6/28 9:45pm Tigers @ Giants

Motor City Sonics

from Oracle Park in San Francisco, CA

64º and Sunny.  2.6% chance of noticeable quake (4.0 or stronger)

TV: Bally Sports Detroit

Radio: WXYT-FM (97.1) and all Tiger affiliates

Sat Radio: Ch. 188 Sirius/XM)

Tarik Skubal (5-5  3.63)
vs. 
Carlos Rodon (6-4,  2.70)

TIGERS TO FACE OFF AGAINST RODAN !!!!!!!

Rodan - Non-alien Creatures Wiki

Oh, wait............that's Rodon...........sorry. 

Plus, I know I posted this early, but now that Tigeraholic1 is back, I had to beat them to it !

• Like 3

The Giants have been struggling with their starting pitching with the exception of Webb and Rodon. Skubal and Rodon are a primo matchup. Even with a 2.6% of a noticeable quake, 🥹 it would be really cool to be in SF this evening. 

3 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

You did a great job! I love the QUAKE forecast! 😆

you get it back tomorrow......it's  yours. 

By the way, I remember reading somewhere that there really is about a 2% chance of a 4.0 quake hitting every single day there because there are 3 main faults.    It was a really bad spot to build a city, whether it was built on rock & roll, like starship says,  or it was build on man-made landfill which turns to quicksand in a quake (Liquifaction - what a cool word).              I added the .6 for dramatic purposes. 

Remember that time Tiger fans thought Al Avila made a great trade getting Meadows from Tampa? No speed, not an elite defender, but he has power. Or he did...for Tampa. For Detroit? Not so much. May as well release him now, he brings nothing to the table. Ryan Raburn, Dirks and Bosch all had better Tiger career numbers that Austin....we should have known we were getting ripped off. It was an Avila trade after all.

I like the earthquake prediction too. We had a 6.5 in Idaho a couple years ago. I’d never felt one before. What was strange was that although the floor did sort of move what was most noticeable was that there was a seismic wave that went through the air 2 or 3 feet above the floor as if you were in the ocean where a wave comes through and lifts you up and then sets you back down. People who were driving didn’t notice anything. But if you’re sitting dead still snd not moving it’s a big deal when you do. 

Great article in the athletic today talking about the fact that in 2017 the Tigers and Giants had basically identical losing records and drafted one two in the next year‘s amateur draft. The Tigers took the traditional route of loose and pick low where the Giants found undervalued talent both in the minors and the draft and at the major  league level in developing their rosters. Fast forward today the Giants are on their second consecutive year of winning big and the Tigers continue to lose big. 
The article points out again the Tigers lack of creativity with roster management and how younger more thoughtful GM’s value talent using a whole different metric. 

20 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Meadows with Dual Achilles Strains.    

Now I feel like the Tigers are hiding something. 

You win, I can't defend the trade anymore.   

Hello, Chris Illitch, do you even fucking care?   

Too much dance dance Revolution while on the covid list? What is going on with this team?

The sad thing is, the pitching has been really good and we have players who can play defense (although Hinch prefers the Castro's for some reason), but the hitting has been historically awful. Something has to go right eventually I hope...

9 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Too much dance dance Revolution while on the covid list? What is going on with this team?

The sad thing is, the pitching has been really good and we have players who can play defense (although Hinch prefers the Castro's for some reason), but the hitting has been historically awful. Something has to go right eventually I hope...

The Illitch Empire lied about building up District Detroit.   This is Karma. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Meadows with Dual Achilles Strains.    

Now I feel like the Tigers are hiding something. 

You win, I can't defend the trade anymore.   

Hello, Chris Illitch, do you even fucking care?   

Actually we all lose because our beloved Tigers suffer for the mismanagement. We need change at the top. Maybe the very top but in lieu of that at least have our players, good and bad, on the field. 

Edited by SoCalTiger
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, casimir said:

That’s fun.  I had an Achilles strain this time last year.  Sucky stuff.

Back in 2019 a bump started forming in the back of my foot and it would jut out to the point where I could not wear a shoe without horrible pain.  It's called Haglund's Deformity,  (a.k.a. Pump Bump, because I love wearing pumps, I guess).  Surgery was required.   The surgery is detaching my achilles tendon, to get to the bump, which is bone, and grinding the bump away and then reattaching the achilles tendon, but they needed to remove part of a tendon from my big toe to lengthen the achilles.   Then I was in this immobilizer for 3 months and could put no weight on it at all.......it was my right foot - so I could not drive.   I got a knee scooter and made the best of it but the achilles still causes an occasional problem.    Not fun, but I did manage it far better than I thought I would.  

By the way, renting a knee scooter for 3 months would have cost $210, but purchasing one outright was $150.  So I just bought it.  If anyone needs temporary use of a knee scooter and lives in SE Michigan - do not hesitate to ask to use it.  I have let a good friend use and even a guy that lives a few blocks away that I saw trying to navigate crutches.   If you need it - ask.  Won't cost ya nothin'  

Edited by Motor City Sonics

6 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Actually we all lose because our beloved Tigers suffer for the mismanagement. We need change at the top. Maybe the very top but in lieu of that at least have our players, good and bad, on the field. 

Where have you been.  There are no Al Avila supporters left on this board, are there?   If there was, the Meadows-Paredes thing probably ended that. 

He can't be allowed another trade deadline or another draft, but we're so close now that whatever change is coming (if any) won't happen until after both events.   And then you'd get who, David Chadd?   Well Dave's been here forever too and I don't think he's done very well.  

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

Where have you been.  There are no Al Avila supporters left on this board, are there?   If there was, the Meadows-Paredes thing probably ended that. 

He can't be allowed another trade deadline or another draft, but we're so close now that whatever change is coming (if any) won't happen until after both events.   And then you'd get who, David Chadd?   Well Dave's been here forever too and I don't think he's done very well.  

On the assumption that the most Chris will ever ask Al to do is move 'upstairs' then it's likely a fill from within,and other than  Garko or Hinch who would any candidates be? And of course that has to assume that Hinch and/or Garko didn't have major input into some of the decisions that we are roasting Al for.

6 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I have been teetering on the fence until this year when it became clear even for me and my eternally optimistic hope that Al has no clue and Chris has no 🏀 ️ To effect real change. 

11 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I don't agree. The Meadows-Paredes trade was almost 100% applauded. Everyone thought we ripped Tampa off. As it is, we may still eventually get something out of Meadows, we still have him for a few years. And there really was no room for Paredes here. I wish the guy luck.

That said...Fire Al already.

17 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I'm 62 and pulled a groin muscle slipping on the ice in Janurary...it still hurts. Getting old sucks.

This. 

My 'getting older' moment was missing the last step on my main floor staircase...falling an incredible 9 inches. 

Didn't even give it a thought at the time, felt fine...but the following day was the start of 9 months of back pain.