Media Meltdown and also Media Bias 101

pfife

On 3/18/2022 at 11:17 PM, Archie said:

I go by the facts and evidence that has been presented.  Unless you were there its only your opinion what happened that you are using to fit your agenda and goes it against evidence.  Everything was brought out at the trial and it was very interesting.

I see in the quote my buddy Barney is still trolling.  You're right Barn, Zimmerman wasn't found guilty of a damn thing!

Do you mind enlightening me with any evidence, outside Zimmerman’s words in regard to Trayvon?  

OJ isn’t guilty either, amirite?

• Like 1

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hunter-bidens-laptop-and-americas-crisis-of-accountability-nyt-new-york-post-media-allegations-political-connections-11647872692?mod=opinion_lead_pos8

I know most of you don't care, but the Russian disinformation about Hunter's laptop was in fact not Russian disinformation.  Almost like if a few reporters asked questions and decent follow up questions we would have known a long time ago.

Also means "H gets 10% to hold for the big guy" is a legitimate mail too.  Wonder if that was disclosed when he became president. Guess we'll never know, as no one will bother asking him.

Can we all agree that Hunter Biden is an absolute fucking train wreck and just move on?  He seems to have suffered the same kind of life as the idiot Kennedys of the next generations.  You have to feel sorry for him, but you have to also admit that he is totally irrelevant to any intelligent political discussion about important contemporary issues. Totally irrelevant.  Can we just move on?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Can we all agree that Hunter Biden is an absolute fucking train wreck and just move on?  He seems to have suffered the same kind of life as the idiot Kennedys of the next generations.  You have to feel sorry for him, but you have to also admit that he is totally irrelevant to any intelligent political discussion about important contemporary issues. Totally irrelevant.  Can we just move on?

I do think it's true to say you shouldn't be judged based on what a family member does.  That's not my problem with this story.  My problem is how the media treated it.  Just like the lab leak theory, it was not just ignored, it was flat out rejected without any investigation into determining if there was any truth.  

And now, since it was rejected, now things like the email in regards to business in China, we know POTUS had a silent role.  While Biden may be able to sufficiently explain, or point to no legal issues, that should be his job to explain, not the media's job to hide it so he doesn't have too.

8 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

The exact thing could be said about Donald Trump and his family but most of the people here have offered them rent free space in their head for a lifetime. 

Since Biden is in office and everything hunter does is linked to pops I think he's very relevant until Biden is out of office.  I know it's much easier to sweep things that are hurtful under a rug but Hunter is as much fair game as the Trump family was/is when he was in office.

31 minutes ago, Archie said:

The exact thing could be said about Donald Trump and his family but most of the people here have offered them rent free space in their head for a lifetime. 

Since Biden is in office and everything hunter does is linked to pops I think he's very relevant until Biden is out of office.  I know it's much easier to sweep things that are hurtful under a rug but Hunter is as much fair game as the Trump family was/is when he was in office.

Donald Trump's daughter and son in law were federal government employees with security clearances, some granted only because the President ordered it, meaning they were not being cleared by the normal people responsible.  They are totally fair game for criticism.

Don Jr and Eric are also fair game because they put themselves out there on social media and doing rallies and speeches and appearing on TV shows.

4 minutes ago, oblong said:

Donald Trump's daughter and son in law were federal government employees with security clearances, some granted only because the President ordered it, meaning they were not being cleared by the normal people responsible.  They are totally fair game for criticism.

Don Jr and Eric are also fair game because they put themselves out there on social media and doing rallies and speeches and appearing on TV shows.

Not to mention all those Chinese licenses his daughter received from China as he took office. What did they get in exchange? Was it ever reported?

9 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Billy Carter.

Totally irrelevant.

I agree.

Someone else (or two) is, however, fixated.

2 hours ago, oblong said:

I agreed overall with your point until you got to your last sentence.  If you truly believe that, Hunter, who uses his dad's name for any financial opportunity, should deserve that scrutiny as well.

2 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

Not to mention all those Chinese licenses his daughter received from China as he took office. What did they get in exchange? Was it ever reported?

It was definitely reported on.  She did remove herself from the company in order to work as a public official.  The brand was shut down by the time the patents were awarded as well. All that said, it was fishy and reported as such.  

The Hunter Biden thing was just a distraction, an attempt to "both sides" something.  "we're frauds so we're going to accuse them of being frauds too and when nothing comes of that we can take that exoneration until ourselves".

The only people who give a shit about Hunter Biden are crooks looking to deflect from their own bullshit.

On 3/21/2022 at 11:12 PM, ewsieg said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hunter-bidens-laptop-and-americas-crisis-of-accountability-nyt-new-york-post-media-allegations-political-connections-11647872692?mod=opinion_lead_pos8

I know most of you don't care, but the Russian disinformation about Hunter's laptop was in fact not Russian disinformation.  Almost like if a few reporters asked questions and decent follow up questions we would have known a long time ago.

Also means "H gets 10% to hold for the big guy" is a legitimate mail too.  Wonder if that was disclosed when he became president. Guess we'll never know, as no one will bother asking him.

Q: What’s the surest way to get people to not care about your post?

A: Tell them in the first sentence, “I know you all don’t care about this, but …”

On 3/22/2022 at 9:45 AM, Archie said:

Well, not for nothing, he is the most dangerous free man walking around America today. So, yeah, there’s that.

5 hours ago, chasfh said:

Q: What’s the surest way to get people to not care about your post?

A: Tell them in the first sentence, “I know you all don’t care about this, but …”

Probably true, but the truth is it wouldn't matter.  You all bought into media account on it and have therefore had plenty of time to wrap your heads around ways to disregard some of the bits that you would all demand a POTUS response on if there was an (R) after their name.  And yes, no need to respond, because ... Trump.

NYT has gotten very frustrating over the last couple of years. When Trump was the obvious foil things were easier, but since then the Times wants desperately to hang on the myth that being the messenger gives one a free ride on the need to exercise more nuanced moral judgment. But there can be no such free ride when you run the NYT. You better accept the reality that what you say matters, or give it up and go work for the society page of the Puducah Bee.

Edited by gehringer_2

14 hours ago, chasfh said:

Well, not for nothing, he is the most dangerous free man walking around America today. So, yeah, there’s that.

No that would be Biden.  He has no idea what he's doing or saying so one wrong blunder speaking in public could be a disaster.  We see how often he says the wrong thing in public.  

1 hour ago, Archie said:

No that would be Biden.  He has no idea what he's doing or saying so one wrong blunder speaking in public could be a disaster.  We see how often he says the wrong thing in public.  

Stopped Clock Alert:

You’re right in one respect, Bunker: Biden’s words have already led to disaster—the Russian misadventure disaster in Ukraine.

Biden checkmated Putin by outing Putin’s tactics before he used them, or could use them. If Biden had kept quiet, Russia would have gotten away with false flag attacks and the like, after which there would have been worldwide debate about their veracity, perhaps with China publicly taking Russia’s side on the question, which would have created a huge polar divide and complicated the situation perhaps even beyond resolution.

But because Biden told us upfront what to expect, no person in the world who values their own reputation will profess even the whiff of a belief in Putin’s line that Ukraine is run by neo-Nazis who are bombing their own cities and killing their own civilians so they can unfairly blame the Russians for it.

Because of Biden, the world knows the truth. Do you, Bunker?

“Way to go, Brandon, way to go! 👏 👏