2022 NFL Draft Thread

Mr.TaterSalad

I expect them to try pretty hard to drop down from either 32 or 34 for more picks.  And then I think they will take another DT before the end of day 2 as well.

I really have no idea if they are targeting a QB with one of the first rounders, it depends on if they fell in love with one i guess. 

27 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I'm still of the belief they wait till next year to get their qb. They may not be able to get a Stroud or Young but I'm sure there will be others rated just as highly as the guys this year that they will be able to get if they want.

maybe.  but there will be a number of other teams that need a qb and think the same way.  

unless the lions go 3-14, they will be giving up at least 3 number one picks to move up.  if they have the team around that qb to do it, then by all means "f them picks."  but they wont be the only bidder, and teams at the top may want qbs themselves and be unwilling to deal.

3 minutes ago, buddha said:

maybe.  but there will be a number of other teams that need a qb and think the same way.  

unless the lions go 3-14, they will be giving up at least 3 number one picks to move up.  if they have the team around that qb to do it, then by all means "f them picks."  but they wont be the only bidder, and teams at the top may want qbs themselves and be unwilling to deal.

Maybe but every year there's usually 4 or 5 qbs that are atleast as good as the guys this year and if we finish around the 10th pick next year there should be no reason why one wouldn't be available there.  Even in th best of qb drafts like last year or 2018 do 4 or 5 qbs go before 10.

On 4/15/2022 at 3:29 PM, buddha said:

the best pff mock draft was the one bonghit did (i think it was bonghit) where he picked a tight end in every round and pff gave him an A.

i did that. it just goes by need and says we need a te so just draft whatever a million times and you get an A. Same with QB

41 minutes ago, buddha said:

that's really the argument for willis at #2.  you wont get another chance unless you want to trade your whole draft for him.

right - but Willis? I'd be too old school to pick Willis. A 6'0 running qb from a school that lost 5 games in schedule were they didn't play anyone. He may turn out to be the biggest thing since sliced bread but the thinness of the resume against the kind of players he will see in NFL Ds and the emphasis on his running make him too big a downside risk for my taste. In the NFL, 'dual-threat' just translates to 'soon to be injured'

Edited by gehringer_2

15 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

right - but Willis? I'd be too old school to pick Willis. A 6'0 running qb from a school that lost 5 games in schedule were they didn't play anyone. He may turn out to be the biggest thing since sliced bread but the thinness of the resume against the kind of players he will see in NFL Ds and the emphasis on his running make him too big a downside risk for my taste. In the NFL, 'dual-threat' just translates to 'soon to be injured'

i wouldnt take willis either at 2.

Anybody else having a hard time justifying any of these guys available at 2?

Thibodeaux with the me first personality (I highly doubt that Holmes and Campbell take him because of that) and inconsistent motor, Walker who wasn't even the best player on his college defense, Willis because of his raw he is, nobody wants to take a safety or corner unless they're generational which Sauce and Hamilton don't look to be, is Jordan Davis anything more than a high level run stuffer? No true franchise receiver like a Chase for instance. God, this draft sucks at the top. 

Personally, I think Walker is the likely pick but that's quite a reach for a guy who might not be more than another Trey Flowers. I'm inclined to lean towards Willis since they'll never get more value out of this pick than a QB if he pans out. With so many question marks, why not take the question mark with the most upside at the most important position? I don't know, I'd look for a trade down for a return way below the trade chart. For instance, if Carolina wanted to trade a future 3rd or something like that to move up to 2 if they're concerned about the Lions maybe nabbing Willis then I'd probably do it. 

I'm actually more interested in what they might do at 32. Would they take a QB there or entertain a trade down to a team wanting that 5th year option for a QB? There should be some good talent available there. A good draft depthwise, a historically bad draft to have a top pick.

Edited by NYLion

23 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

To we really care about college wins? 

And if we do Liberty lost to two power fire schools. A.9 win army and a team that won the sunbelt. Can we really say they didn't play anyone? 

2 minutes ago, KL2 said:

To we really care about college wins? 

And if we do Liberty lost to two power fire schools. A.9 win army and a team that won the sunbelt. Can we really say they didn't play anyone? 

he looked terrible when they played ol miss.

that said, its all about projection with him.  he can run and he has a rocket arm.  if you think you can teach him to play qb, he could be lamar jackson.

he could also be jordan love.

6 minutes ago, buddha said:

he looked terrible when they played ol miss.

that said, its all about projection with him.  he can run and he has a rocket arm.  if you think you can teach him to play qb, he could be lamar jackson.

he could also be jordan love.

Personally i say keep trying to you find one

image.thumb.png.339ad34bf62a706cc27db39de1bd0490.png

• Haha 1

The main concern I have about Willis is that he was only a 3 star recruit who didn't get a ton of offers from major schools, the one he did in Auburn he transferred from cause he wasn't good enough, then instead of transferring to a higher profile school he had to settle for Liberty cause nobody else wanted him. 

Guys with that type of background rarely succeed in the NFL.

Edited by RandyMarsh
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

The main concern I have about Willis is that he was only a 3 star recruit who didn't get a ton of offers from major schools, the one he did in Auburn he transferred from cause he wasn't good enough, then instead of transferring to a higher profile school he had to settle for Liberty cause nobody else wanted him. 

Guys with that type of background rarely succeed in the NFL.

CBS's aggregated mock had him going 20th, Pickett 6th. No other QB in the 1st round. I still wouldn't sleep on Neal in the top 3- he seems to be the guy with the least question marks.

Edited by gehringer_2