Media Meltdown and also Media Bias 101

pfife

45 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Yet another "Biden is a disaster because I think Biden is a disaster" post from ol' Archie. Shocking.

I would ask Archie what he would do differently from how the United States has responded to date, but I'm sure we'll get crickets as per usual.

it will make as much sense as this....

FOZE_AEXsAUIZgy.jpg

• Haha 2

On 3/30/2022 at 9:32 AM, chasfh said:

Funny you say, I was wondering what if Will Smith had done that to a white comedian like Ricky Gervais.

Stealing from a tweet I saw in regards to what if that was Chappelle and not Rock, I think both outcomes would have been similar, we would have seen an impromptu 1 hour special by either of them that consisted of Jada jokes, with a sprinkle of Will Smith cuck jokes.  I think we were really close to hearing one from Rock but he chose to back off.  

The anti smith stuff is really starting to surface now that time has passed.  Rock played in Boston last night, walking in to the venue in a  Tigers hat by the way, and tickets were going for $1200.  It will be interesting how he responds in the future.  Will he just take the high road and let it blow over or integrate it into his act?

On 3/30/2022 at 9:32 AM, pfife said:

This guy suffers horribly from the 'but Trump' virus.  The only time Trump 'got away' with a gaffe was when the next one he made 'trumped' the first one.  He was mocked relentlessly, and rightly so.  

Lot's of potential ironies.  Rock's wife of 18 yrs (now divorced) ran a  non-profit hair salon. Also back in the day, when many black women made it a statement to stop straightening their hair, black women wearing their hair natural and even very short was actually a thing. 

somewhere there is probably a joke for a bald male comic about women vs men - one not appreciating the pain of childbearing and the other the 'pain' of balding, but Rock still has too much hair to make it.......

Edited by gehringer_2

45 minutes ago, oblong said:

The anti smith stuff is really starting to surface now

It was pretty boorish. More sophisticated revenge should be preferred. (not to mention Rock was just doing what he was being paid to do at the time, which was at least in part to make fun of the crowd, even if it the Smiths/Pinketts thought that joke was in poor taste.)

Then again, if Obama had just bitsch slapped Trump that night instead of making more sophisticated but merciless fun of him at the Correspondent's dinner, maybe Obama just gets a law suit and we never get stuck with Trump as President....🤔

:classic_laugh:

Edited by gehringer_2

40 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

This guy suffers horribly from the 'but Trump' virus.  The only time Trump 'got away' with a gaffe was when the next one he made 'trumped' the first one.  He was mocked relentlessly, and rightly so.  

He critiques the overwhelmingly conservatively biased MSM very well.

19 minutes ago, pfife said:

Tax cuts are only awesome when Republicans do them apparently 

this also reads as economic nonsense. A state tax cut would only be inflationary if the state were deficit spending, which most are not allowed to do and which would contradict the premise of the story anyway that the cuts were out of surpluses. Since states pretty much spend 100% of their revenue received, giving the money back to consumers, who  will only spend it to a level equal to 100% - the consumer savings rate, will be deflationary if anything, though pretty close to zero. Stupid, poorly researched commentary. The commentator is confused in that Federal tax cuts into deficits are inflationary because the Federal government can(does) print dollars to fund them (all things being equal, printing more dollars = inflation). States have no such ability. State taxation does not drive national money supply. The writer doesn't know Econ 101.

The level of general literacy in what gets published in US media is beyond abysmal.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1