Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

30 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

It seems like all of you folks claim you hate Twitter, but then someone says something on Twitter, which is horribly slanted, you agree with it and love it.  I don't get it.  One person said there was 17 people with guns, in reading the story, the first person at the scene didn't have a gun and yelled at the person which spooked the assailant and caused him to flee.  

No one else was injured, no one was shot by accident.  It is a horrible story, but outside of one eye witness that it sounds like showed up after the fact, this story is not about guns.  

Don't let facts get in the way of a good laugh.

2 hours ago, ewsieg said:

It seems like all of you folks claim you hate Twitter, but then someone says something on Twitter, which is horribly slanted, you agree with it and love it.  I don't get it.  One person said there was 17 people with guns, in reading the story, the first person at the scene didn't have a gun and yelled at the person which spooked the assailant and caused him to flee.  

No one else was injured, no one was shot by accident.  It is a horrible story, but outside of one eye witness that it sounds like showed up after the fact, this story is not about guns.  

I don't hate twitter.  I think the owner is a moron, but it remains a fairly useful media tool.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

11 per 100,000 gun deaths sounded high.  But I did the math and it looks about right.  

Gun deaths in America distribute in a severe dumbbell with the worst areas around 40 and most everywhere else at or below 1.5 to 3. This is why as bad as the numbers are, gun deaths are not a political liability for gun rights activists - for those mostly rural and suburban people, guns deaths are something that happen somewhere else. As mass shooting incidents just keep getting more widespread that is not quite as true as it used to be, but it's still pretty true because total numbers remain dominated by street crime numbers, which remains highly localized.

Edited by gehringer_2

11 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Gun deaths in America distribute in a severe dumbbell with the worst areas around 40 and most everywhere else at or below 1.5 to 3. This is why as bad as the numbers are, gun deaths are not a political liability for gun rights activists - for those mostly rural and suburban people, guns deaths are something that happen somewhere else.

And not only that it happens elsewhere, but if people living elsewhere get shot, it’s their own damn fault for being whatever it is they are that got them shot. If they would just stop smoking crack and rioting and wearing their pants way too low, they wouldn’t get shot.

5 hours ago, chasfh said:

And not only that it happens elsewhere, but if people living elsewhere get shot, it’s their own damn fault for being whatever it is they are that got them shot. If they would just stop smoking crack and rioting and wearing their pants way too low, they wouldn’t get shot.

Or if they'd stop going shopping or to parades or going to school, then they would be just fine.     They're playin' with fire there.   

11 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Or if they'd stop going shopping or to parades or going to school, then they would be just fine.     They're playin' with fire there.   

Actually, if they just gave guns to everybody and locked all the doors, no more good people would get shot.    

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

A lot of people outside of West Michigan are not familiar with Shanda Vander Ark.  

This is the most sadistic, evil person in the state of Michigan.    if anyone ever deserved the Death Penalty it's her. 

I had never heard of her. After looking it up, I wish I still never had. And I agree with you. Total evil...

7 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Is that a bad thing?  

Read about her or see the footage of her on the stand at your own risk.    She literally starved and tortured her autistic son to death.  Only allowed him to eat bread soaked in Million-Scoville hot sauce (once he built up a tolerance to other sauces).  Put motion sensors on him (literally ON him) and punished him if he moved.  Locked food away from him.  Put cameras all over the house to monitor every move.  Made him sit in ice baths as a punishment.   15 years old at the time of his death. 67 lbs.      She talked about those things like they're normal and no big deal  "oh, he liked spicy food" (which is why his older brother had to force his mouth open to eat the bread/hot sauce).     She worked at the courthouse as a clerk and often would remind people of how smart she is.     NO emotion.  Pure monster.   If the Judge had hit her in the head with the gavel I think everyone in the courtroom would have cheered, including her own attorney.     

Edited by Motor City Sonics

• 1 month later...

To me, What the Crumbley parents didn't understand is that the second you have a child,  you become secondary in your life.  It's all about them.   Seems they didn't want to cramp their style.   I didn't feel sorry for the shooter, but I kind of do now.  I mean, he deserves jail time, but I feel like he was more of a nuisance for the parents than actually the most important person in their world.   Selfish people aren't typically good parents.  

• Thanks 1