Media Meltdown and also Media Bias 101

pfife

well we saw how it was covered when some people were in Guatamala or whatever and Fox and gang had people in MN riled up that they were going to be kicked out of lake homes and the "mexicans" put in.

The knuckle dragging rednecks and their sympathizers are not hard to figure out.

9 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Sounds about right to me.

I guess I don't understand the complaint on this one. Canada is a sovereign nation and is free to exercise whatever laws it has on the books to disperse unlawful protests. Just as many police departments did during the George Floyd protests.

And just as it isnt fair to associate all of those who are supportive of lifting COVID restrictions with the means and methods used at these border protests or every Trump voter with January 6th, not everyone who supported the message of the George Floyd protests advocated violence or looting. 

None of that matters if...

You have a political agenda and are trying to force a political opinion or POV upon everyone else... regardless of the law/ logic/ morality. The only thing that matters is the political agenda. Of... someone.

9 hours ago, pfife said:

Yep this is just eswieg wanting special rights for republicans

haha, you are quite talented at selective reading/hearing.  I have said nothing about different rules.  In fact, I haven't said anything about my views on the protests themselves nor the level of illegality that the protesters used in order to protest nor a ranking of that illegality.  I simply pointed to previous 'peaceful' protests have occurred and were cheered on by the left and the media.  Some were as small as taking over a public park, no big deal without a permit.  Others resulted in horrific destruction to some inner cities. 

The fact that each of you keep pointing to the Occupy Wall Street portion of my statement, which I simply argued was indeed a protest, just like this border thing is a protest, points that you know you can't speak to how the media, dem party, and each of you viewed the BLM protests which caused a significant larger economic damage to impoverished areas, resulted in deaths related to the riots that came with the protests, burned down businesses (and police stations), among other things.

On 2/16/2022 at 9:39 AM, ewsieg said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60383385

That's the way to deal with these folks.  F' them and all the trouble they have caused.  I hope the US implements something like this so I never have to be inconvenienced by a protest either.  BLM, and Occupy Wall Street protests would have never been so prolonged.  Well, BLM at least, the Occupy folks already lost all of their money anyway to the folks they were protesting, but still it may have had some impact.  That happens, maybe we don't see 1/6 either.  

Grabbing my original posts.  I pointed out a very draconian way to deal with a protest, then said I’m game for it here.  I even took a dig at Wall Street that the Wall Street Occupy protest may not have been impacted as Wall Street stole all those protesters money already.

i really have no patience for legal protesters that take nothing but my time, go ahead and cost the economy money due to illegal actions while protesting…I’m not saying I wish them dead,  but…..

59 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Funny how this happens after Hillary threatens a lawsuit.

The sentence that ends the Mediaite story:

"What an incredibly embarrassing moment for Fox News."

I disagree with this take, because you can't be embarrassed if you have no shame.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

I was responding to the use of Occupy Wall Street and burning police stations in literally the same sentence, which they did not do. It sure looked like an attempt to implicate them. Not sure what else we were expected to take away from that.

I apologize if I wasn't clear, in reviewing I honestly am not sure where I went wrong, but do show that I mentioned various differences in different posts.  For example I started here mentioning several different protests in recent years.

Occupying a park (Occupy Wall Street), shutting down a road (Freedom Truckers and BLM), occupying a downtown area (Seattle)

I only referenced shutting down roads which BLM/George Floyd riots, i'm sorry, peaceful protests were ongoing.  But I did think it was common knowledge that a precinct in Minneapolis was burned down.  Pretty sure Portland had a precinct that was started on fire too.  Still, I'm mentioning several different ones though.

After that, comes to this comment by me below.  At this point I am claiming that I believe there is a double standard in how the Freedom Truckers are being viewed.  IMO, they are being viewed the same way the violent and illegal segments of the BLM/George Floyd riots, again, sorry, peaceful protests, should have been viewed.  

Camping in a park - OK, Taking over a few city blocks - ok, burning down a police precinct - ok, shutting down traffic - ok, shutting down international traffic - not ok?

So again, I'm pointing to multiple things, - camping/Wall Street - taking over city blocks/Seattle - Burning down a police station/BLM - shutting down interstate and service roads/BLM - International traffic/Freedom Truckers.

Ok, here is where it went sideways:

You guys love going back to the Occupy Wall Street, conveniently leaving out taking over an entire few blocks in a city or burning down a police station, just more 'peaceful' protests.  

My point here wasn't that you guys were downplaying Occupy Wall Street, my complaint was that previous to this last above comment, when I questioned why Freedom Truckers deserved universal bad press from MSM everyone seemed to ignore BLM/Floyd and the Seattle CHAZ occupation which I had brought up and focused on the one protest I mentioned that the illegality of it was as little as a trespassing ticket.  I wasn't saying that horrible things happened during this protest.