2022 NCAA Football Thread

14 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

The shady stuff that was the accepted norm at Michigan just didn’t fly at an above board program like Miami.  🧌 

gattis has always been super ethical.  he had to leave michigan and now miami because he would not stand for their shenanigans.

• 4 weeks later...

It appears the remaining Pac-12 presidents have approved SMU and San Diego State for admission.    They are also rumored to be interested in UNLV and Tulane to take the conference to 14.    

Not an ideal moves but they had to do something.    Still looks like the bottom rung of the major conferences but maybe Oregon and Washington and Coach Prime can carry them:  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, buddha said:

need jadyn davis to commit.

and stick.

Definitely, and yeah with the way guys flip nowadays it's hard for me to get too excited about early commits until they actually sign the dotted line and then of course you still have to keep them from transferring while they are here. But nonetheless it's nice to see Michigan getting off to a better start recruiting this year than last, they're currently 5th overall in 247 rankings. 

Something seems off with Jaydn Davis's recruiting and I cannot quite put my finger on it. I think he is one of those kids from down south that think it makes sense for his pro career to come up north to play but is looking for a reason to stay closer to home. I have a feeling he is going to choose Clemson at the end of the day. I do not think there is any way he goes to OSU, even though he included OSU in his final list. OSU doesn't even seem to be recruiting him anymore, they are going after Air Noland. I think at the end of the day it is going to be down to UM and Clemson. UM has the ace up their sleeve of saying "if you come here you will have the inside track to take over as leader of this program the moment JJ leaves" 

Will be interesting to follow. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, buddha said:

dylan raiola to georgia.  

georgia is the new alabama.  what a kick in the balls for nebraska.  they cant even pull an alum's kid anymore.

georgia outbid u$c, that doesnt happen very often.

So happy to lose this one.    Don’t need any part of these genes near the future of the program.  

realignment is coming again!  acc is imploding with the football schools ready to bolt.  this, however, makes no sense to me:

"The latest talk suggests FSU, Miami, and Notre Dame to the Big Ten; and Clemson, Virginia, UNC, and Duke to the SEC."

notre dame to the big ten is a no brainer, but unc, duke, and virginia to the jv academic league?  miami and fsu to the big boy academic conference?  hmmmm....i dont know.

notre dame, unc, duke, and virginia to the big ten and fsu, clemson, and miami to the sec makes more academic sense.

not that academic sense carries the day...but still...

31 minutes ago, buddha said:

realignment is coming again!  acc is imploding with the football schools ready to bolt.  this, however, makes no sense to me:

"The latest talk suggests FSU, Miami, and Notre Dame to the Big Ten; and Clemson, Virginia, UNC, and Duke to the SEC."

notre dame to the big ten is a no brainer, but unc, duke, and virginia to the jv academic league?  miami and fsu to the big boy academic conference?  hmmmm....i dont know.

notre dame, unc, duke, and virginia to the big ten and fsu, clemson, and miami to the sec makes more academic sense.

Yeah, I could see that happening exactly the opposite way. 

18 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I thought for sure he was going to Nebraska or USC to be with the QB whisperer Lincoln Riley, I evidently underestimated the money that Georgia could throw around though.

USC has its NIL game in top top shape at the moment.  Not sure that was it.    There really isn’t a path for Raiola to even compete to start as a Freshman at USC next year as that seat is taken by the top QB in this years class Malachi Nelson.   UGA presents a better option to possibly start next year. 

1 hour ago, buddha said:

I can't see UVa competing in the SEC at all in football unless some huge improvements are made. They might be able to hold their own in basketball and some of the minor sports (maybe baseball, lacrosse for sure)

I agree the Big 10+ makes more sense, They're probably on a better academic footing there. I think Bronco left the football cupboard bare when he left in 2021. I can't judge Elliott after last season (his first) they were struggling before they ended their season following the shooting. Whether it was the personnel or change in style, I don't know.   

11 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I can't see UVa competing in the SEC at all in football unless some huge improvements are made. They might be able to hold their own in basketball and some of the minor sports (maybe baseball, lacrosse for sure)

I agree the Big 10+ makes more sense, They're probably on a better academic footing there. I think Bronco left the football cupboard bare when he left in 2021. I can't judge Elliott after last season (his first) they were struggling before they ended their season following the shooting. Whether it was the personnel or change in style, I don't know.   

if youre virginia, you dont care about short term results.  what you care about is being in one of the two conferences and not getting left out like washington and oregon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As an ACC school, I'm really not sure where Va Tech fits. Possibly Big10 as well. They should play well with other former Agricultural/Tech Colleges. They're sports programs, have been mildly successful to a point. Right now struggling under new coaches. They still recruit well in state and with adjacent states, mostly as second or third choices however.

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

As an ACC school, I'm really not sure where Va Tech fits. Possibly Big10 as well. They should play well with other former Agricultural/Tech Colleges. They're sports programs, have been mildly successful to a point. Right now struggling under new coaches. They still recruit well in state and with adjacent states, mostly as second or third choices however.

va tech has zero pull.  theyre a nonentity.  they add no markets and would just be a suck on funds.  

they will be in the leftover division along with the remains of the acc/big 12/and pac 12.