Media Meltdown and also Media Bias 101

pfife

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

One has to wonder why Musk would invest $43 billion in Twitter instead of into Tesla which has some of the worst build quality in the industry, promised FSD was one year away in 2016, and said we would have the Cybertruck by now but the plant isn't even completed yet. 

There are a couple of theories here. 1) His next bonus package is coming up. Owning Twitter could add value to the next goals.

It's also a big F-U to the SEC

And this sets the stage for my mini-grand theory on what is happening right now with the Twitter acquisition:

• Musk recognizes his Twitter account and unfettered access to it are vital to his current and future business interests. 

• He also wants to neuter the SEC.

• The pay package is near completion and it’s time to think about the next one.

• He knew Q1 would be a banger for TSLA. It’s always nice to make a play from a position of strength.

• But this might also be the rosiest time ever for Tesla. 

• And even if Tesla stays on a roll, it’s difficult to imagine significant upside for TSLA, the stock.

Musk going after Twitter is not about distraction; it’s diversification. The past few months have all been Elon putting together the pieces for what’s next, and he’s doing it from a position of strength. It’s like a super-charged Solarcity acquisition, where varying business interests will converge in unexpected ways. We just learned Musk was registering properties to make a “super-company” called X Holdings. 

Twitter is all about what comes after Tesla. What it exactly looks like, I have no idea, but it’s important to at least ask why is this all happening right now.

https://www.readmargins.com/p/elons-giant-package?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email&utm_content=share&token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjo2OTkzNjcwLCJfIjoidlFlNlgiLCJpYXQiOjE2NTA5MDY5OTQsImV4cCI6MTY1MDkxMDU5NCwiaXNzIjoicHViLTY2ODMiLCJzdWIiOiJwb3N0LXJlYWN0aW9uIn0.eDeLccHRJXHYT6lgFYYWw_P3U4IdEqfKwwYuVdIjDFQ&s=r

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

One has to wonder why Musk would invest $43 billion in Twitter instead of into Tesla which has some of the worst build quality in the industry, promised FSD was one year away in 2016, and said we would have the Cybertruck by now but the plant isn't even completed yet. 

I think it's definitely a danger sign when a management/manager takes a left turn into an area where they have no expertise. Whether you are impressed by the products or not, the heart of the operation at both Tesla and Space-X was mechanically engineered HW product. What ever mastery Musk has demonstrated as a corporate leader has been finding and managing expertise in HW design and manufacture. I question whether he has a clue how to run Twitter successfully.

Edited by gehringer_2

12 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I think it's definitely a danger sign when a management/manager takes a left turn into an area where they have no expertise. Whether you are impressed by the products or not, the heart of the operation at both Tesla and Space-X was mechanically engineered HW product. What ever mastery Musk has demonstrated as a corporate leader has been finding and managing expertise in HW design and manufacture. I question whether he has a clue how to run Twitter successfully.

I recently bought an electric car so naturally I started with Tesla. It opened my eyes to what a grift Tesla is. They offer a $10,000 full self driving package. This gives the car the hardware capabilities for full self driving once it because available. Tesla said it would be available in about a year. That was in 2016. For 6 years Tesla has been collecting $10,000 for FSD that isn't going to be available anytime soon. Elon Musk isn't the founder of Tesla. He just took it over and calls himself founder. The cars have shoddy build quality such as misaligned body panels, discolored body panels, rattles, and water leaks. The water leaks are such a bad issue it causes mold to grow in the headliner. Tesla markets their autopilot as self driving when it is nothing more than a lane keep assist and adaptive cruise control made by every auto manufacturer. Tesla fans are loyal and just ignore the grift and accept the shoddy vehicles. I have never seen car buyers such big fans of the CEO. Nobody who buys a GM goes on Twitter praising Mary Barra. Tesla is very much a cult like Trumpers. Tesla is now over 10 years old since there first real mainstream release. The thing is, Musk and Tesla have no idea how to turn the corner. They basically just add things now like fart noises because they have no ability to improve the cars and people still think they are the greatest thing ever. 

