The 2022 Midterm Elections

chasfh

For all the attention that the Rio Grande Valley gets (and the Dems problems down there), you'd think more attention would be given to Tarrant, Collin, Denton etc. and their shifts over time. Especially given the scope of population at play

Edited by mtutiger

On 10/10/2022 at 5:05 PM, mtutiger said:

For all the attention that the Rio Grande Valley gets (and the Dems problems down there), you'd think more attention would be given to Tarrant, Collin, Denton etc. and their shifts over time. Especially given the scope of population at play

All Abbott has to do is starve Tarrant County of ballot boxes and polling places. It's right in the first section of the Post-Democracy Playbook.

11 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The Detroit News did a poll of MI-10 and it has John James up but Whitmer winning the district. Democrats completely punted on this winnable district. Haley Stevens went and carpetbagged in MI-11 and forced Levin out. With that said, a lot of undecideds and hopefully Whitmer can drag Marlinga over the finish line. 

I haven't followed polls/news related to the election as much as I usually do, but no scientific data, just my eyes in what I see when I drive around and there are very few political signs up in front of people's houses up here in Northern Macomb county.  I want to believe that it's a sign that republican voters are just not motivated to vote.  Of course it could just be that Trump is getting the donations instead of the state/local GOP parties and they can't afford them.  

1 minute ago, ewsieg said:

I haven't followed polls/news related to the election as much as I usually do, but no scientific data, just my eyes in what I see when I drive around and there are very few political signs up in front of people's houses up here in Northern Macomb county.  I want to believe that it's a sign that republican voters are just not motivated to vote.  Of course it could just be that Trump is getting the donations instead of the state/local GOP parties and they can't afford them.  

That's the thing, MI-10 doesn't include a lot of Northern Macomb. Only Shelby Township. It's pretty much 8 Mile to Hall Rd. It includes Eastpointe which was Biden +50 and Warren, the largest city in the district, which was Biden +10. Most of Macomb Township, Chesterfield etc are not in this district. I see no Marlinga signs, or James signs for that matter. Marlinga was campaigning Friday in Eastpointe with Stabenow. I'm hoping Whitmer starts hitting the district and flexing her muscle to help Marlinga. 

If we're talking about retreads, John James is on his 3 election in four years. Haley Stevens actually lived in the district but instead moved to 11 to primary Levin. Either one would have been a strong candidate in 10. Probably Levin since he already represented a lot of the district. I would have even accepted Mark Hackle over John James.

This sucks!!! I still think Barnes has a chance, but it seems less and less likely. From what I've been reading of the race it sounds like the Senate GOP campaign arm and outside interest groups are really beating up Barnes on crime and defund the police. It saddens me to see that enough people in Wisconsin still can't see Ron Johnson for the do-nothing huckster that he is.