Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

59 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

A nazi shot up a Dollar General in a predominantly black part of town today in Jacksonville.

Ignore the invasive ad. If the local Newspaper on a Gannett budget can dig up the second paragraph, that isn't too cumbersome for any reasonable gun control to hold up this purchase.

Screenshot_20230826_202506_Times-Union.jpg

wonder who the gunmen voted for...............

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

This isn't all the same story, right, it's all different stories? 

Do you think that half of the people in those various congregations would still give these guys money?      I do.   

Lean some Bible quotes and you can get away with an awful lot with some folks.      Makes you understand why the countries that are considered the happiest are also the least overtly religious.  

21 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

This isn't all the same story, right, it's all different stories? 

Do you think that half of the people in those various congregations would still give these guys money?      I do.   

Lean some Bible quotes and you can get away with an awful lot with some folks.      Makes you understand why the countries that are considered the happiest are also the least overtly religious.  

Since it’s the libtard MSM that’s reporting these stories, I’m guessing a good chunk of their congregations dismiss these as fake news hit jobs, and the rest of them never heard a thing about them.

First of all...............Teaching a 4 year old "Gun Safety" by pointing the barrel against her chest and pulling the trigger?    That's the story?     No, I guess the lady was pissed and murdered a 4 year old for eating food without permission.   Yep, that's a death penalty crime if I ever heard it.       The girl was not with her parents because of a court order, so this poor child never really had a chance in life.  It's so sad.    Don't know why she wasn't with her parents, but I can speculate drugs had something to do with it.      We're so lost.       

To me there is no such thing as "gun safety", since the very reason they exist is to kill people.    Hard to be "safe" when the gun is being used for it's exact purpose.   

I hate guns so much.  It makes me want to leave - move somewhere people are sane.   

https://nypost.com/2023/08/29/woman-allegedly-shoots-dead-4-year-old-girl-claims-it-was-firearm-safety-lesson/

21 hours ago, chasfh said:

How the does the metal detector still miss the gun? Does the human body shield metal from detection? Or did somebody working the detector somehow miss it, or blow off the signal? Even the answer raises questions.

Just a guess that the security at the park (and many others) probably isn't re-trained or tested often and you can bet they aren't paid all that well.   

21 hours ago, chasfh said:

How the does the metal detector still miss the gun? Does the human body shield metal from detection? Or did somebody working the detector somehow miss it, or blow off the signal? Even the answer raises questions.

Also, people can make 3-D printed guns these days.............which is another level of insanity.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Just a guess that the security at the park (and many others) probably isn't re-trained or tested often and you can bet they aren't paid all that well.   

Right. But they probably spent 6 minutes inspecting an 86 year old woman’s medical supply bag for lighters.  

apparently one of the dudes that went after the Rockies CF also had a knife on him.

Maybe the metal detectors aren't only for actually finding things but deterring people from even trying, but sometimes that deterrence and the detection fail.  IDK.  It's very odd.   

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, romad1 said:

Apparently a man under several indictments across multiple jurisdictions was in the Palmetto State Armory in South Carolina today and was talking about buying a gun.  I hope the sales people warned him that attempting to purchase was a violation of his bail conditions.

What, they couldn’t get him on Burisma, either?

8 hours ago, MIguy said:

So instead of buying a $500 gun and paying $550 after taxes, it'll now cost $600.  I don't really see that making any difference as far as the number of guns on the street.  

It might make more of a difference by activating latent 2nd Amendment people waiting for a case to become electorally active over. Taxing the heck out of guns and ammunition might do that. Maybe some bold lawyer even brings a lawsuit challenging the very right of government to tax a constitutionally-protected product, one which, theoretically, people should be able to purchase most freely.