4) Jahan Dotson

5) Jacoby Brisker

6) Daxton Hill

7) Jaelon Pitre

8 - Chad Muma 

9) Brian Asomoah

11 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Yes. Excellent point. 

Also, Holmes has been part of two staffs that traded for Goff. Whether that was right or wrong, whether fans think he should be replaced or not, Holmes is not likely to roll the dice on a QB in what he calls “player acquisition” phase. 

So I did a different mock, that I don't even like, and traded both our #32 and #34 for future 1st round picks in the 2023 draft. I traded our pick at #32 to Miami for their 1st round pick next year and traded our pick at #34 to the Bears for their 1st round pick next year. If we want Bryce Young or CJ Stroud we're going to either need to stink it up badly or have assets to move up and get them. 4 1st round picks should do it for next year.

pff_mock_results (2).png

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

These trades are nuts. Unless Miami wins the Super Bowl, their 1st round pick next year will be better than the one they are trading for and the Bears literally traded a better pick for a worse pick. I kind of expect that from the Bears though. 

It's pretty common though that "next years" picks are worth less than this years picks.  You give up the value of the pick now for a better place next year.  I'd even say that the Dolphins got a good deal in that trade... I mean in terms of value.

1 minute ago, RedRamage said:

It's pretty common though that "next years" picks are worth less than this years picks.  You give up the value of the pick now for a better place next year.  I'd even say that the Dolphins got a good deal in that trade... I mean in terms of value.

But they traded it for the last pick of the 1st round in a weak draft. The Lions are pretty much assured of a higher pick in what figures to be a better draft. I would do that trade all day long if I were the Lions. 

Here's the list of guys attending the draft live. Matt Corral is potentially playing with fire here, perhaps the NFL put out feelers ahead of time and he may indeed be going relatively early or they just wanted to publicly embarrass him while he sits in the green room the whole first round. 

3 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

So I did a different mock, that I don't even like, and traded both our #32 and #34 for future 1st round picks in the 2023 draft. I traded our pick at #32 to Miami for their 1st round pick next year and traded our pick at #34 to the Bears for their 1st round pick next year. If we want Bryce Young or CJ Stroud we're going to either need to stink it up badly or have assets to move up and get them. 4 1st round picks should do it for next year.

pff_mock_results (2).png

not even the bears are dumb enough to make that trade.

the bears have punted on next season.  theyre getting big cap numbers off their books and retooling for 2023.

theyve still made some dumb bears decisions that will cost them comp picks next year, but there is no way on god's green earth theyre giving up a potential top 10 pick next year to get pick 32 this year.

Honestly the teams still may not even know. Jacksonville may not know what it wants to do with #1. There may be guys on their staff beating the table for four different players and three different trade options. And every team behind them will be left scrambling to decide based on what Jacksonville does.

I think it's going to be simple and it will be Hutchinson or Thibodeaux, whoever Jacksonville doesn't take. Last year they drafted an OT over a WR and QB. They proceeded to draft two DL with their next two picks. I'm getting the sense they want to build from the lines out. 

I also get the feeling they will not be drafting a WR with the 32nd pick. Between Holmes and Dorsey, they have drafted something like 12 receivers between them and only one was a 1st round pick. These two found receivers like Tyreek Hill, Cooper Kupp and St Brown in later rounds.