2022 NCAA Football Thread

49 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

BYU took two planes to their bowl game.  One for the team and one for their wives.  I saw two different reports.  One said 25 players are married the other said 30.  Either way, that is 70-80 wives they had to bring.

Google BYU Soaking and Jump Humping. 

Edited by Hongbit

This is Peyton Bowen.  He is a 5* Safety from the Dallas area that had been a longtime ND verbal.    He pulled a new twist on the immature fake hat stunt by putting on the the ND hat only to psyche everyone out and then announce for Oregon.   He signed the LOI for Oregon right there on the podium but never sent it in.  Today he signed and sent in for Oklahoma.  

Edited by Hongbit

Update:  He posted an apology on his Twitter acknowledging his mistake and general douchery.    Internet rumors are he had second thoughts on Oregon and wanted to go back to ND but the Coach Freeman said no after watching him pull the hat stunt.  

Edited by Hongbit

32 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Update:  He posted an apology on his Twitter acknowledging his mistake and general douchery.    Internet rumors are he had second thoughts on Oregon and wanted to go back to ND but the Coach Freeman said no after watching him pull the hat stunt.  

This remind me of Tommy Boy’s first attempt at a sales pitch where he sets the guy’s model car on fire. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Whatever the over/under on how many of those words he actually wrote vs. people at OU wrote for him is… take the under. I’ve seen immature high school writing before, and that ain’t it.

On the bright side for him, general douchery will fit right in no matter which school he chose from those options!

I understand why kids are doing it, but its just tough to watch games with guys pulling themselves out for the draft.  There was a mid game interview with a couple of guys during a game yesterday, and I think the broadcast actually missed a play or two while the interview was going on.  I understand why they are doing it, and yes, its the same sort of deal as coaches moving on to other teams before bowl games.

9 minutes ago, casimir said:

I understand why kids are doing it, but its just tough to watch games with guys pulling themselves out for the draft.  There was a mid game interview with a couple of guys during a game yesterday, and I think the broadcast actually missed a play or two while the interview was going on.  I understand why they are doing it, and yes, its the same sort of deal as coaches moving on to other teams before bowl games.

The lower tier bowls have always lost seniors who were going pro - I can't really argue with that, it's the 1600 guys in the portal that really made a mockery of some of this year's bowls. I'm guessing they end up changing the portal access dates.