2022 NCAA Football Thread

12 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

A TCU loss probably helps if you don't want a UM/OSU semifinal rematch. The Committee would be able to put OSU and TCU at 3 or 4 interchangeably with justification and they'd probably avoid the instant rematch no matter where Michigan and Georgia land.

i think a tcu loss puts a rematch in play.

tcu, michigan, and georgia win and its georgia v osu and michigan v tcu.

tcu loses and its georgia v tcu and michigan v ohio state.

it really shouldnt be.  usc should be in over osu.  its unfair that usc has to play an extra game against a top 10 team and osu doesnt.  usc should be in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, buddha said:

i think a tcu loss puts a rematch in play.

tcu, michigan, and georgia win and its georgia v osu and michigan v tcu.

tcu loses and its georgia v tcu and michigan v ohio state.

it really shouldnt be.  usc should be in over osu.  its unfair that usc has to play an extra game against a top 10 team and osu doesnt.  usc should be in.

I think a TCU loss lets the committee play with the seeding. If Michigan lands at #2, you can leave 12-1 TCU at #3 above 11-1 OSU under the justification that their loss came to a top ten team in an extra game at a neutral field, while Ohio State's came by 22 at home... or if Michigan lands at #1, you can put TCU at #4 and say that you think Ohio State's resume is better.

I don't think we will have a semifinal rematch unless their hand is forced. TCU win, UM win, and Georgia loss might do it if they don't have the courage to drop Georgia to #4 below Ohio State.

a reminder to michigan: any given saturday.

btw, rewatching that game, michigan is up 4 and osu has the ball at midfield.  they call a fake punt that likely would have worked.  that game was closer than the final score.  a few plays here and there and its a different game.

i dont want osu to have another chance until next year in ann arbor.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, buddha said:

btw, rewatching that game, michigan is up 4 and osu has the ball at midfield.  they call a fake punt that likely would have worked.  that game was closer than the final score.  a few plays here and there and its a different game.

If they get another shot, I want it to be for the National Championship. They'll likely get some players back for the semifinal, and I don't want them to have back-to-back games against Michigan having heard nothing for 5 weeks but how they got their asses kicked.

Just now, MichiganCardinal said:

If they get another shot, I want it to be for the National Championship. They'll likely get some players back for the semifinal, and I don't want them to have back-to-back games against Michigan having heard nothing for 5 weeks but how they got their asses kicked.

exactly.

3 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

14-10 Kansas State leads at the half. TCU is lucky it's only 4... TCU has lived off of the 4th quarter comeback, so I'm sure they're pretty confident with where they're at.

I'm not worried about TCU after watching this mess.

14 minutes ago, buddha said:

If Stroud had thrown a TD instead of an interception on 3rd and 10 in the red zone, it would have been a one-score game with 4 minutes to go. Michigan would have been getting the ball back but Ohio St still had all of its timeouts.