2022 NCAA Football Thread

49 minutes ago, buddha said:

as long as that better talent doesnt win by more than 17 points!

which is didnt.

4-4.  drinks are on me!

I was wondering if OSU could sneak in another TD late.  Miyan Williams would’ve been the only shot.  They maybe should’ve gotten him going a little earlier.

I’ll take an Abita Purple Haze.  I haven’t had one of those in a while.

Edited by casimir
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Big Ten is 10-0 now in non-conference games. Doesn't say much given the average level of competition in those games, but still much better than the Pac-12's showing thus far. The SEC is 14-0, naturally.

Oregon State is up by 17 over Boise State.  Looks like they’re renovating the stadium in Corvallis.

You see it every year where there is a team(s) that isn't nearly as good as their preseason ranking so perhaps one of those teams this year is Oregon but if they really are as good as their ranking then damn UGA might end up being even better this year. It's like they just reloaded their drafted players while benefiting from Benson improving at QB.  

10 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

You see it every year where there is a team(s) that isn't nearly as good as their preseason ranking so perhaps one of those teams this year is Oregon but if they really are as good as their ranking then damn UGA might end up being even better this year. It's like they just reloaded their drafted players while benefiting from Benson improving at QB.  

Oregon may very well be the best team in the PAC, but that game just goes to show the massive talent disparity between conferences at this point.

I don't see any reason why Georgia doesn't return to the playoff though. Florida, Kentucky, and presumably the SEC Championship are all that's left for them in terms of tests. Win 2/3 and you're in.

34 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Oregon may very well be the best team in the PAC, but that game just goes to show the massive talent disparity between conferences at this point.

I don't see any reason why Georgia doesn't return to the playoff though. Florida, Kentucky, and presumably the SEC Championship are all that's left for them in terms of tests. Win 2/3 and you're in.

It’s never good to get blown out but at least it happened in the 1st game on the road to a top 3 team.    Oregon will now have to run the table to make the playoff but they aren’t dead yet.    Everything is new with them and it’s going to take time to get their offense in order.    They have a ranked BYU coming to Eugene in 2 weeks.  

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

Damn, I hate the bastards but OSU WR talent is fantastic.

The talent might be there, but I didn't think it was all that impressive last night.  I don't know, I'm not a leatherhead with Xs and Os, but either Notre Dame had a helluva game plan with keeping everything in front of them on defense and not allowing any long gains and/or the OSU offense was just not clicking.  Maybe it was just a matter of getting into game speed or lining up against another team or something like that.  It just took them a while to get things going.

As it was, I'll take the W and buddha bought drinks.  Yesterday, it was a good day.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, casimir said:

The talent might be there, but I didn't think it was all that impressive last night.  I don't know, I'm not a leatherhead with Xs and Os, but either Notre Dame had a helluva game plan with keeping everything in front of them on defense and not allowing any long gains and/or the OSU offense was just not clicking.  Maybe it was just a matter of getting into game speed or lining up against another team or something like that.  It just took them a while to get things going.

As it was, I'll take the W and buddha bought drinks.  Yesterday, it was a good day.

I was thinking of the multiple high end catches on the sideline to bail out the qb 

15 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I was thinking of the multiple high end catches on the sideline to bail out the qb 

There were a few of those, including one by backup RB Miyan Williams.  He has some beast in him, watching him was fun.  He may not have the elusiveness or break away speed, but he was tough to bring down without a fight.

Anybody see how pathetic the reigning B1G West champs Iowa and particularly their offense looked yesterday against *checks notes* South Dakota State University? They finished with a total of 160 yards of offense, punted 10 times and their QB had a QBR of 1.1. They ended up winning 7-3 not thanks to a TD but 2 safeties and a FG, insanely bad offense. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Anybody see how pathetic the reigning B1G West champs Iowa and particularly their offense looked yesterday against *checks notes* South Dakota State University? They finished with a total of 160 yards of offense, punted 10 times and their QB had a QBR of 1.1. They ended up winning 7-3 not thanks to a TD but 2 safeties and a FG, insanely bad offense. 

I watched the lowlights of this one earlier today. That was what I would expect from a Rutgers game, not Iowa. If they're as bad as they looked, Michigan may walk into their game against Penn State at 6-0 without breaking a sweat.

Just now, Deleterious said:

FSU is up 7 on the LSU 1 yard line with 1:20 left and they fumble.  LSU drives 99 yards in 1:20 and scores with 0:00 on the clock...and FSU blocks the XP to win by 1.

I thought it was crazy that after that long delay to see whether or not the LSU player was inbounds,  after the decision FSU calls timeout anyways. 

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

The fact he was allowed to continue coaching after that will never cease to astonish me.

No it's not.  Look at how many scumbags there are in LEADERSHIP positions.   Including our own school  Bo knew a predator was around and not only did nothing, but used the leverage to get him to do whatever he wanted.