2022 NCAA Football Thread

17 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

By the way............Major Kudos to Eastern Michigan for going out to the desert and beating Arizona State by a two-score margin.     Chris Creighton is a hell of a coach.   If you take out his first two years (when it was still mostly yRon English recruits, he's 36-37.   To be .500 at one of the toughest schools to coach, is quite an accomplishment (your region is dominated by a much bigger school, you don't get your pocket of followers).     

Nebraska would be smart to at least interview him.  I think he'd make them better.   If he can do it at Eastern............

kansas' head coach should be nebraska's next head coach.

you want to talk about a place that's impossible to win at?  kansas.

15 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Call it a lack of balls, but Michigan is in a better position heading into Week 4 to make the CFP than Sparty is.

it's a stupid system but when so much money is on the line it's hard to blame a coach for playing it as it lies. As long as there as schmucks out there willing to pony up for seat licenses for 'event's like yesterdays......🤷‍♀️

Then again, CF fans will pony up to go watch a practice, so.....

Edited by gehringer_2

On 9/18/2022 at 12:39 PM, buddha said:

kansas' head coach should be nebraska's next head coach.

you want to talk about a place that's impossible to win at?  kansas.

The guy has done a great job, why would you want to bury him in Nebraska.     He could be in the mix for the soon-to-be open Auburn job  (I think Matt Rhule ends up there).

Likely AP rankings as of 9/25/22

1 - Georgia - 
2 - Alabama - Tried running up the score to leapfrog Georgia who had a bad week
3 - Ohio State - Beat up on a B10 team, not impressive
4 - Michigan - Sure didn't look like a #4
5 - Clemson - I could see them leapfrogging Michigan
6 - USC +1   
7 - Kentucky +1   here they are again, trying to be an elite
8 - Oklahoma State +1  
9 - Tennessee +1    Are they back? 
10 - NC State +2   The sleeper team in the country?
11 - Utah +2   Hey , Eastern beat ASU too
12 - Penn State +2  
13 - Oregon +2   Imprssive comeback win
14 - Oklahoma -8  - Knew they were a fake #6, like Michigan is a fake #4
15 - Arkansas  -5   - This is a tough break for them
16 - Ole MIss  -
17 - Baylor  -
18 - Washington -
19 - BYU   -
20 - Pitt  +4
21 - Texas A&M +2   Shouldn't have won and very overrated
22 - Florida  -2     
23 - Florida State +4   As soon as they break the Top 20 they'll slip again
24 - Wake Forest  -3   Another tough break
25 - Minnesota  +8   They dismantled Michigan State.  West should be theirs until they mess it up. 

Edited by Motor City Sonics

On 9/18/2022 at 11:21 AM, Motor City Sonics said:

By the way............Major Kudos to Eastern Michigan for going out to the desert and beating Arizona State by a two-score margin.     Chris Creighton is a hell of a coach.   If you take out his first two years (when it was still mostly yRon English recruits, he's 36-37.   To be .500 at one of the toughest schools to coach, is quite an accomplishment (your region is dominated by a much bigger school, you don't get your pocket of followers).     

Nebraska would be smart to at least interview him.  I think he'd make them better.   If he can do it at Eastern............

they just lost to a winless buffalo team and gave up 50 in the process.

so he'd fit right in at nebraska.

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Likely AP rankings as of 9/25/22

1 - Georgia - 
2 - Alabama - Tried running up the score to leapfrog Georgia who had a bad week
3 - Ohio State - Beat up on a B10 team, not impressive
4 - Michigan - Sure didn't look like a #4
5 - Clemson - I could see them leapfrogging Michigan
6 - USC +1   
7 - Kentucky +1   here they are again, trying to be an elite
8 - Oklahoma State +1  
9 - Tennessee +1    Are they back? 
10 - NC State +2   The sleeper team in the country?
11 - Utah +2   Hey , Eastern beat ASU too
12 - Penn State +2  
13 - Oregon +2   Imprssive comeback win
14 - Oklahoma -8  - Knew they were a fake #6, like Michigan is a fake #4
15 - Arkansas  -5   - This is a tough break for them
16 - Ole MIss  -
17 - Baylor  -
18 - Washington -
19 - BYU   -
20 - Pitt  +4
21 - Texas A&M +2   Shouldn't have won and very overrated
22 - Florida  -2     
23 - Florida State +4   As soon as they break the Top 20 they'll slip again
24 - Wake Forest  -3   Another tough break
25 - Minnesota  +8   They dismantled Michigan State.  West should be theirs until they mess it up. 

