2022 NCAA Football Thread

29 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

depends on the surgery. Something teams now consider 'routine' like and ACL and his stock maybe doesn't drop much - as per Jameson Williams.

Jaymo was a top 10 pick before the injury. I’m not sure that Corum was ever a 1st round back.    NIL should keep many college stars that are not 1st or early 2nd round players in school.  They can make more in college now than as an NFL rookie.    

8 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Jaymo was a top 10 pick before the injury. I’m not sure that Corum was ever a 1st round back.    NIL should keep many college stars that are not 1st or early 2nd round players in school.  They can make more in college now than as an NFL rookie.    

exactly.  corum was a second or third round pick.

12 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Weird situation tomorrow for USC.  Win and they are in the playoff with a chance to make the natty.   Lose and they drop all the way down to the Alamo bowl most likely against Texas.    Talk about a shitty consolation prize.  

Then win the game.

14 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Weird situation tomorrow for USC.  Win and they are in the playoff with a chance to make the natty.   Lose and they drop all the way down to the Alamo bowl most likely against Texas.    Talk about a shitty consolation prize.  

Is this contractual? I have to imagine plenty of the NY6 games would be drooling over the proposition of getting USC. I would think even if USC loses and Utah does go to the Rose Bowl, the Cotton Bowl would take USC in a heartbeat as their at large team.

2 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Is this contractual? I have to imagine plenty of the NY6 games would be drooling over the proposition of getting USC. I would think even if USC loses and Utah does go to the Rose Bowl, the Cotton Bowl would take USC in a heartbeat as their at large team.

Tennessee would most likely be ranked higher and will definitely travel better. 

3 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

Tennessee would most likely be ranked higher and will definitely travel better. 

Now that I think about it, Tennessee would be in no matter what and it would come down to a choice of USC or Washington in the Cotton.    I think they would take Caleb and USC.  

• Like 1

I'm so tired of hearing the adage "it's hard to beat the same team twice"... I've heard it all week about UM/OSU and then all day about Utah/USC. It's not supported by fact.

In the category of stats no one asked for, here are the records in rematches for the teams that won the regular season matchup...

ACC Championship: 2-3

Big 12 Championship: 6-5

B1G Championship: 1-0

PAC12 Championship: 5-1

SEC Championship: 5-2

Playoff/Championship: 0-2

That's a total of 19-13 (59%) in favor of the team that won the first game. If anything, it's fair to say that championship games are generally tough to predict because they're played by two very good teams. Good teams are hard to beat once and hard to beat twice, I think it doesn't get substantially harder the second time around.

I still think USC will win this game, because I think they're the better team. I just hate that saying.

5 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Off topic from the game but I see the old 76 gas station as a sponsor on the field, I didn't even realize they were still a thing, perhaps there more popular in the west cause I can't remember the last time I saw one here in Michigan.

You made me look it up.  El Segundo brand formerly known as Unocal/Union Oil Company with some recent reintroduction of stations into the East Coast. 

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Off topic from the game but I see the old 76 gas station as a sponsor on the field, I didn't even realize they were still a thing, perhaps there more popular in the west cause I can't remember the last time I saw one here in Michigan.

They merged with Chevron in the early 2000s. Lots of "76" in the west and south... It's all branding nowadays, everything is owned by someone. Hell, 7/11 just recently bought out Speedway.