2022 NCAA Football Thread

So based on last year's final ranking before the bowls, the 12 team playoff would have been.........

(12) Ptt @ (5) Notre Dame

(11) Utah @ (6) Ohio State

(10) Michigan State @ (7) Baylor

(9) Ok State @ (8) Ole Miss

Second Round

vs. (1) Alabama

vs. (2) Michigan

vs. (3)  Georgia

vs.  (4) Cincinnati

Do they re-seed in the second round ?   

If they re-seeded it could have been  Pitt over Notre Dame,  Ohio State over Utah,  Michigan State over Baylor and Ole Miss over OK State that would have meant

(12) Pitt vs. (1) Alabama

(10) Michigan State vs. (2) Michigan.............could you imagine? 

(9) Ole Miss vs. Georgia

(6) Ohio State vs. (4) Cincinnati

Wow, what a weekend that could have been. 

I still think there should be a 4 or 8 team playoff for the Group of Five teams that don't make the playoffs.

33 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Gotta admit I'm shocked ND is not only in this game at halftime but actually winning it. I thought for sure that they were going to do what they seemingly always do when the play a high profile game against a really good team and that's get steamrolled. 

ryan day is not a good coach.

like harbaugh said, some guys are born on third base and think they hit a triple.  ohio state is soft and have no plan b.  day is out of his league.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, buddha said:

ryan day is not a good coach.

like harbaugh said, some guys are born on third base and think they hit a triple.  ohio state is soft and have no plan b.  day is out of his league.

100%

He inherited not only a team, but a college football system, such that he couldn’t *not* succeed. An Ohio State team with no head coach could have done what he’s done the last two years. Here’s hoping it finally catches up to him.

Watched some of the Florida/Utah game and what I watched I came away impressed with Anthony Richardson.  Obviously has plenty of mobility but he also made some NFL type throws standing in the pocket and on the move. I hope he ends up being legit cause that could be another QB that the Lions may have a shot at.