32 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I recently bought an electric car so naturally I started with Tesla. It opened my eyes to what a grift Tesla is. They offer a $10,000 full self driving package. This gives the car the hardware capabilities for full self driving once it because available. Tesla said it would be available in about a year. That was in 2016. For 6 years Tesla has been collecting $10,000 for FSD that isn't going to be available anytime soon. Elon Musk isn't the founder of Tesla. He just took it over and calls himself founder. The cars have shoddy build quality such as misaligned body panels, discolored body panels, rattles, and water leaks. The water leaks are such a bad issue it causes mold to grow in the headliner. Tesla markets their autopilot as self driving when it is nothing more than a lane keep assist and adaptive cruise control made by every auto manufacturer. Tesla fans are loyal and just ignore the grift and accept the shoddy vehicles. I have never seen car buyers such big fans of the CEO. Nobody who buys a GM goes on Twitter praising Mary Barra. Tesla is very much a cult like Trumpers. Tesla is now over 10 years old since there first real mainstream release. The thing is, Musk and Tesla have no idea how to turn the corner. They basically just add things now like fart noises because they have no ability to improve the cars and people still think they are the greatest thing ever. 

It's easy to get deluded into being a home town slappy, but you look at how Ford is going about their entry to the E-vehicle market it seems to be well thought out and thorough-going. And Ford is not even the best of the established operators - the Germans will be heard from, GM etc. The advantage they have all had it that the Japanese have mostly been reluctant, they are still hedging to hold the hybrid market that they think will still emerge as the vehicle of choice - If Toyota had jumped in full EV 5-7 yrs ago with both feet, Tesla would probably already be history.

7 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

It's easy to get deluded into being a home town slappy, but you look at how Ford is going about their entry to the E-vehicle market it seems to be well thought out and thorough-going. And Ford is not even the best of the established operators - the Germans will be heard from, GM etc. The advantage they have all had it that the Japanese have mostly been reluctant, they are still hedging to hold the hybrid market that they think will still emerge as the vehicle of choice - If Toyota had jumped in full EV 5-7 yrs ago with both feet, Tesla would probably already be history.

I ended up ordering a Mustang Mach E. Hasn't arrived yet but it was pretty much better than the Model Y. Funny thing about the cult, apparently Ford trademarked Model E. The Tesla fanboys accused Ford of copying Tesla. I pointed out that Ford had used the "model" branding about 100 years before Tesla ever existed. It came just shy of death threats in my direction. Tesla even copied a famous inventor for their name. If the company was called Musk, everyone would think it was a bad odor. 

9 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I ended up ordering a Mustang Mach E. Hasn't arrived yet but it was pretty much better than the Model Y. Funny thing about the cult, apparently Ford trademarked Model E. The Tesla fanboys accused Ford of copying Tesla. I pointed out that Ford had used the "model" branding about 100 years before Tesla ever existed. It came just shy of death threats in my direction. Tesla even copied a famous inventor for their name. If the company was called Musk, everyone would think it was a bad odor. 

for years Ford protected the Model E name.  Musk wanted his new one to be Model E, after S and X.  Ford told him he can't do that and would be sued if he tried.  They did have an agreement for S and X.

On 4/25/2022 at 2:08 PM, gehringer_2 said:

I question whether he has a clue how to run Twitter successfully.

Silver lining for the current Twitter employees is that the current board and CEO didn't appear to know how to run it either so it probably won't get worse.

On 4/25/2022 at 2:28 PM, Motown Bombers said:

Musk reminds me of a mixture of Jobs and Wozniak.  He may not be able to outsell Jobs or out brain Wozniak, but he's strong in both suits.  Tesla definitely reminds me of a young Apple corporation.  They had some niche things they could do well, but they were lucky to have an extremely dedicated customer base.   I still remember an old boss that would claim the only fix action on a mac was to reboot it.  If that didn't work, his follow up would be to ask how old it was and if it was over 3 years old "oh wow, yeah, that's your problem.  You need to get another one".  

Tesla is likely going to correct a lot of those issues before most people move to e-vehicles.  If you want to break down the last few iphones to a comparable galaxy, the galaxy will win each time, but for the vast majority of folks and what they use their phones for, there is no considerable difference.  This is the key for Tesla, to get to that point by the time the majority of folks are buying e-vehicles, otherwise the Big 3, Honda, and Toyota are going to knock them down considerably.

2 hours ago, buddha said:

bringing trump back to twitter qould be a gift from the gods to the democratic party.  they should be lobbying musk to do that.

and i think he will.  

he said he won't and that he will "stay" on Truth; would be a horrible look for him to be on Twitter but not Truth

also