Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

6 minutes ago, pfife said:

So you think this was a worst example of Aldeans group?

Pointing out that you believe Aldean and his crew scoured the south, stopping in small towns and asking about the history of it.  "Oh, you just sold slaves here in the town square.... that's not gruesome enough, back on the bus boys, we're off to the next town."  Finally they learned about this lynching and immediately jumped up for joy, the whitest possible jumping high fives as they yee-haw'd, then unloading their gear because they finally got the perfect backdrop.  

And honestly, I know nothing of Aldean (well, almost nothing, wiki just informed me he's from GA), he might be the biggest racist out there and when he was growing up his daddy talked proudly of this lynching in TN which was so much better than any of the lynchings he grew up around and maybe that was the impotence which drove him to be a country music singer, just so he could someday have it as his backdrop.  That actually does sound more likely now that I think about it. 

2 hours ago, ewsieg said:

Pointing out that you believe Aldean and his crew scoured the south, stopping in small towns and asking about the history of it.  "Oh, you just sold slaves here in the town square.... that's not gruesome enough, back on the bus boys, we're off to the next town."  Finally they learned about this lynching and immediately jumped up for joy, the whitest possible jumping high fives as they yee-haw'd, then unloading their gear because they finally got the perfect backdrop.  

And honestly, I know nothing of Aldean (well, almost nothing, wiki just informed me he's from GA), he might be the biggest racist out there and when he was growing up his daddy talked proudly of this lynching in TN which was so much better than any of the lynchings he grew up around and maybe that was the impotence which drove him to be a country music singer, just so he could someday have it as his backdrop.  That actually does sound more likely now that I think about it. 

Lol that's quite a lot of making up what I believe champ

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2023 at 4:03 PM, ewsieg said:

The other thing to consider is that anything like a music video has a lot of chefs in the kitchen. Aldean may have been happy just to hit a chord with the MAGA with the song,  maybe someone a rung or two lower in the machinery involved in location scouting saw a way to send a giant dog whistle to those with the familiarity with that history for it to register. 

"Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you"

41 minutes ago, romad1 said:

The Montgomery riverboat brawl social media stuff is amazing.   

Someone synced up a segment to the Avengers Assemble scene and it's brilliant.

I took a personal day yesterday for some errands and spent an hour or so in the afternoon seeing all of these videos.  It was fun.  

One guy was like "If a black person is swimming to come get you.. you done messed up AAron."

So, this Freep article about the new and existing gun laws in Michigan is interesting.  I think I spotted one error.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2023/08/13/michigan-gun-laws-background-checks-storage-red-flags/70432935007/

I think the ATF ruling about bump stocks got rejected by some pro 2A mayhem court.  

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/06/politics/bump-stocks-guns-appeals-court/index.html

The overall direction of the Michigan gun laws seems correct though.  It should be just difficult enough to have a gun that the lazy and disengaged are dissuaded and not so difficult that the average person who applies themselves a little bit to store them and get the proper paperwork can get them...you know, like a car.

OH, and I just saw this...so this is reasonable

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/08/politics/supreme-court-ghost-guns/index.html

Ghost guns are not a significant player in crime stats per my previous understanding.  However, anyone with sense would grasp that circumventing the registration data would make owning one legally in a state where you need a license very difficult.  If the license required you to identify each firearm you own.

Edited by romad1

Isn’t one of the arguments of the more radical 2As that since automobiles are not specified in the Constitution, the government has a right to regulate them  and require registration, but since “arms” are specified there, the government has no rights to require register? I’m pretty sure i have heard this one.

5 hours ago, chasfh said:

Isn’t one of the arguments of the more radical 2As that since automobiles are not specified in the Constitution, the government has a right to regulate them  and require registration, but since “arms” are specified there, the government has no rights to require register? I’m pretty sure i have heard this one.

Did you tell them that the constitution specifically says that arms are to be well regulated?  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

A nazi shot up a Dollar General in a predominantly black part of town today in Jacksonville.

Ignore the invasive ad. If the local Newspaper on a Gannett budget can dig up the second paragraph, that isn't too cumbersome for any reasonable gun control to hold up this purchase.

Screenshot_20230826_202506_Times-Union.jpg