The 2022 Midterm Elections

chasfh

The local polls are looking for more volunteers.  I considered for a minute using a vacation day and doing that just to see how things go from the other side of the table.  And then I realized I hate people, and that's probably not the optimal day to meet & greet the more obnoxious folks that will feel the need to obnoxiously air their obnoxiousness.

20 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

I'm not shy.

At all.

Funny... but all the Trumpers around me... family, friends, co-workers... bite their tongues around me. I let them know in no uncertain terms how corrupt, moronic, fascist, lying-out-of-their-asses, Trump and his supporters are. And they know I will pull absolutely no punches whatsoever. I want it that way. I refuse to put up with lying BS. I refuse to put up with shitting all over my democracy or the Constitution of the United States.

And I'm not shy about that at all.

I'm dealing with a MAGA blowhard on the other side of a cubicle wall from me.  He got me all wrong when he found out I was a shooter.  My co-workers sorted that out for him.   I mention my wife is going downtown to go to work and he'll throw in a quip about needing a bullet proof vest.  I will pointedly ask him if he believes there is some reason why she would need to worry about crime during the day in a city.   Trying to get the "because of all the black people" truth to come out.

He tried to tell me about some story about a gun buyback program where some guy ripped off some city for a ton of money with fakes.  I asked him if he routinely cheers on tax cheats too. 

He claims he is a libertarian.  That's code for "white guy who works for the Federal Government who thinks wokeness is a huge problem"

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, chasfh said:

Good to see the liberal media tipping off the Republicans so they can pivot during the next three weeks.

this feels like the opposite of 2020 when dems thought they had it all locked up and the Qs voted on election day.  If this makes more people work harder then all to the good.  Despair serves nobody.

45 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

The site sites you to sift through and filter out early voting numbers by state. The numbers out of Georgia are incredibly encouraging. They are surpassing 2020 presidential year numbers.

https://targetearly.targetsmart.com/g2022?state=GA&view_type=state

Lots of African Americans have no more Fs to give with white race supremacy.

Please be accurate! These new numbers from two different Morning Consult polls are encouraging. Difference with these two polls and a lot of the other ones out there is the huge sample size. Now, if their sampling and modeling methods are off it won't matter if they surveyed 7, 700 or 7,000 people, that will skew the polling data. But still, you like to see these numbers if you are a Democrat with early voting starting and the election being in the home stretch.

Poll #1: Generic Congressional Ballot: Dems +3 with 7,800 likely voters polled

Poll #2: Generic Congressional Ballot: Dems +2 with 7,947 likely voters polled

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Last week there was a lot of GOP pollsters pumping out polls showing Republicans gaining and starting a narrative that republicans were closing. It really seemed suspicious to me that they all came out of the woodwork at once. 

I thought this exact same thing. You're seeing Trafalgar, Cygnal, Rasmussen (to an extent) and other various right-leaning pollsters flood the market with polls showing GOP closing in or pulling ahead in all sorts of races. You have to wonder if it is a purposeful tactic on the part of GOP and right-leaning pollsters to change the media narrative and sway things back towards the GOP. It almost seems like a coordinated political strategy and knowing how the right and GOP operates in this country, I wouldn't doubt that it is.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

If I hear of any of this in Michigan I'm going to go up there and sit next to them and just film them.

Or if they are near my drop box I will find the most offensive and disgusting music I can find and blare it.  I figure these idiots claim to be christians. They'll love it.  My son is 21.  He knows that stuff.

2 minutes ago, oblong said:

If I hear of any of this in Michigan I'm going to go up there and sit next to them and just film them.

Or if they are near my drop box I will find the most offensive and disgusting music I can find and blare it.  I figure these idiots claim to be christians. They'll love it.  My son is 21.  He knows that stuff.

Welcome to Berlin 1936. 

5 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I just remembered my city councilman is one of these election deniers and he was at Cobo Hall demanding they stop the count. He also shows up at BLM protests armed and wearing tactical gear. It's very likely he will be at a polling place somewhere in the city. 

Is he the guy that handcuffed a protester?

My wife dropped hers off at the county registrars office here. The only option besides mailing for early voting. Really not surprising since we're in a smallish county. The only contest on the ballot is the congressional race and unfortunately it  probably won't be a close contest.

She said there was a big yellow circle painted in the parking lot with a sign indicating no campaigning past the marker. There were three or four supporters of the insurrectionist incumbent sitting under a tree. That's about the closest we'll ever see our Congress critter in these parts.

6 hours ago, oblong said:

21 Savage, Meek Mill, or BlocBoy JB should do the trick.