2022 NCAA Football Thread

56 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Scott Frost might not even make the Oklahoma game next week.  Losing to Georgia Southern in the 3rd Quarter

his buyout drops considerably in october.  there is no way he's fired before then.

i thought scott frost to nebraska was a slam dunk and that nebraska would totally be back in the game.  he was young and very successful at ucf.  

but man, what a waste.  i am stunned at how bad nebraska has been since he came on board.

1 minute ago, buddha said:

his buyout drops considerably in october.  there is no way he's fired before then.

i thought scott frost to nebraska was a slam dunk and that nebraska would totally be back in the game.  he was young and very successful at ucf.  

but man, what a waste.  i am stunned at how bad nebraska has been since he came on board.

They are driving down 38-35......but if they score there will be about 3 1/2 to 4 minutes left and we all know what happens to Nebraska at the end of close games under Frosty.  

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

They are driving down 38-35......but if they score there will be about 3 1/2 to 4 minutes left and we all know what happens to Nebraska at the end of close games under Frosty.  

i was in a nebraska bar here in chicago about 15 years ago.  i was trying to play nice and joking about 97 and all that.  they were VERY serious about how great nebraska was and how they would have detroyed michigan and how much the big ten sucks, yadda yadda yadda.

i would love to meet those yahoos again now and see what they thinkm

iow, fuck nebraska.

Totally insignificant game that wasn't on anybody's radar other than the fanbases of both teams but something interesting happened in the Kansas West Virginia game today and that was despite the game going to OT Kansas won by 13 points something that I imagine hadn't happened very often.  Here's the reason why.

38 minutes ago, casimir said:

Can't wait to see how.

Iowa looks putrid.  14 total points vs. Iowa State (down year) and ND State.  Last week was the only time in my 57+ years that I saw a team score 7 without scoring a TD. 

Purdue is Purdue and their coach absolutely blew the Penn State game.  if their coach hadn't brain-farted, they might be the favorite in the B1G West.  

Northwestern is bad this year, can thank Scott Frost for their one win.  

Illinois is absolutely better and I really am interested to see them take on a team from their own division, they could be the sleeper to get destroyed in Indy. 

Nebraska............well to quote Little Bill Daggett  in Unforgiven, "Hell, even I though I was dead, til I found out I was just in Nebraska"

Minnesota........it's seemingly theirs for the taking but they always find a way to blow it and to quote the great 21st Century philosopher Casimir "Can't wait to see how"

Wisconsin. - An embarrassing loss to Washington State at home, but you know what?  That loss really doesn't matter.  Wisconsin really had zero expectation of going to the playoff this year and this will not hurt them in the B1G West standings.  I think they will be the 3-loss team from the West to go to Indy and get destroyed. 

My B1G Power Rankings today

1 - Minnesota
2 - Illinois
3 - Purdue
4 - Wisconsin
5 - Iowa  (defense is good)
6 - Northwestern 
7 - Nebraska

How I think they finish
1 - Wisconsin
2 - Minnesota
3 - Illinois
4 - Iowa
5 - Purdue
6 - Northwestern
7 - Nebraska

Edited by Motor City Sonics

46 minutes ago, buddha said:

u$c is going to win the big ten west every single year.

There are going be a fun team to watch this year. Caleb Williams is lethal with these weapons and will be in the Heisman race.    The defense is not good which is going to make for some crazy shootouts and help to keep Caleb heaving the ball late into games. 

13 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

There are going be a fun team to watch this year. Caleb Williams is lethal with these weapons and will be in the Heisman race.    The defense is not good which is going to make for some crazy shootouts and help to keep Caleb heaving the ball late into games. 

they have one tough game on their schedule.  dark horse playoff pick.

Pac 12 changed its championship game to top 2 teams regardless of division.  USC could have to play Utah twice.   I also figure that ND and UCLA will both have things figured out by the end of the season.   Don’t sleep on the trip to Oregon St. in 2 weeks.  They are sneaky good.