Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

On 2/14/2024 at 5:56 PM, Motown Bombers said:

Turns out this was between a bunch of thugs. Funny how quickly this disappeared from the headlines....

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/20/us/two-men-charged-with-murder-in-kansas-city-parade-shooting/index.html

Two men were charged with murder and other felony charges for their roles in the mass shooting after a Kansas City Chiefs championship rally last week, Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker said Tuesday.

Lyndell Mays, of Raytown, and Dominic M. Miller, of Kansas City, were both charged with second-degree murder, unlawful use of a weapon and two counts of armed criminal action, the prosecutor’s office said. They are being held on $1 million bond.

According to the investigation, Mays was in a verbal argument with another person that escalated, and Mays then drew a handgun. Almost immediately, Miller and others pulled their firearms, leading to the shootout, Baker said. The two did not know each other before that day, Baker added.

• Confused 1

This one cleared the headlines even quicker. A trans man, pro Palestinian shoots up church. Funny how hate only gets mentioned when it fits the narrative.

https://apnews.com/article/church-shooting-joel-osteen-texas-ea557401f2eef247020e34297159536a

Investigators also found antisemitic writings by the shooter, and Hassig noted Moreno’s rifle had a “Palestine” sticker on the buttstock. He described Moreno as a “lone wolf” who was not acting as any part of a larger group.

• Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, GoBlue23 said:

Because nobody is going to invest in creating a bunch of realistic looking fake guns that can simulate being fired without the danger of actually loading it with blanks until it's mandated by law.  

They can make space flight look real, they certainly can with dummy guns.  

They're still making the movie, aren't they? 

4 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

STANDING OVATION TO THE OAKLAND COUNTY PROSECUTORS AND TO THE JURY.    

The kid was begging for help and they did nothing.     If they had even tried ANYTHING to help him, neither would be facing prison time right now.   

2 fewer votes for Trump, too.    It's a win-win. 

I'm not sure "win-win" is applicable given the storyline.

1 hour ago, casimir said:

I'm not sure "win-win" is applicable given the storyline.

The wins are - setting a precedent for future enablers  and getting two more lunatics off the street    I feel bad for the kid. If he had parents that acted like compassionate parents instead of selfish children themselves he might have had a chance.  Maybe.   Doesn't seem like the kind of kid that would have had the street sense to get a gun on the black market.     Oh, and the win because it's two fewer MAGA morons on election day.      Wasn't their gun, it was his gun, a gun they bought for a troubled 15 year old.    Some court will overturn it at some point because we live in a country of gun-loving lunatics, like the Crumbleys,  who, to the best of my knowledge, were not part of a well-regulated militia. 

18 minutes ago, GoBlue23 said:

But what's not a win is now you have a mentally ill kid that was failed by everyone around him that'll spend the rest of his life rotting away in prison while still not having his mental health issues addressed. 

And the dead students, too. Not a win.

Well, Oblong and I live in a neighborhood where a guy attacked two elderly women (sexually and physically).   (I think Ob still lives here).        One of the women is 90.    Both are in the hospital and probably will live in fear the rest of their lives. 

Castration would not be enough.  

4 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Well, Oblong and I live in a neighborhood where a guy attacked two elderly women (sexually and physically).   (I think Ob still lives here).        One of the women is 90.    Both are in the hospital and probably will live in fear the rest of their lives. 

Castration would not be enough.  

Yeah that wasn’t very far away.  Thought I read Carlysle?  I live behind and a block north of Iversons and Elmhurst. 

11 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Stellar ****ing week, downriver.    Man rapes a 90 and 87 year old in Dearborn,  a shooting at Fairlane,  Head-on collision with a drunk driver in Southgate kills someone, and a mom in Wayne beat her 8 year old to death.   What the ****?       

There was also a shooting at a bar in Romulus. Van Born and Merriman which isn’t that far. 

36 minutes ago, oblong said:

There was also a shooting at a bar in Romulus. Van Born and Merriman which isn’t that far. 

I guess that bar was just trouble.   They shut it down (for now).  

I lock my doors at night but I've never been paranoid about it, but people are just crazy now.    So many crazy, desperate and angry people.   Why?   Life didn't get you all you wanted?    Maybe that's on YOU !    I think this is, in part, a symptom for cutting so much funding for mental health.   

I have never seen the guy.   Not only did he attack two elderly sisters in their home in my neighborhood, he attacked a 13 year old girl in Allen Park the same day.   If he somehow gets out he'd better stay away from our neighborhood.   People are really REALLY angry over this.  People want a piece of this guy.  Jail's the safest place for him.    Based on his crimes, he should be thrown under the jail.      His name is Michael Holcomb.    This is what 52 looks like?   I guess when you have the weight of being a degenerate scumbag on your shoulders it ages you.  

https://www.wxyz.com/news/man-arraigned-in-heinous-attack-for-allegedly-abusing-raping-2-elderly-sisters?utm_term=wxyz,news,detroit,7 action news,homepage showcase,metro detroit,local news&utm_source=pushly

Edited by Motor City Sonics

Everyone should be armed for their own self defense. I mean, what could go wrong?

Police officers in Brooklyn shot and killed a 20-year-old man on Monday who had been shooting at a mugger running off with his wallet, according to three law enforcement officials familiar with the matter.

The man, Nathan Scott, was firing at a fleeing man and woman after his wallet was stolen, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were discussing a continuing investigation.

The man who stole Mr. Scott’s wallet later confessed to the theft, one of the officials said. Mr. Scott gave chase for several blocks after he was robbed, according to an official.

The fatal shooting occurred after four officers in an unmarked car, responding to calls of gunshots around 6 p.m. at East 57th Street and Linden Boulevard in East Flatbush, came across the foot chase, John Chell, the Police Department’s chief of patrol, said at a news conference on Monday.

The officers saw the man in pursuit of the couple, “firing numerous rounds trying to shoot them,” he said.

innocent bystander also hit twice - unclear yet by whom.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/19/nyregion/brooklyn-police-shooting.html

Edited by gehringer_2

I don’t typically support cops shooting civilians, but wow, is it ever warranted here. It’s obviously sad that the shooter died, but really, when cops see one civilian shooting at other civilians running away from them, and they don’t stop and drop the weapon on command, what else can they do to stop it?

I can’t imagine RWM won’t lionize the shooter as a martyr. After all, Trump has given people permission to shoot others for merely stealing.

This could end up being a real litmus test case for which side people are on about what the scope of 2A should be.

Edited by chasfh

Michael Holcomb, the scumbag who sexually assaulted a 13 year old in Allen Park and two elderly women in my neighborhood was thwarted in a further attack of the 13 year old when a 7 year old girl helped her escape.  He tried to lock both of them in the house. 

He'd gone to prison in 2010 for sexually assaulting a child in Dearborn Heights.   He got paroled in 2018.   The parole was discharged in 2020. 

Does anyone else here think someone who would sexually abuse a child should get more than 8 years in prison?    I think they should get LIFE.    People like that can't be cured.      That's been proven.   They just can't.   

The 13 year old was attacked in the home of a close relative of Holcomb, who knew his background.

Just end this bastard.   

• 2 weeks later...