if michigan is a fake #4, who should be there?

usc?  just beat mighty oregon state by 3 points.

clemson?  gave up 45 to wake forest.  have beaten mighty furman and la tech and ga tech so far.  

kentucky?  just beat mighty northern illinois by 7.  at home.  if michigan did that you'd be calling them frauds.

ok state?  beat az state, cmu, and arkansas flipping pine bluff.  that's on par with michigan's creampuff schedule.

there is no "real #4."  there is alabama (who should have lost to texas who just lost to texas tech, btw), georgia (who didnt put away kent state this week), and ohio state (who almost lost to a bad notre dame team at home) and then everyone else.  just like last year.

the difference between last year and this year is that michigan has to play at ohio state and is likely to lose, opening up the playoff to ohio state.

you should watch some of these teams sometime.  😉 there isnt a world beater among them and the top 3 are in a league of their own talent-wise.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I don’t think Clemson should move up. Wake Forest is no better than Maryland, had just beaten Liberty by a single point the week before. USC did not impress either. 

the only team that had a victory last week that might be construed as "impressive" was tennessee, but even then, they couldnt put a flawed florida team away at home.

i think there's going to be a lot of different teams look like a "legit #4" team from week to week.

michigan has iowa on the road next week.  weird shit happens at iowa on the road and this iowa team has a good defense.  they could struggle.

36 minutes ago, buddha said:

if michigan is a fake #4, who should be there?

usc?  just beat mighty oregon state by 3 points.

clemson?  gave up 45 to wake forest.  have beaten mighty furman and la tech and ga tech so far.  

kentucky?  just beat mighty northern illinois by 7.  at home.  if michigan did that you'd be calling them frauds.

ok state?  beat az state, cmu, and arkansas flipping pine bluff.  that's on par with michigan's creampuff schedule.

there is no "real #4."  there is alabama (who should have lost to texas who just lost to texas tech, btw), georgia (who didnt put away kent state this week), and ohio state (who almost lost to a bad notre dame team at home) and then everyone else.  just like last year.

the difference between last year and this year is that michigan has to play at ohio state and is likely to lose, opening up the playoff to ohio state.

you should watch some of these teams sometime.  😉 there isnt a world beater among them and the top 3 are in a league of their own talent-wise.

Maybe the AP should just assign "Vacated" to spots 3 and 4?

38 minutes ago, buddha said:

the only team that had a victory last week that might be construed as "impressive" was tennessee, but even then, they couldnt put a flawed florida team away at home.

i think there's going to be a lot of different teams look like a "legit #4" team from week to week.

michigan has iowa on the road next week.  weird shit happens at iowa on the road and this iowa team has a good defense.  they could struggle.

Its not a night game, so not as treacherous.  Those night games in the corn fields seem to be the the scariest.

JJ needs to be MUCH better next week.  Iowa is terrible, but their defense is good.   I think that game will be a strong indicator at how bad the West really is. 

By saying "Fake #4", I don't know who would replace them, but they just don't feel that strong.   If they didn't have preseason rankings and they started with rankings now, I think NC State could be as high as #4.    I just think that Michigan really didn't prepare itself for the real season and it showed yesterday.      Thank goodness for Blake Corum.     I think Cade would have been a lot better.  McCarthy just looked rushed and uneasy.    Hey, we got a Big Ten championship last year, I wasn't expecting back-to-back.  

9 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

JJ needs to be MUCH better next week.  Iowa is terrible, but their defense is good.   I think that game will be a strong indicator at how bad the West really is. 

By saying "Fake #4", I don't know who would replace them, but they just don't feel that strong.   If they didn't have preseason rankings and they started with rankings now, I think NC State could be as high as #4.    I just think that Michigan really didn't prepare itself for the real season and it showed yesterday.      Thank goodness for Blake Corum.     I think Cade would have been a lot better.  McCarthy just looked rushed and uneasy.    Hey, we got a Big Ten championship last year, I wasn't expecting back-to-back.  

case was awful against hawaii and uconn but you think he'd be better against a real team?

why?