Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

12 minutes ago, romad1 said:

It wasn't the US despite what Putin and Seymour Hersh and Code Pink are saying.   If it was Ukraine, more power to them. 

I would have thought that if USN was involved it would have been done in the most inaccessable region they could find. Then again, that thinking might be a reason for them to have done it where it was......

🤔

🙊🙉🙈

6 minutes ago, romad1 said:

It wasn't the US despite what Putin and Seymour Hersh and Code Pink are saying.   If it was Ukraine, more power to them. 

You mean what an anonymous US intelligence officer said, that seems to have a lot of weight when it's something you want to hear.  Weird that it's completely discarded when it's not something you want to hear.  There are other Intelligence reports, from US allies, that indicate it wouldn't have been an easy feat.  I'm hard pressed to believe Ukraine has these capabilities, let alone to get it done on the other side of Europe.  At best it didn't act alone.  

8 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

You mean what an anonymous US intelligence officer said, that seems to have a lot of weight when it's something you want to hear.  Weird that it's completely discarded when it's not something you want to hear.  There are other Intelligence reports, from US allies, that indicate it wouldn't have been an easy feat.  I'm hard pressed to believe Ukraine has these capabilities, let alone to get it done on the other side of Europe.  At best it didn't act alone.  

Like Q? 

6 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

that indicate it wouldn't have been an easy feat.  I'm hard pressed to believe Ukraine has these capabilities, let alone to get it done on the other side of Europe.  At best it didn't act alone.  

actually I would question that. Anything that can be reached by scuba divers is not going to be too much of a "feat". This was not in deep enough water for it to have that challengin. Diving expertise to that level is a commodity service. The explosives expertise needed to part a pipeline is not very hard to come by either. I would guess any country with a blue water Navy wouldn't have found it difficult, and probably any county or even sub national actor without one that had a checkbook wouldn't have either.

16 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

actually I would question that. Anything that can be reached by scuba divers is not going to be too much of a "feat". This was not in deep enough water for it to have that challengin. Diving expertise to that level is a commodity service. The explosives expertise needed to part a pipeline is not very hard to come by either. I would guess any country with a blue water Navy wouldn't have found it difficult, and probably any county or even sub national actor without one that had a checkbook wouldn't have either.

Ukraine was a nuclear power and has shown itself more adept at warfare than the Russians.   Enough of the soft bigotry of low expectations.

34 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Maybe you're right, just surprised no one (outside of a high ranking US intelligence officer) seems to have anything but theories.  Heck, we know most of the actors and the exact path of the materials/bomb for the Crimea bridge, from within Ukraine, through Odessa (after international intervention to get it opened to allow wheat exports), through Georgia and Armenia, and we knew all of that within a month.   But nope, nothing to see here. 

4 hours ago, ewsieg said:

I'm not going to compare these statements as comparable to... but c'mon.  ... that it was beneficial for the pro-Ukrainian side.  In the end, it might have even been a good move, but with a 'so what' attitude?  WTF? ...

Wrong answer.

I mentioned I believed it was a pro-Ukrainian group almost immediately after it occurred, and reiterated when intelligence came out that it indeed looked like it was a pro-Ukrainian group a month ago or so.

It's called military strategy, as Romad expertly pointed out. 

It shuts Russia out of Europe, and forces Europe into other sources hands (US, African oil & gas, M.E., etc...). It cuts off a huge source of funding for Russia's war against Ukraine. Why would they NOT attack Nord 1 & 2?

That would be called a militarily brilliant move. And you want to call it a 'so what' attitude?

ABSOLUTELY so what!!! I APPLAUD Ukraine or whatever pro-Ukrainian group that did this because, again, it is brilliant military strategy. No... the real WTF here is apparently you do not understand any of this.

Likewise, If Ukrainians are afraid of mass murder and the dislocation of families and having their children stolen and raised in Russian orphanages they can flee from Ukraine and say goodbye to the notion of a Ukrainian nation. 

And if western assholes who have been heavily invested in by Russian politicians are afraid of being exposed by the Russians, they can flee to Russia where they will be welcomed with open arms and even made minister of sport or whatever fig leaf job they have left after they reward Steven Segal, Donald Trump, Matt Gaetz, MTG and Kevin McCarthey.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Likewise, If Ukrainians are afraid of mass murder and the dislocation of families and having their children stolen and raised in Russian orphanages they can flee from Ukraine and say goodbye to the notion of a Ukrainian nation. 

And if western assholes who have been heavily invested in by Russian politicians are afraid of being exposed by the Russians, they can flee to Russia where they will be welcomed with open arms and even made minister of sport or whatever fig leaf job they have left after they reward Steven Segal, Donald Trump, Matt Gaetz, MTG and Kevin McCarthey.

"This is my recommendation to them", ha ha that's funny.

The interesting thing is that a lot of things can kill tanks from further range than tanks can shoot.   The newest western tanks that will arrive in Ukraine can shoot any Russian vehicle from beyond the range the Russians can shoot them.   Russia would be advised to attempt to create a kill box against these new tanks and formations, but I doubt they have the ability to do dynamic targeting sufficient to pull something like that off.     

The toblerone-style barriers they have strung up on the south front are cute.  

The Kremlin said on Wednesday that Russia’s confrontation with hostile states and what it called a “hybrid war” being waged against it by the West would last a long time.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov made the prediction when asked how long what Russia calls it “special military operation” in Ukraine would last.

“If you are referring to a war in a broader context, a confrontation with hostile states, a hybrid war against our country, then it is going to last for a long time,” Peskov told reporters.

8 minutes ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

The Kremlin said on Wednesday that Russia’s confrontation with hostile states and what it called a “hybrid war” being waged against it by the West would last a long time.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov made the prediction when asked how long what Russia calls it “special military operation” in Ukraine would last.

“If you are referring to a war in a broader context, a confrontation with hostile states, a hybrid war against our country, then it is going to last for a long time,” Peskov told reporters.

I think the West is onboard to fight your country until it yields.

27 minutes ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

Putin's Russia cannot sustain a long war and even he knows it. He is posturing to try and hold out until he gets a favorable election result in the US in 2024. Russian disinfo efforts are going to be building to fever pitch leading up to that - aren't they?