Media Meltdown and also Media Bias 101

pfife

• 2 weeks later...

The Bulwark had a good interview with a former CNN correspondent.  The short of it is they see the shrinking numbers in cable news and while each network has competed, especially in primetime, long term they don't think it'll be a cash cow like it has been.  CNN sees it's biggest numbers when a major event happens, so they view that as when it comes push to shove, people still trust CNN.  As such, the concern isn't about making it profitable as a single entity, but Discovery wants it as their news crown jewel for their Discovery package.

10 hours ago, oblong said:

I still go to CNN for big news, even on election night.  I assumed that's just because of how I was ingrained to think of it going back to Ted Turner and the 1980's.  I used them for all the Queen stuff.

Election night on CNN means John King, can't go wrong there.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

she was a 60 Minutes reporter for years, and now is fully Q

Actually, now that I think more about it, it occurs to me that white South Africans may well be more susceptible to this kind of idea, given how they too were once beneficiaries of a legally-enforced apartheid system of which they now rue the loss.