Week Fifteen: Detroit Lions (6-7) @ New York Jets (7-6)

MichiganCardinal

Depending on your feelings about the Vikings, the Jets are probably one of the best teams we have played since either the Cowboys (Bills too, though they were missing Von Miller). I like our defense's chances at shutting down whatever QB is rolled out there. Given Glenn's propensity to blitz often, I like the chances we have of rattling him early if he's not at 100%. It's not crazy to think we could hold them under 20 points.

The question will be the offense. Sauce Gardner is likely going to be able to do solid work at cutting off one of our weapons. If they pair him against ASB that should be a fun matchup to watch. I'd like to see us get Swift involved in the pass game, and possibly start working in Jamo some more, both in the pass and run game. A jet sweep to Jamo with the right blocking package could be lethal. We still haven't really seen what he can do with the ball in his hands and space to work with.

Moving the ball will be difficult at times. This isn't going to be the cakewalk our offense had against the Jaguars. We can't pull what we did against the Patriots and give up when the going gets tough. Special teams may be a difference maker too, for either team. Scratch, fight, claw, and take our points when we can get them (@Badgley). Win 12-10 if you have to.

Edited by MichiganCardinal

I hope the Lions don't complete break the Jets. We need them to beat Seattle. I think 9 wins can get in. For 9 wins to make it, Seattle 1st needs to go 1-2. Very doable. 

Seattle: KC, NYJ, LAR. They can easily lose to KC and NYJ. Seattle is fading fast.

New York and Washington play each other. One or the other needs to go 1-3. I think It's more likely New York does. They lose to Washington. That means 1-2 against Minnesota, Indianapolis, and Philadelphia. I can see them losing to the Vikings and Eagles. Even if the Eagles are resting players, they can't rest everyone and that is a deep team. We will also want to root for Dallas so that final game against the Giants has meaning.

These are scenarios are if the Lions go 3-1. If they go 4-0, Seattle would need to win out. The Giants would need to also win out if they lose to Washington. Bottom line, Lions are probably 99% favorites to make the playoffs if they win and the Lions have the easiest schedule of all these teams.