2022-23 Detroit Tigers Offseason Thread

chasfh

My OOTP Tigers have taken a nosedive in August and now sit at 52-65.   I did make some trades to free up salary space in the coming offseason.      That's a .444 Pct, which would be about a 72-90 season, which is about where most people would slot the real Tigers.    Tork has 19 Home Runs.  Riley Greene is having a terrible season and the BA leader is Akil Baddoo at .284,  he is 12th in the AL in Stolen Bases with 17 (batting mostly 9th, I tried leading him off and he floundered).  

On the pitching side.     I traded for Andre Pallante (for Michael Lorenzen,  surprised me too) and he's 2-1 with a 3.07 ERA as a Tiger.   Tarik Skubal came back after the All Star game and is 0-3 with a 5.49 ERA with a WHiP of 1.27.   

Can't wait for free agent season !

7 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

My OOTP Tigers have taken a nosedive in August and now sit at 52-65.   I did make some trades to free up salary space in the coming offseason.      That's a .444 Pct, which would be about a 72-90 season, which is about where most people would slot the real Tigers.    Tork has 19 Home Runs.  Riley Greene is having a terrible season and the BA leader is Akil Baddoo at .284,  he is 12th in the AL in Stolen Bases with 17 (batting mostly 9th, I tried leading him off and he floundered).  

On the pitching side.     I traded for Andre Pallante (for Michael Lorenzen,  surprised me too) and he's 2-1 with a 3.07 ERA as a Tiger.   Tarik Skubal came back after the All Star game and is 0-3 with a 5.49 ERA with a WHiP of 1.27.   

Can't wait for free agent season !

Wow, you guys suck.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I did make some trades to free up salary space in the coming offseason.

Huh?  I thought they were just waiting for Cabrera to be gone to spend money?  Are you looking into acquiring more parking lots for Baby Doc?

Edited by casimir

13 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I think it sucks that the Reds don't kick off Opening Day anymore.     Reds open the season at home and the game's at 4?   It should be at 12:55.   

Me, I think it sucks that the season doesn't start on Monday anymore. Now we have a situation in which every team has either Friday or Saturday as a scheduled off-day, rather than Tuesday or Wednesday. That just feels wrong.

Edited by chasfh

10 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Me, I think it sucks that the season doesn't start on Monday anymore. Now we have a situation in which every team has either Friday or Saturday as a scheduled off-day, rather than Tuesday or Wednesday. That just feels wrong.

I agree.  The Reds throwing the first pitch around 12:55 on a Monday is the best.   

8 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

ah - right! For as long as he is there! (hope. hope)

I like that Harris seems to actually be building depth which is something they have lacked for a long time. No they don't have a roster full of stars but they don't have guys who will have a negative impact on the team.