lost 4 of 5 to Oakland at home really stings right now... if they won 3 of 5, they'd only be six back.

part of the reason the pitching is better is that Schoop is at 2nd and Baez at short. I hope Hinch doesn't lose sight of that. Harold's bat is a pleasant surprise, but I still don't want to see much of him at SS, a nice play today notwithstanding.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

part of the reason the pitching is better is that Schoop is at 2nd and Baez at short. I hope Hinch doesn't lose sight of that. Harold's bat is a pleasant surprise, but I still don't want to see much of him at SS, a nice play today notwithstanding.

AJ would be making a baller move to bench Baez until he demonstrates some plate discipline.

5 minutes ago, romad1 said:

AJ would be making a baller move to bench Baez until he demonstrates some plate discipline.

Baez is striking out at the 2nd lowest rate of his career. His biggest  problem isn't that he is swinging at more pitches than usual, it's that's he not hitting them hard.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

Since starting 10-23, they have gone 11-7, a 99 win pace....

....if they keep up this pace, they would finish with 89 wins....

....and this 11-7 stretch has been with like a dozen players injured.

I think right now the over/under is about 80 wins.

If they get really healthy and stay there, I think it goes up to 85 wins.

If they continue to get hammered by injuries, the over/under could be more like 70, or worse.

Taking 4 of 5 games against the best team in the division is really cool even if it is at home. I wouldn’t want to read too much into it. But it’s something to savor. Maybe even our guys will be able to reach the fences at Death Star Stadium in the Bronx, dead ball or not. 

I can see it now.............Friday June 10th Tigers hosting Toronto

H Castro, rf  - Keep him in until he cools off
Meadows, lf - Here comes the power !
Schoop, 2b - He finally came out of the coma
Cabrera, dh - It's like an obligation at this point
Baez, ss  - As some point hitting gets contagious, right? 
Torkelson, 1b - He'll be up to .220 by then
Greene, cf - Major League Debut !
Candelario, 3b  - If he gonna hit like an 8, he's gonna hit 8
Barnhart, c - Don't care about his hitting.  

Willi, Reyes, Haase and Hill on the bench

At this point I don't really care if Grossman comes back.  

44 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

If you hurt yourself scoring on a home run after you have walked you should just go ahead and file your retirement papers....🤣

Considering folks online were speculating about the possibility of Meadows actually having to retire as little as a week ago, I feel like we are going to be on pins and needles for a little bit with this guy

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I can see it now.............Friday June 10th Tigers hosting Toronto

H Castro, rf  - Keep him in until he cools off
Meadows, lf - Here comes the power !
Schoop, 2b - He finally came out of the coma
Cabrera, dh - It's like an obligation at this point
Baez, ss  - As some point hitting gets contagious, right? 
Torkelson, 1b - He'll be up to .220 by then
Greene, cf - Major League Debut !
Candelario, 3b  - If he gonna hit like an 8, he's gonna hit 8
Barnhart, c - Don't care about his hitting.  

Willi, Reyes, Haase and Hill on the bench

At this point I don't really care if Grossman comes back.  

I could live with that

4 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Baez is striking out at the 2nd lowest rate of his career. His biggest  problem isn't that he is swinging at more pitches than usual, it's that's he not hitting them hard.

That's makes me wonder if his hand is not 100%