2022 NCAA Football Thread

i do not want an osu rematch.

osu's resume is weak af.  bama's isnt great but they lost close games to good teams on the road.  osu didnt "blow out" penn state.  they got a late turnover score to make a close game look like a beat down.  and i dont really rate penn state either.  who did penn state beat?  auburn?  lol.

usc is the team that got screwed because williams got hurt.  yeah, they gave up 40+ to utah with some late scores, but so did osu to michigan....AT HOME.  it is completely unfair that osu backed into this because usc was forced to play another game.  but that's the way it is.

bama has no shot at the top 4.  they lost twice and never looked good against multiple teams.  tcu played a tougher schedule (on paper) and looked better against texas than bama did.

I hate the argument that this dude on ESPN just said "If Bama was to face TCU who would you pick?" even if you choose Bama I don't think that matters or atleast history suggests that it doesn't matter. Most would've taken OSU or even ND in a game over Cincy last year for example yet that didn't matter. 

24 minutes ago, buddha said:

i do not want an osu rematch.

osu's resume is weak af.  bama's isnt great but they lost close games to good teams on the road.  osu didnt "blow out" penn state.  they got a late turnover score to make a close game look like a beat down.  and i dont really rate penn state either.  who did penn state beat?  auburn?  lol.

usc is the team that got screwed because williams got hurt.  yeah, they gave up 40+ to utah with some late scores, but so did osu to michigan....AT HOME.  it is completely unfair that osu backed into this because usc was forced to play another game.  but that's the way it is.

bama has no shot at the top 4.  they lost twice and never looked good against multiple teams.  tcu played a tougher schedule (on paper) and looked better against texas than bama did.

The problem with USC is the defense doesn’t pass the eye test.   The chair has mentioned this has been an issue with the committee in past Tuesday shows.   USC would statistically be the worst defense to ever make the playoffs if they got in as well as being the first 2 loss team.  Oh and let’s not leave out they play in the PAC-12.   Never going to happen.   They were unlucky Caleb got hurt but that’s life.  

Regarding OSU,  the committee doesn’t care about how close a win is against a top team.  They have talked about that before.  They view that PSU win as all positive and no mark down for Ohio.   

19 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I hate the argument that this dude on ESPN just said "If Bama was to face TCU who would you pick?" even if you choose Bama I don't think that matters or atleast history suggests that it doesn't matter. Most would've taken OSU or even ND in a game over Cincy last year for example yet that didn't matter. 

Agree.   The season has to count too. You can’t just start playing your best ball late and earn a spot because you are suddenly playing like a top 4 team.  

That is one of the nice things about a 12 team playoff though.  This exact situation could happen. 

Edited by Hongbit

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

The problem with USC is the defense doesn’t pass the eye test.   The chair has mentioned this has been an issue with the committee in past Tuesday shows.   USC would statistically be the worst defense to ever make the playoffs if they got in as well as being the first 2 loss team.  Oh and let’s not leave out they play in the PAC-12.   Never going to happen.   They were unlucky Caleb got hurt but that’s life.  

Regarding OSU,  the committee doesn’t care about how close a win is against a top team.  They have talked about that before.  They view that PSU win as all positive and no mark down for Ohio.   

i dont care what the committee thinks, i think theyre wrong.  lol.

fuck osu.  they had their shot and they blew it.

btw, if osu had beaten michigan and it were michigan trying to get in, i would definitely say usc, and maybe even bama should be ranked above them.  michigan's schedule left them no room for error.  fortunately for them, they didnt error.

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

What did he say? Anything meaningful? Couldn’t watch, on the way to Ford Field.

