2022-23 Detroit Tigers Offseason Thread

chasfh

52 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I played APBA as a kid.  I tried to complete the full 1973 for every team, keeping box scores of each game and aggregating stats by hand.  After a few years, I made it to early September.  I have thought many times about finishing the season but have never gotten around to it.   I still have the game and the stats in my cellar.  I did finish the 1970 NFL season which of course was a lot fewer games than a full MLB season.  

s-l500.png

We did the same with PTP, as adults we try to play a few games over the phone. Not the same as hanging out all weekend sprawled out on the floor.

No shock about Lorenzen.  He's not breaking 100 IP this year

My OOTP Tigers.   I traded Jonathan Schoop to the Rockies for Ryan McMahon.     Shocked anyone wanted him, to be honest, I hit SHOP PLAYER AROUND.   I was willing to take almost anything. 

My Tigers are 7-5 so far.    

Austin Meadows has 3 HR, but is hitting .194/.357/.841     Hey, he's getting on base. 

Miggy is tearing it up hitting .348.  16 hits,  15 are singles

Spence at .261/.352/.830

Maton at .350/.426/.801

and to compare   McMachon, 33 AB,  .242/.324/.749 and Schoop 44 AB  .227/.286/.536  

Turnbull is my best starter  1-0, 4.26 ERA,  1.03 WHIP, but that's only 3 starts so far.   Lange is tied for the AL lead with 5 saves, 0 ER in 9 IP

Franklin Perez, KILLING IT at Erie with 4 IP and an era of 2.25 and WHIP of 1.00   What a comeback !

Edited by Motor City Sonics

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

My OOTP Tigers.   I traded Jonathan Schoop to the Rockies for Ryan McMahon.     Shocked anyone wanted him, to be honest, I hit SHOP PLAYER AROUND.   I was willing to take almost anything. 

Austin Meadows has 3 HR, but is hitting .194/.357/.841     Hey, he's getting on base. 

Spence at .261/.352/.830

Maton at .350/.426/.801

and to compare   McMachon, 33 AB,  .242/.324/.749 and Schoop 44 AB  .227/.286/.536  

Turnbull is my best starter  1-0, 4.26 ERA,  1.03 WHIP, but that's only 3 starts so far.   Lange is tied for the AL lead with 5 saves, 0 ER in 9 IP

Franklin Perez, KILLING IT at Erie with 4 IP and an era of 2.25 and WHIP of 1.00   What a comeback !

Oh, and the Rays just announced their move to Nashville. 

26 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Spence at .261/.352/.830

Maton at .350/.426/.801

Is Mize spending the majority of the season on the DL again? 

3 hours ago, mtutiger said:

One imagines with positions still unsettled that Mr. Harris could move on some last minute DFAs from other clubs

This is the reason to wait—would suck to finalize the roster and tell a player they made the team only to acquire a better option and have to reverse it.

Could they be thinking Schoop or Hernandez ? Probably not considering the $ but it is a sunk cost. I still think Carpenter and Badoo both go north. Which is why I think Kreidler will also stick since he's most versatile and Verling can play first and third in a pinch.  I mean how many left-handed starters are there anyways ? Plus Miggy will play very sparingly so DH is open 5 days a week. And what right handed outfielder do we have that is so important playing two days a week that presents a premium over both Badoo and Carpenter in the lineup 5 days a week ?

I also am not making the assumption that either Baddoo or Carpenter is going to start the season in Toledo.  One or more of the outfielders is likely going to DH frequently, so five outfielders isn't too many.   Vierling or Schoop can back up at the corners in an emergency and if there is an injury, they can shuttle someone from Toledo.  

Earlier this off-season the tigers announced start times for weekday night games would be 6:40.  They already did this for April/May  and September games the last few years.  I looked in my ticket account and noticed all my night games are 6:40. Even weekends.  I looked up the official schedule and they show the same.  Not sure if this is official or just an oversight.  I didn’t mind the weekdays but combined with the clock shortening games I will be getting home at 9 pm sometimes.  That’s not a night out.  “Feedback from fans and tv partners” means they found a few fans that wanted it but more importantly the TV partners did.  

3 minutes ago, oblong said:

Earlier this off-season the tigers announced start times for weekday night games would be 6:40.  They already did this for April/May  and September games the last few years.  I looked in my ticket account and noticed all my night games are 6:40. Even weekends.  I looked up the official schedule and they show the same.  Not sure if this is official or just an oversight.  I didn’t mind the weekdays but combined with the clock shortening games I will be getting home at 9 pm sometimes.  That’s not a night out.  “Feedback from fans and tv partners” means they found a few fans that wanted it but more importantly the TV partners did.  

who says you can't party a little after a game?

2 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Probably more if the Tigers do the right thing and just cut Schoop.  He has no place on this team.

You jeep schoop because of the possible upside. You don't have to give him a long leash, but if he hits a bit you can trade him. Thats valuable to the rebuild.

Just let krider start in toldeo, see how schoop does and make the call may 1.

48 minutes ago, KL2 said:

You jeep schoop because of the possible upside. You don't have to give him a long leash, but if he hits a bit you can trade him. Thats valuable to the rebuild.

Just let krider start in toldeo, see how schoop does and make the call may 1.

I like it in theory, but he will never command anything in a trade, regardless of how he hits.  

18 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

I like it in theory, but he will never command anything in a trade, regardless of how he hits.  

It would be nice if he would show a little something before ST ends. Today he lifted one ball decently to the OF but too high. K'd twice. Didn't chase out of the zone but didn't hit what he swung at in the zone either.