6/16 7:10 Rangers @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

• Tigeraholic1 changed the title to 6/16 7:10 Rangers @ Tigers

"It's tough to keep trying and trying and not getting the results," said Báez, who has a .519 OPS and a 46.7% chase rate, the worst of his career. "I'm a little sore from my heel, but that doesn't bother me playing like that. A.J. reached out to me last night after the game, and he asked me if I wanted the day off. I wanted it. It's not like I'm not helping the team, but I'm here to help the team and the organization. Today, I felt like I wanted to work on my swing. That's what I did."

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2022/06/15/detroit-tigers-postgame-meeting-yields-few-solutions-offense/7640547001/

Out of the 156 qualified hitters 147 of them have a better RC+ than our team and out of the 9 that don't 4 of them are Tigers including the bottom 3.  So there's essentially 5 everyday players throughout the entire league that are worse with the bat than our team has been. 

4 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Out of the 156 qualified hitters 147 of them have a better RC+ than our team and out of the 9 that don't 4 of them are Tigers including the bottom 3.  So there's essentially 5 everyday players throughout the entire league that are worse with the bat than our team has been. 

But other than that….

7 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

5 everyday players so far

In the top of the first the Tigers got a 3-1 count and swung and missed on an offspeed pitch, then got a 2-0 count and preceded to hit a weak groundball on an offspeed pitch below the zone. I don't have the stats but it feels like this is a common occurrence with them, when they do get ahead in the count the opposing team doesn't even bother throwing a FB for a strike cause they know they will jump on a bad pitch. 

11 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Whoa a Riley Greene sighting on a Tigers telecast.....too bad it's for a Car Shield commercial and not him on the field. 

Not sure who it was, but the idea that the Mud Hens leave Riley in Woostah and let him join the team in Boston had better be right.

He's close enough