Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

You know why. 😏

That's one thing I miss being in the office.  I could just blurt out "Hey Terry, why did you send it to everyone when you thought it was my **** up but then just reply to me when it was yours?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Man in Florida (White guy, 60) sees someone backing into his driveway a few feet.  He runs outside with a loaded gun to start banging on the car and the SUV speeds away.     It was someone who was just at his across-the-street neighbor's house, backing up to change directions to leave.    I do that frequently.   My neighbors across the street do that to my driveway as well.   Never bothered me.    

Anyway, he goes over to the neighbor's house to scream at her - because, as a white man he is somehow always repressed and in danger,  and when she comes out to talk to him as he is back on his driveway to ask him "what the **** are you doing?" he points that loaded pistol at her head.   

Then he calls 9/11.  Claims she (with no weapon) threatened him.     Only thing is, his own ****ing doorbell came caught him in a lie.   He's had charges filed against him and his guns taken away. 

So , see  BIDEN WANTS TO TAKE YOUR GUNS AWAY FOR NO REASON !

12 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Man in Florida (White guy, 60) sees someone backing into his driveway a few feet.  He runs outside with a loaded gun to start banging on the car and the SUV speeds away.     It was someone who was just at his across-the-street neighbor's house, backing up to change directions to leave.    I do that frequently.   My neighbors across the street do that to my driveway as well.   Never bothered me.    

Anyway, he goes over to the neighbor's house to scream at her - because, as a white man he is somehow always repressed and in danger,  and when she comes out to talk to him as he is back on his driveway to ask him "what the **** are you doing?" he points that loaded pistol at her head.   

Then he calls 9/11.  Claims she (with no weapon) threatened him.     Only thing is, his own ****ing doorbell came caught him in a lie.   He's had charges filed against him and his guns taken away. 

I wish they did routine breathalizers on these runs. These people can't be sober, can they?

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

I wish they did routine breathalizers on these runs. These people can't be sober, can they?

Sure they can.   The kind that sit around watching Fox News all day thinking everyone is coming to get them.  Always the victim, right? 

FOX NEWS:  Hey, remember when you could hit your women, threaten gays and keep all "those people" out of your neighborhood, and nobody could stop you?   Well you can't anymore - they're all coming to get you,  you'd better arm yourself, there might be a black 7th grader selling candy for football helmet money or a lesbian food deliverer,  Oh, the Humanity !!!!!!

Hey, old white guy,  nobody wants you.   They don't care about our demo (I am 58 years old, we're over, we're through, we're the has-beens and the way we've treated everyone we should be) The only thing targeted to us is medicare ads on daytime TV (Christ, do they have enough of those?).    You can keep your suburban castle and stupid lawn........nobody's coming to take those away.   Nobody wants it.      I hope someone walks on his lawn now - all he can do now is turn a hose on them and when it's 90 and humid, that's actually not a punishment.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I don’t believe a guy in Florida got his guns taken away. That doesn’t pass the smell test. 😏

I don't care if Ted Kaczynski killed himself.  I'm just glad he's dead.     The most maddening part of all of it, is many of the things he asserted ABOUT TECHNOLOGY were not off-base and are coming true and there are some frightening things ahead.   The other junk in his manifesto was pure garbage, but the tech stuff was pretty spot-on.   Too bad he felt he needed to kill and hurt and terrorize people to make his point.   Asshole.     Hey Ted,  when you get to Hell, say HI to Pat Robertson for me.......sorry, for us!

Edited by Motor City Sonics

2 1/2 year old fatally shoots themselves with an unsecured gun.    I know the parents are devastated, but whomever that gun is registered to should be charged - and so should all the gun owners that don't secure there guns when this thing happens.   The people in that household should never be allowed to legally own a gun again.  

On 6/10/2023 at 5:04 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

I was driving home to Dearborn from Ann Arbor today, a Saturday, where it's warm and sunny in most of the country and I actually thought "I wonder where this weekend's mass shootings will be?".     It's just kind of a normal thought now. 

Looks like I was a day early.   Maryland on Sunday Night.   3 dead, 3 wounded.   It was at a Graduation Party.   Not the first time this graduation season, either.    

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Just reading about Chad Doerman - an Ohio man who shot and killed his 3 sons with a rifle.     First thought for me is  - which Q conspiracy led him to this?        Prison sucks, but it's gonna suck a whole lot more when they find out he killed his own kids.  

According to the story, the shooter started to say something, and the cop cuffing him at the time said, “You have the right to remain silent, dude, use it!” Why did the cop say this? Why was he so concerned about the perp talking? Was he concerned that the perp was going to incriminate himself further? I always imagined cops would want perps to blab on the spot to make it easier to convict them.

10 minutes ago, chasfh said:

According to the story, the shooter started to say something, and the cop cuffing him at the time said, “You have the right to remain silent, dude, use it!” Why did the cop say this? Why was he so concerned about the perp talking? Was he concerned that the perp was going to incriminate himself further? I always imagined cops would want perps to blab on the spot to make it easier to convict them.

Hard to say. It could also been that for the sake of his own sanity he didn't want to hear Doerman say anything that might have led him to leave another body at the scene.

could also be a cover your ass thing... if he is talking and not told that again, could that be used against the prosecution?

I am sympathetic to the idea that sometimes cops look out for certain perps more than they would others... but not here I don't think.  The guy killed his kids.  If he had killed a black guy on his property I could see the cops doing that.

22 minutes ago, oblong said:

could also be a cover your ass thing... if he is talking and not told that again, could that be used against the prosecution?

yeah - for whatever reason the cop probably just didn't want to deal with it. IIRC, a proper Miranda warning (at least in MI) ends by asking the suspect if he understands his rights. If he assents I would assume the police are then off the hook if he starts talking. If the suspect doesn't reply to the Miranda that he understands but then starts talking what is the situation? Is that where you tell him to shut  up as you may not be able to use what he says anyway?

Edited by gehringer_2

13 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

yeah - for whatever reason the cop probably just didn't want to deal with it. IIRC, a proper Miranda warning (at least in MI) ends by asking the suspect if he understands his rights. If he assents I would assume the police are then off the hook if he starts talking. If the suspect doesn't reply to the Miranda that he understands but then starts talking what is the situation? Is that where you tell him to shut  up as you may not be able to use what he says anyway?

I also thought it could be a way to avoid having to testify later on about anything he says... like "don't drag me into your BS... I'm just here to arrest you then I'm done with this case"

3 hours ago, oblong said:

I am sympathetic to the idea that sometimes cops look out for certain perps more than they would others... but not here I don't think.  The guy killed his kids.  If he had killed a black guy on his property I could see the cops doing that.

Could you seriously see the same cops doing this if it were a black guy killing his kids on his property?

2 hours ago, oblong said:

I also thought it could be a way to avoid having to testify later on about anything he says... like "don't drag me into your BS... I'm just here to arrest you then I'm done with this case"

is he done with the case in any event? Won't he have to be present and potentially testify at trial?