2022 NCAA Football Thread

massive loss.

he's ruined all the momentum from last year by sticking to his high minded holier than thou nil stance.

if they keep this up, harbaugh hets fired in two years.

they missed on LLOYD CARR'S GRANDSON.

nil was a gift from the gods to a school like michigan that has more money and almuni than almost anyone else and they totally fucked it up.

good job guys.  

4 hours ago, buddha said:

massive loss.

he's ruined all the momentum from last year by sticking to his high minded holier than thou nil stance.

if they keep this up, harbaugh hets fired in two years.

they missed on LLOYD CARR'S GRANDSON.

nil was a gift from the gods to a school like michigan that has more money and almuni than almost anyone else and they totally fucked it up.

good job guys.  

Michigan is paralyzed until they have new leadership installed. Blame the regents for a search that has taken waaay too long. First rule of personnel, don’t dump the guy you got till you got a guy/gal you can get. 

2 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Live look-in at the University of Michigan Board of Regents:

image.png.8a622e41fe1a690c45b275764e0fc18f.png

I’m actually a part time grad student at UBC right now, where Ono is coming from. Many similarities between UBC and Michigan including size and reputation.  Not much of a football program here though!

Speaking to athletics, it seems like he's invested (despite the recent history at UBC). A school like Cincinnati doesn't become a powerhouse without a hefty amount of administrative backing. He was there until 2016, leaving a few months before they hired Fickell and really turned that ship around.

We'll see if he puts his money where his mouth is, but I think it's an encouraging sign for the Athletic Department.

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Speaking to athletics, it seems like he's invested (despite the recent history at UBC). A school like Cincinnati doesn't become a powerhouse without a hefty amount of administrative backing. He was there until 2016, leaving a few months before they hired Fickell and really turned that ship around.

We'll see if he puts his money where his mouth is, but I think it's an encouraging sign for the Athletic Department.

FWIW-He said more about sports in his intro remarks than Schlissel did in 8 yrs

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Their egos are getting in the way of their brains on this one, which is not surprising. Notre Dame will not be able to independently match what can ultimately be distributed in a mega-conference with 20-24 schools. Even if they can come close, they will eventually find doors being shut on them when it's no longer in USC, Ohio State, and Clemson's interests to schedule non-conference games against them.

Notre Dame has Marshall, Cal, Stanford, UNLV, Clemson, and Boston College as their home NBC games in 2022. NBC is also carrying the BYU game, which is being hosted at a neutral site in Vegas.

Only one - maybe two - of those games even deserves national broadcasting. Marshall may well get kicked to Peacock as it is. But yes, tell me more about how that somehow warrants a tripling in payout to over 10MM a game just to Notre Dame LOL

Let's "shoulder" UNLV/Notre Dame with a good barnburner like Kansas/Baylor or TCU/Kansas State though... that'll make up the difference. 

Edited by MichiganCardinal

6 hours ago, buddha said:

they'll still make less money than if they joined the big ten.

seriously notre dame...enough already.

No, Notre Dame will refuse just to avoid admitting they were wrong.  Let 'em rot.     Besides, I think there is a decent chance that we end up with a 24-team Big Ten with Stanford and Cal as part of the Western Division.    

I'll quote Bo on this one

"To Hell with Notre Dame"

Rick Riley wrote a column about the USC-UCLA move to the B10 that quoted USA today as claiming the UCLA Athletic Dept was $100M/yr in the red and will immediately improve that by $60M per year by moving to the B10. He also predicts a 20 team B10/20 team SEC super league with everyone else left out.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/07/18/ucla-usc-college-football-lunacy/

Edited by gehringer_2

8 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Rick Riley wrote a column about the USC-UCLA move to the B10 that quoted USA today as claiming the UCLA Athletic Dept was $100M/yr in the red and will immediately improve that by $60M per year by moving to the B10. He also predicts a 20 team B10/20 team SEC super league with everyone else left out.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/07/18/ucla-usc-college-football-lunacy/

i used to think that was the obvious place this would all end, but now that a know nothing like rick reilly says it i am having second thoughts.

8 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

There’s been some political saber rattling in California that UCLA made this move without consulting the politicians that think they run the state universities.   Even some talk, they may try to fight UCLA from making the move but end of the day they have no other method to make up this huge budget deficit.  If anything the pols will try to use UCLA as leverage to take Cal along so Berkeley pay off the bill for the huge renovations to a stadium that nobody still goes to.  

Edited by Hongbit

4 minutes ago, casimir said:

Well, I guess I can agree with him on some things.

Seriously, they've  had chance after chance after chance to be part of this.   They make perfect sense geographically.  They make perfect sense academically,  They make perfect sense rivalry-wise.     But no, they're soooooooooooo special.   Well fine, go be special somewhere else.         

Oh, and I know he's gone (and he'll bomb at LSU), but Brian Kelly killed a kid.      Have fun playing whomever you're playing.  

UCLA, USC, Stanford, Cal, Washington, Utah, Oregon and probably a team or two from Texas are coming

Big Ten East
Maryland-Rutgers-Penn State-Pitt-Ohio State-Michigan-Michigan State-Indiana-Purdue-Wisconsin-Northwestern-Illinois

Big Ten West

USC-UCLA-Oregon-Washington-Utah-Stanford-Cal-Texas Tech-Baylor-Iowa-Nebraska-Minnesota

Something like that.