Rarity: 58
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:
https://immaculategrid.com
@immaculategrid x @baseball_ref

Nailed this one today which is a surprise since it had my arch nemesis the Rockies on it, fortunately it offset that by having the Giants who I know a lot about and of course the Tigers. My worst pick was the Giants 500 HR pick, didn't go with the super obvious Bonds but still had to settle for a relatively obvious one cause I was drawing a blank on any of the players that may have had a short stint with them. 

3 minutes ago, theroundsquare said:

I thought my kevin ritz pick would push up the rarity score.  not so much

I wonder if it will get to the point where the obvious picks end up having low scores cause nobody will pick them cause they think it's too obvious. Like the Bonds or Mays pick for SF 500HR guys, watch them end up with a low score cause people purposely avoid picking them. 

My Jason Grilli pick was probably the best one of the day for me, only reason I remember it so fondly was because I was actually in attendance a couple rows behind the Rockies bullpen like a week or so after he was traded to them and my friends and I joined others in some good nature heckling of him in which he was a good sport about who responded back to all of us. 

Immaculate Grid 103 9/9:
Rarity: 85
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:

Back to back days getting all of them, considering it didn't have the Tigers like yesterday I'm more impressed with myself. Luckily though 2 of the categories were HOFers and .300 seasons which definitely made things easier. 

4 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Immaculate Grid 103 9/9:
Rarity: 85
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:

Back to back days getting all of them, considering it didn't have the Tigers like yesterday I'm more impressed with myself. Luckily though 2 of the categories were HOFers and .300 seasons which definitely made things easier. 

85 rarity is pretty darned good.

1 minute ago, Jim Cowan said:

85 rarity is pretty darned good.

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised with it, my Tram pick for .300 avg season and HOF really helped me, I may have actually been the only person that picked it cause it was .01%. My only bad pick was the Reds/Jays player, I of course ended up picking the most popular answer. 

That is pretty wild, on a side note it made me go to both their bref pages out of curiosity and I forgot how good Prince was offensively for us in 2012. For some reason my memory always seemed to think that he was disappointing that year but the numbers say otherwise. 

16 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Wasn’t sure were to post this. Amazing how these stats line up.

IMG_1078.jpeg

Yawn.  My dad and I are tied with 0.  What’s more, my son (which I do not have any offspring of the male variety) is also tied with us at 0.  Three generations tied with the same number of home runs.  Go ahead, top that.

• Haha 2

The chatter of expansion is in the air.  I know that it’s likely at some point.  And I know that there is a popular idea that 4 team divisions will be the result.  My contention against it is based on the math behind smaller populated divisions resulting in keeping better records out of the playoffs in lieu of worse records making it into the playoffs.

It almost happened in 1994 with Texas leading the AL West standings at 10 games below a neutral record.  This season we currently have AL Central leading Minnesota at 3 games worse than Boston and New York, who are currently tied for last in the AL East and would be scratched out of the second season.

Now, I’m not here to throw a pity party for those scoundrels.  On the contrary, I hope it holds.  This situation at hand is exactly the dose of reality needed that would give pause to slicing up 32 teams into too many portions.  In fact, I hope New York and Boston further their records above and beyond the AL Central winner (whomever that may be) yet still not make the playoffs because there are 3 wild cards with a better (and hopefully materially so) better record than the despicable duo.

Please, feel free to join me in this worthwhile crusade.  I mean, I don’t know what to do exactly except for wait out the season and hope for the best for some and the worst for others.  But there’s strength in numbers, and there’s plenty of room on the bandwagon.

6 minutes ago, casimir said:

The chatter of expansion is in the air.  I know that it’s likely at some point.  And I know that there is a popular idea that 4 team divisions will be the result.  My contention against it is based on the math behind smaller populated divisions resulting in keeping better records out of the playoffs in lieu of worse records making it into the playoffs.

It almost happened in 1994 with Texas leading the AL West standings at 10 games below a neutral record.  This season we currently have AL Central leading Minnesota at 3 games worse than Boston and New York, who are currently tied for last in the AL East and would be scratched out of the second season.

Now, I’m not here to throw a pity party for those scoundrels.  On the contrary, I hope it holds.  This situation at hand is exactly the dose of reality needed that would give pause to slicing up 32 teams into too many portions.  In fact, I hope New York and Boston further their records above and beyond the AL Central winner (whomever that may be) yet still not make the playoffs because there are 3 wild cards with a better (and hopefully materially so) better record than the despicable duo.

Please, feel free to join me in this worthwhile crusade.  I mean, I don’t know what to do exactly except for wait out the season and hope for the best for some and the worst for others.  But there’s strength in numbers, and there’s plenty of room on the bandwagon.

It's going to be 8 four team divisions and there will be 8 wild cards.  Always remember that "Americans love brackets"

Edited by Tiger337

21 minutes ago, casimir said:

Yawn.  My dad and I are tied with 0.  What’s more, my son (which I do not have any offspring of the male variety) is also tied with us at 0.  Three generations tied with the same number of home runs.  Go ahead, top that.

There is no rule against your daughters (who also have zero home runs) playing in the majors

Just now, Tiger337 said:

There is no rule against your daughters (who also have zero home runs) playing in the majors

True.  But they’re wasting their time with activities that they foolishly enjoy more.  I believe I’m failing as a parent.

I like the pitch clock where it is: 15 seconds bases empty, 20 seconds otherwise. I get why Players want to change it because their mandate is to protect current high-dues-paying members, but that’s the only thing their position is about. It’s definitely not about the theoretical quality of the game or *snort* the fan experience. If current pitchers can’t hack it, replace them with new pitchers who can. Once that were to happen it wouldn’t be an issue anymore.

10 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I like the pitch clock where it is: 15 seconds bases empty, 20 seconds otherwise. I get why Players want to change it because their mandate is to protect current high-dues-paying members, but that’s the only thing their position is about. It’s definitely not about the theoretical quality of the game or *snort* the fan experience. If current pitchers can’t hack it, replace them with new pitchers who can. Once that were to happen it wouldn’t be an issue anymore.

Shoot a few, arrest a few and the rest will fall in line.

20 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

It's going to be 8 four team divisions and there will be 8 wild cards.  Always remember that "Americans love brackets"

I am in favor of 8 five team divisions where the regular season is expanded to 200 games, and the top 4 teams in each division make the playoffs and are seeded 1 through 4 and then play each other in a best of 9 series.

It reminds me on how the NHL was when I was a kid: 21 teams and 16 playoff teams.  

20 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Casey Candaele's mom wasn't allowed to play in the little league mother-son game because she hit the ball too hard and they were afraid she would hurt one of the kids.