6/16 7:10 Rangers @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

The wife who only hears me groan when they lose and bitch when they suck thought that we could organize a big event at Comerica with all her buddies when we visit Detroit in July.  

I put the brakes on that noise about a week or so ago.  "They just are not an MLB baseball team right now and I wouldn't want to waste our money on them" 

Mind you that I'm already paying MLB.tv and Directv to watch them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, romad1 said:

The wife who only hears me groan when they lose and bitch when they suck thought that we could organize a big event at Comerica with all her buddies when we visit Detroit in July.  

I put the brakes on that noise about a week or so ago.  "They just are not an MLB baseball team right now and I wouldn't want to waste our money on them" 

I'm invested in two tickets next month in Chicago while visiting family.

Beginning to wonder whether the time would be better spent going literally anywhere else in that city lol

8 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I'm hesitant because recency bias is a real thing, but honestly I'm not sure I've hated a Tiger team more than this one. Maybe hate is too strong of a word, but I at least hate watching this stuff more than the others... 

And I was here for 2003 and 2008 too.

I'm happy for the individual performances and growth of players like Skubal, Brieske, Faedo, Lange, Vest, etc. But the rest of this product largely sucks to watch.

This is pretty bad. All the life they had last season with AJ constantly putting the other team on the defensive is gone.  The hitters are cold, the team is passive, AJ is passive, the team is boring and predictable. 

A couple guys did get hits tonight before they were down in the count, but it's tiny scraps. They need some new voices talking to them. I'm becoming very skeptical a whole team can slump this long without there being a systemic problem.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

Beginning to wonder whether the time would be better spent going literally anywhere else in that city lol

Combine pathetic offense with Chicago fan being Chicago fan around you. 

6 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

use 3 position players to save a BP for 'later' and when 'later' comes  in spades he won't use anybody. AJ is reminding me more and more of the kid who wants to have the biggest jar of marbles but just wants to look at them instead of play.

Tonight reminded me a little bit of the Baltimore game where Soto lost control, but in that one he got Vest up in a hurry and brought him out.

I dont know why he couldn't have done that with Vest tonight... he didn't pitch last night iirc. And you have your best pitcher going tomorrow

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

This is pretty bad. All the life they had last season with AJ constantly putting the other team on the defensive is gone.  The hitters are cold, the team is passive, AJ is passive, the team is boring and predictable. 

A couple guys did get hits tonight before they were down in the count, but it's tiny scraps. They need some new voices talking to them. I'm becoming very skeptical a whole team can slump this long without there being a systemic problem.

Yeah, there appears to be a gross mechanical problem with the machine.  Whenever someone gets a little hot (e.g., Daz Cameron) he goes down with some weird injury or covid or domestic trauma.

9 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I was thinking of taking my 4 year old daughter to her first game this summer but I'm afraid if she sees this product she will turn against baseball forever. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Best summer city in North America. Literally anywhere else is probably a good choice.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Yeah, there appears to be a gross mechanical problem with the machine.  Whenever someone gets a little hot (e.g., Daz Cameron) he goes down with some weird injury or covid or domestic trauma.

Domestic trauma. Who knows where that one is gonna go.

33 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I'm hesitant because recency bias is a real thing, but honestly I'm not sure I've hated a Tiger team more than this one. Maybe hate is too strong of a word, but I at least hate watching this stuff more than the others... 

And I was here for 2003 and 2008 too.

I'm happy for the individual performances and growth of players like Skubal, Brieske, Faedo, Lange, Vest, etc. But the rest of this product largely sucks to watch.

no love for 1996?

The clock has run out for me. If this doesn't look different by over the weekend, Coolbaugh needs to be gone at minimum. If your GM can't pull that  trigger, him as well. If the manager wants to go to the wall for his coach, so be it, him too.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Philosophically, I tend to lean more toward the AJ style than the Jimmy Smokes style... but this team badly needs a Jimmy Smokes moment to light a fire under them.

It's not a good or bad thing per se, more of a style thing, but it's not something that AJ is gonna do.

10 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Philosophically, I tend to lean more toward the AJ style than the Jimmy Smokes style... but this team badly needs a Jimmy Smokes moment to light a fire under them.

It's not a good or bad thing per se, more of a style thing, but it's not something that AJ is gonna do.

I tend to lead towards Smokes style since he actually won.