At first he just asked if the rematched played any possibility and the Chairmen gave the stock answer of no so Rece followed with something like "So you mean to tell me nobody in that room during the discussions brought up the fact that maybe we should avoid a rematch?" The guy again then repeated his same stock answer then finally he did the thing I said earlier that I hate and said  something like "So if OSU played TCU you don't think that they would be favored to win?"  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

At first he just asked if the rematched played any possibility and the Chairmen gave the stock answer of no so Rece followed with something like "So you mean to tell me nobody in that room during the discussions brought up the fact that maybe we should avoid a rematch?" The guy again then repeated his same stock answer then finally he did the thing I said earlier that I hate and said  something like "So if OSU played TCU you don't think that they would be favored to win?"  

Whatever. I think they were ranked fairly. Can’t complain if you’re Georgia or Michigan.

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Whatever. I think they were ranked fairly. Can’t complain if you’re Georgia or Michigan.

Yeah I agree. When asked why OSU and not Bama the Chairman brought up OSU's wins against PSU and ND as better than anything Bama did and he seemed to downplay OSU's loss to UM citing that it was only a 1 score game in the 4th so wasn't as bad as the final score indicated.  

9 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I give Ohio State a boxer’s chance against Georgia. They’re not as bad as Michigan made them look.

I think Michigan should handle TCU, but it will be in typical Michigan style, with TCU ahead at the half.

Georgia is way ahead of the field. I'm guessing they will be -110/-115 to win it all. Usually with four teams everyone has positive odds.

34 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

he seemed to downplay OSU's loss to UM citing that it was only a 1 score game in the 4th so wasn't as bad as the final score indicated.  

I agree with him there. It was a decisive win by Michigan on the road. But 22 points? I think that does overstate the margin between the two. Felt more like a 2-score game. Michigan was outplayed in the 1st half and trailed by a FG going into the break. Asserted control from the outset of the 3rd quarter and as the 2nd half went on. But when it was 38-23 and OSU got a 1st down in the red zone with around 5 minutes to go, it was a 2-score game, I expected it to end as a 1-score game and in fact if a supreme being at that point in time had offered me a 1-point win on a missed extra point conversion I would have taken it! Games that feel like 22-point wins are Georgia's wins this year over Oregon, Tennessee and LSU, Georgia's win last year over Michigan, and Michigan's wins this year over Penn State and Michigan State.

Edited by lordstanley

"coach prime" goes to colorado, meets with the team, and immediately tells them all he supports them and looks forward to making them better and helping them graduate and improve as men.

ha, just kidding.  he told them all to hit the transfer portal.

good job walking into that shit show, colorado.  

59 minutes ago, buddha said:

"coach prime" goes to colorado, meets with the team, and immediately tells them all he supports them and looks forward to making them better and helping them graduate and improve as men.

ha, just kidding.  he told them all to hit the transfer portal.

good job walking into that shit show, colorado.  

I read it more as a "you went 1-11 and if you aren't ready to change everything about what you have been doing, pack your bags".... which is at least kind of fair.... they did go 1-11 and were an overtime away from 0-12.

I'm curious to see how this experiment goes... I'll say 40% chance it ends in scandal and he's fired within 2-4 years, 30% chance he's moderately successful and jumps ship in 2-4 years to something better, 20% chance he's middling and overstays his welcome, jumping ship laterally in 2-4 years, 10% chance it's just an absolute disaster and he's out within a year or two. 0% chance he succeeds and stays at Colorado.

The Portal Is Open!   

Big QB names already in:

DJ Uiagalelei - Clemson

Drew Pyne - ND

Graham Mertz - Wisconsin

Devin Leary - NC State

Jeff Sims - Georgia Tech

Hudson Card - Texas

Kedon Slovis - Pitt

Others: 

Javion Cohen  - OL Alabama - Big get for whoever lands him.  

Edited by Hongbit

35 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

The Portal Is Open!   

Big QB names already in:

DJ Uiagalelei - Clemson

Drew Pyne - ND

Graham Mertz - Wisconsin

Devin Leary - NC State

Jeff Sims - Georgia Tech

Hudson Card - Texas

Kedon Slovis - Pitt

Others: 

Javion Cohen  - OL Alabama - Big get for whoever lands him.  

everyone from stanford...