2022 NCAA Football Thread

6 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

JSN declares for the draft and won’t play for OSU in CFP.   He said he tried many times to come back from injury this year but just couldn’t get healthy. 

He was reading this forum over the weekend:

On 12/3/2022 at 10:09 AM, casimir said:

At this point, does Smith-Njigba risk his draft stock with further injury?  Honestly, I don't know what his draft stock would be right now, so maybe he needs another season of play.

2 hours ago, Hongbit said:

This one is a big surprise.

sort of hard to figure how he'd get PO's with the coaching staff while he's hasn't been playing. Could be they either did or did not want him partipating in things that he either did or didn't want to. Or he was unsatisfied with the medical people, or a teammate - who knows?

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

sort of hard to figure how he'd get PO's with the coaching staff while he's hasn't been playing. Could be they either did or did not want him partipating in things that he either did or didn't want to. Or he was unsatisfied with the medical people, or a teammate - who knows?

I saw more than 100 portal declarations on Twitter today.  Only Erick All posted heat towards his former school.  Surprising coming from someone Harbaugh has praised so much in the past.  I thought he was one of Jimmy’s favorite players ever.   Very odd how it went down.  There must have been some behind the scenes stuff with his injury and rehab that caused beef.   

1 minute ago, Hongbit said:

I saw more than 100 portal declarations on Twitter today.  Only Erick All posted heat towards his former school.  Surprising coming from someone Harbaugh has praised so much in the past.  I thought he was one of Jimmy’s favorite players ever.   Very odd how it went down.  There must have been some behind the scenes stuff with his injury and rehab that caused beef.   

I wondered that too.  Maybe upset nobody visited him in the hospital? IDK.  I wondered if it was about McNamara & he didn't feel Cade got a fair shake.  If so, then Erick All isn't what he appeared to be either, especially as a captain.

The 3 Heisman finalists are Caleb Williams, Stetson Bennett and Max Duggan.

Pretty sure that if Corum had been healthy and had OSU and Purdue games comparable to what Donovan Edwards had, he'd be not only a finalist but a possible winner, or at least a sure 2nd behind Caleb Williams.

EDIT: Stroud in there as well. So 4? I always thought it was 3, maybe I'm mistaken.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35191489/bennett-williams-duggan-stroud-named-finalists-heisman

Edited by lordstanley

7 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

The 3 Heisman finalists are Caleb Williams, Stetson Bennett and Max Duggan.

Pretty sure that if Corum had been healthy and had OSU and Purdue games comparable to what Donovan Edwards had, he'd be not only a finalist but a possible winner, or at least a sure 2nd behind Caleb Williams.

EDIT: Stroud in there as well. So 4? I always thought it was 3, maybe I'm mistaken.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35191489/bennett-williams-duggan-stroud-named-finalists-heisman

I think Corum would have won if he had Edwards' performances against Ohio State and Purdue, especially in light of Williams' performance against Utah (although injured).

13 minutes ago, buddha said:

the line on a michigan-ohio state rematch in the final is ohio state -3.

Not that any of us can move the needle, but it seems like the more a rematch is talked about, the more likely the college football flying spaghetti monsters won't let it happen.

Edited by casimir

18 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

This includes 6 of the starting ACC QB’s and a whole bunch of Gators and Aggies.  

Somebody today needs to sit at a table with a Monday hat, a Tuesday, and a Wednesday hat, fumble through them and announce their portalship by putting on the Wednesday hat.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

This includes 6 of the starting ACC QB’s and a whole bunch of Gators and Aggies.  

per the guys in my office who follow all the recruiting drang and sturm, the Alabama portal moves and some of the more mature programs guys are examples of gray shirt guys who have been told they won't be getting playing time at big time program. 

11 minutes ago, romad1 said:

per the guys in my office who follow all the recruiting drang and sturm, the Alabama portal moves and some of the more mature programs guys are examples of gray shirt guys who have been told they won't be getting playing time at big time program. 

An article today from The Athletic on Alabama:

“Those scholarship departures have primarily come at two positions. Five were on the offensive line with Javion Cohen, Damieon George Jr., Tommy Brockermeyer, Amari Kight and Tanner Bowles all electing to enter the portal. Cohen was the only full-time starter from that group. Three more players moving on came from their wide receiver room: Traeshon Holden, JoJo Earle and Christian Leary.”

“If you watched Alabama this season, it was hard not to arrive at the conclusion that Nick Saban and his staff would be hitting the portal to upgrade at receiver. Their 2021 receiver class, signed to help replace NFL-bound stars DeVonta Smithand Jaylen Waddle, featured Ja’Corey Brooks, Agiye Hall, Earle and Leary. Brooks led the Tide in receiving this season, but he’s now the only one left.”

Edited by Hongbit

49 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

There needs to be a limit to the number of times a player can take advantage of the. Portal. J T Daniels is moving on to his fourth school. That should be a red flag to any reputable program about the player. His quest for a pro career will only net him a handful if jerseys 

11 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

There needs to be a limit to the number of times a player can take advantage of the. Portal. J T Daniels is moving on to his fourth school. That should be a red flag to any reputable program about the player. His quest for a pro career will only net him a handful if jerseys 

Crazy to think that in JT’s last year of high school, Amon-Ra St. Brown was his top WR.  

19 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Does there need to be a limit?  Just as you mentioned, red flags and reputable programs, maybe constantly looking to move is the limitation itself.

12 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Crazy to think that in JT’s last year of high school, Amon-Ra St. Brown was his top WR.  

I read somewhere on twitter that depending on if Daniels get granted an extra red shirt year and plays through all his eligibility there is a possibility that he could play CFB in 2018,2019,2020,2021,2022,2023 and 2024. Total Van Vilder. 

19 hours ago, casimir said:

Does there need to be a limit?  Just as you mentioned, red flags and reputable programs, maybe constantly looking to move is the limitation itself.

I wouldn't hire someone with this profile.  I don't think the resume makes it to my desk because he won't be in my organization more than a year and who wants to train him just to see him leave.   Now in some industries its normal for that sort of behavior, not in mine though.