Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I think it might have been a cop telling him - in legal terms - to shut the **** up. 

That's exactly what he was doing. I just wonder why. Seems to me the more a perps blabs, the more they got the goods on him, and the easier it will be to convict him, or have him at least plead out in a harsh bargain. But it's almost as though the cop wanted to give this guy a decent chance to get off. Since when do cops do that with arrestees? If cops want suspects to clam up and not tell them anything, why do they question suspects at all?

50 minutes ago, chasfh said:

That's exactly what he was doing. I just wonder why. Seems to me the more a perps blabs, the more they got the goods on him, and the easier it will be to convict him, or have him at least plead out in a harsh bargain. But it's almost as though the cop wanted to give this guy a decent chance to get off. Since when do cops do that with arrestees? If cops want suspects to clam up and not tell them anything, why do they question suspects at all?

I don't think it was a concern about a guy self-incriminating, I think it might have been "I'm about to waste you, so you better shut up".    I think you'd have to be a robot to not want to do something to him.      His neighbor said he was a very angry guy and always screaming at his wife and kids, but this was not a crime of passion, he planned it.    I don't know - he's a loser, he's angry,  what conspiracy did he believe.  Did he think his kids had serpent DNA or some stupid crap like that?"

So this piece of garbage stabs a 22 year old woman and takes her toddler (in Lansing) and flees.   He was arrested in St. Clair Shores this morning.  The child was not with him and he won't talk.  He's bargaining.         Mom is in stable condition and I doubt the child is still alive, but to me  I don't think torture should be off the table.   Gave up his rights to be treated like a human when he didn't act like one. 

On 7/3/2023 at 11:12 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

So this piece of garbage stabs a 22 year old woman and takes her toddler (in Lansing) and flees.   He was arrested in St. Clair Shores this morning.  The child was not with him and he won't talk.  He's bargaining.         Mom is in stable condition and I doubt the child is still alive, but to me  I don't think torture should be off the table.   Gave up his rights to be treated like a human when he didn't act like one. 

In theory I absolutely agree.  In practice, it's just hard to give someone the power to be judge, jury, and executioner.  It's one of those things where if the police department (or other security agencies) could regulate themselves to where the only time we saw some questionable bruises on a suspect, it also came with scenarios like this, I could ignore and sleep well at night.  Still, doesn't make it right though.

Specific to this, I still don't see any updates on this case.  I'm concerned your right on the child.

42 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Should someone go to prison for being a coward or freezing during in a moment of terrorism?  I don't believe so.  He should probably lose his job though.  

Agreed, but I thought he said it wasn't so much freezing, but believing the shots were a result of a sniper that he suspected to be outside of the school.  Obviously I don't know if he made that up after the fact or what, but if true, I would think Hogg wouldn't be pushing for prison, but rather using him as a role model for the 'good guys with guns' argument.  If a trained cop can be confused when they are finally under that circumstance, how much faith do you have with a person off the street.

6 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Agreed, but I thought he said it wasn't so much freezing, but believing the shots were a result of a sniper that he suspected to be outside of the school.  Obviously I don't know if he made that up after the fact or what, but if true, I would think Hogg wouldn't be pushing for prison, but rather using him as a role model for the 'good guys with guns' argument.  If a trained cop can be confused when they are finally under that circumstance, how much faith do you have with a person off the street.

I have no faith at all.  It is certainly possible that the right well trained civilian could happen to be at the wrong place at the right time, but the odds are heavily against it.  

There's no way that it can be known to be true because that's just the argument he used for not doing anything.  But he also gave information to dispatch indicating he had a good idea where he was.

He froze and just used that as an excuse to get off legally.  Like when a cop shoots someone even though we can all see they shouldn't have, all they have to do is say they were in fear and they get off.

That guy who stabbed the woman and kidnapped her child is smiling in his mugshot.   I want them to just inflict pain on him.   Oh, they will in Prison, but they need to find out where that child is.   I doubt she's alive.   Guys like this are why, even though I am very liberal, I think some people do deserve the death penalty.   Too bad we don't have hit here.  If anyone deserves it.  

22 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I dont care if she's been a model prisoner for 40 years,  Leslie Van Houten should NEVER be paroled.     Just show the parole board the crime scene pictures and then show how she laughed about it all in court.      Her victims never got a second chance.   

She was 19, a runaway under the influence of a cult, and has done 53 years.  I can't get too upset about her getting released but would have also been fine had she not been.  

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2023 at 6:09 AM, Motor City Sonics said:

We have a case in Detroit of a  12 YEAR OLD GIRL threw acid on an 11 year old girl at a playground.    Allegedly, it was the 12 year old's Mom who gave her the jar of acid.   

What the ****?   

There are 600,000 stories in the naked city. This is one of them.

16 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Nothing good happens at a party store at one in the morning.

An entire class of people are conditioned to "defend their honor".

Besides, she had a legal right to carry a concealed weapon, so, what, is she not supposed to use it at the moment of truth?

9 hours ago, romad1 said:

Its kinda shocking that would happen in Livonia.   Its not that Livonia is all that it used to be in terms of being a boring suburb but gun play wasn't part of the menu when i grew up there. 

But you know, someone probably took cuts in line or grabbed the last of some sort of item or looked at someone wrong.  You know, crimes punishable by death these days.  

If CMT said they banned it because it was simply not a good song, i'd find that acceptable, but because of the politics? Seriously?  I just saw an ABC clip and they are talking about how it puts protesters in a bad light...so we're back to pretending there was no rioting in the BLM protests?   

The angry old man in me has no problem with these lyrics and wishes the rioters in the BLM protests 'got theirs'.  That said, based on the beginning of the video where it shows the American flag, I certainly hope Aldean would be equally alright if everyone that went into the Capitol on 1/6 came out in a body bag.  I know there is a part of me that wouldn't have minded.

To clarify though, that's just the anger of these situations talking and not what I think should be done in a civilized society.  He wrote a song about it, that's what artist do, even the ****ty ones like Aldean.

Edited by ewsieg

2 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

People don't stage large protests in small towns because they wouldn't have any impact.  It's also not always easy to get there.  There is typically no public transportation into small towns.      

Protests come in every shape and size and even small towns have had them.  If a small protest, with a smaller number of rioters started looting/burning in a small town, maybe there is no difference, maybe Aldean is right and it wouldn't end up well for them.  

I know this site hates Rittenhouse, but he's a hero to some folks on the right because he didn't want to see his town destroyed.  He had pride in his community.  Aldean is basically defending that stance, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just the (literal) execution of it that becomes the problem.