2022-23 Detroit Tigers Offseason Thread

chasfh

26 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I never got clarification but are they actually redoing the big wall in rcf or are they just slapping a yellow line where the new HR marker is?

In CF their will be  new curved wall inside the old straight one, but I think off at the side they are just repainting the HR line on part of the RF wall but I'm not sure exactly where.

25 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

In CF their will be  new curved wall inside the old straight one, but I think off at the side they are just repainting the HR line on part of the RF wall but I'm not sure exactly where.

Articles say they are actually physically lowering the walls in RF and losing the first row of seats (around 50 in total).  Interesting they have to do that rather than just make the grate longer.  That would suck if someone had season tickets in that row.  I assume they just bumped everyone back a row and aren't really telling anyone?

9 minutes ago, oblong said:

Articles say they are actually physically lowering the walls in RF and losing the first row of seats (around 50 in total).  Interesting they have to do that rather than just make the grate longer.  That would suck if someone had season tickets in that row.  I assume they just bumped everyone back a row and aren't really telling anyone?

I always try to get seats along that wall. Might get a HR ball but more importantly the craft beer bar is at top of section!

14 minutes ago, oblong said:

The picture from Tony Paul makes it look like there's going to be a physical wall behind the fence where the old aux. scoreboard used to be.

If so, gotta imagine that is prime real estate for new number retirings lol

Edited by mtutiger

5 hours ago, casimir said:

Hope its more ready than Sick's Stadium was.

They stopped pounding the new seats into place for the national anthem on Opening Day.........LOL, then continued working.   Pilots beat the Angels 4-3 and Ray Oyler had just as many hits as he had in all of August and September 1968.......ZERO!

♫ Go Go, you Pilots
You proud Seattle team
Go Go, you Pilots
Go out and build a dream
You brought the majors
to the evergreen Northwest
So, Go Go you PIlots
You're going to be the best ♫

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Regular OOTP is for laptop and not mobile, so I gotta believe it is way deeper and easier to manage than GO.

I've been playing go for a couple of years now. It's ok. Most of the time I let the AI do most of the negotiation things. I will start trades. It's difficult to keep it realistic. 

I played APBA for windows for several years (was part of a couple of draft leagues). Basically I'm just looking for something to satisfy my urge to sim leagues.

20 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I've been playing go for a couple of years now. It's ok. Most of the time I let the AI do most of the negotiation things. I will start trades. It's difficult to keep it realistic. 

I played APBA for windows for several years (was part of a couple of draft leagues). Basically I'm just looking for something to satisfy my urge to sim leagues.

There was a great online game 10-15 years ago called Baseball Mogul Online. We had a great community. The game would sim three games every hour 8AM-5PM. We could pause a day at trade deadline and sign free agents in the off season, fantastic game! I guess the server fried and Clay Dreslough (founder) decided not to keep it going. They have PC version now but not the same. We had a message board just like this politics and everything.... 

• Like 1

I started with the Strat cards. Then got involved with an APBA card and dice league that morphed into BBW. At the end it just got too stressful with folks alway bickering over the same rule discussions every year. Then there was always the guy whose computer always  crashed about halfway thru the season......

I played APBA as a kid.  I tried to complete the full 1973 for every team, keeping box scores of each game and aggregating stats by hand.  After a few years, I made it to early September.  I have thought many times about finishing the season but have never gotten around to it.   I still have the game and the stats in my cellar.  I did finish the 1970 NFL season which of course was a lot fewer games than a full MLB season.  

s-l500.png

Edited by Tiger337
  • Like 1